Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! (664 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / 'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / Spiritual Home: Report Your Case Today And Have A Solution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by jezuzboi(m): 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
AMAZING ANSWERES TO QUESTIONS ABOUT S3X, COURTSHIP & MARRIAGE THAT YOU DON'T KNOW

In far away Akwa Ibom State is a local assembly situated in the city of Eket and headed by a Spirit Filled Pastor who's so passionate about the welfare of marriages. Having dealt with series of catastrophic marriages, he sought to put an end to all unlikely marital uprising by enlightening the youths of the city about the dos and do not's of marriage to prevent them from having bad marriages.

To do this, he started a free marriage school called "SINGLES MARRIAGE SCHOOL" (SMS), and youths of the city turned out in their numbers to learn. Between March 2016 and now, six topics on marriage have been dealt with; one topic each month. The topics are

1. The Origin Of Marriage
2. Who Should I marry?
3. Maturity For Marriage
4. Understanding The Marriage Yoke
5. Understanding Christian Courtship 1
6. Understanding Christian Courtship 2

But before I venture into details about the topics, I'd like to share with you the amazing and hilarious questions that sprung up in the course learning within these past six months; and of cause "THE ANSWERS." Sit Tight!

QUESTION 1
Should we have sex during courtship?

ANSWER 1
Capital No! That has been the case with many people who have courted for years. They are said to have been married enough before even proceeding to wed. So it is not allowed. Make sure you discuss these things during courtship. Three basic things to discuss during courtship are MONEY, SEX, and FAMILY. Run away from anyone who doesn’t talk during courtship. He or she has something to hide.

QUESTION 2
You said the biological features of a lady should be considered only after marriage. Would it be wrong to want to marry a girl because of her biological features as far as she is spiritually sound?

ANSWER 2
It is not wrong. But it shouldn’t be the primary requirement for marriage because biological features are variables and will surely change with age.

QUESTION 3
Relating the biblical concept of Levites marrying Levites to the present generation, does the idea suppose that as Christians, we are limited to choosing a wife or husband from our religious denomination alone? Or can we choose from any denomination as far as he or she is a Christian?

ANSWER 3
Cross-denominational marriage is not bad. But it is advisable to marry from the same denomination because both parties have acquired the same knowledge about marriage and can easily overcome marital challenges, unlike marrying someone from another denomination who has a different idea of marriage.

QUESTION 4
What if I don’t find a wife or husband among the maidens or gentlemen in my denomination? Do I just tie the nuts with anyone in my denomination?

ANSWER 4
If you are faithful to God in your denomination, He will provide you a suitable spouse; most likely from your denomination. He can also provide spouses from another denomination. That notwithstanding, it is still advisable to marry from the same denomination. Or from any branch of the same ministry because they hold the same orientation.

QUESTION 5
A lot of marriages crash because of sexual dissatisfaction. So how do potential spouses determine whether they are well equipped to satisfy each other sexually before marriage so that they don't marry and have to face issues of sexual dissatisfaction?

ANSWER 5
Read sex books by Christian authors. That will help you understand your body. That's how to you determine all you need to determine before marriage. NOT BY TESTING!

My brothers and sisters, these are marriage principles you must follow if you don't want O.Y.O to be your case.
Re: Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
This is lovely.

Good one
Re: Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by theEYe21(f): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
Abegi! This is a long tin sad
Re: Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by jezuzboi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
lilyqueen:
This is lovely.

Good one
Indeed! Cheers!
Re: Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by jezuzboi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
theEYe21:
Abegi! This is a long tin sad
It is better to pay the price of discipline than bear the pain of regret. I'm sure u don't want O.Y.O to be ur case.
Re: Marriage Principles You Must Follow If You Don't Want O.Y.O To Be Your Case! by jezuzboi(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Many have flawed in the decision-making process of who to marry and had themselves subjected to the woes of being unequally yoked together with the wrong partners for a lifetime. Youths are encouraged to embrace certain spiritual measures which will serve as a guide to being adequately developed for marriage. These measures will aid the finding of a partner from the multitude of the good, bad, and ugly who is most suitable for this lifelong commitment called marriage. So before proposing or agreeing to a proposal, the following should be in place.

Develop Spiritual Muscles.

Develop Intellectual Muscles. (Intelligence in this context not measured by certification but by knowledge of God)

Develop Economic muscles.

God is a loving father, and will not give you more than you can bear. Marriage is not a simple task. Rather, it is HARD work, meant only for those who understand the basics and rudiments of relationship. Note that marriage is an interactive relationship, not exclusively for reproduction. The marital union requires as much training as does any other of life’s course that demands excellence. Bachelors and bachelorettes must be well trained to handle the marriage covenant, as a shortfall in that area can result in marital catastrophe. God forbid!

One must understand that the first man and woman were made male and female for A COURSE. The course in this context signifies the God-ordained purpose for which a man glues himself to a woman in holy matrimony. If intending couples happen to be void of the understanding of the course for which God made them male and female for marriage’s sake, they shouldn’t proceed to tie the nuts.

The term "Male and female" does not speak of gender for productivity. So marriage should not be thought of as a platform for human reproduction. That is however not absent from the purpose of marriage. You must have a rich understanding of why God made you either a female or male before getting into marriage. Refer to the nuggets below for more enlightenment.

God only yokes two persons in marriage when He notices adequate training and preparedness in them.

Understand the CAUSE of Marriage before getting into it - Mark 10 v 6, Gen 1 v 26, 27, Exodus 2 v 1, Gen 2 v 24, 25.

Don't marry someone you are not proud of or cannot respect. And don't marry someone whose occupation you don't like.

Courtship is not a guarantee to Marriage! A broken courtship is far better than a broken marriage.

God is the YOKE MASTER. He won’t ever yoke you in marriage with anybody capable of wasting your time, destiny and resources.

When you are well trained and ready to marry, God will bring the right person your way.

For the marriage yoke to produce results, it has to be BALANCED.

To be continued.

(1) (Reply)

A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam / Jesus Is Coming Soon / I Wept Bitterly At Night, When I Slept The Angel Of God Appeared To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.