Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It (20170 Views)

Pix!Frosh!!landing Hot Original Xiaomi Power Banks(laptops And Phones) / 4 Common Troubles Of Toshiba Satellite Laptops And Their Solutions / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by anthonypeters(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2016
A lot people take an overheating laptop for granted, they believe its some little stuff that can fix up itself but the truth is: FREQUENT OVERHEATING DAMAGES THE MOTHERBOARD! You may also be surprised to know that most overheating problems are caused by PC users. It is worth is it you know the major cause of overheating in laptops, knowing this will help you avoid anything that could lead to overheating in your laptop.

An overheating laptop freezes, restarts by itself or shuts down after it has been on for some time, typically 10-15 minutes. If you start it again, it does the same thing after just a few minutes, maybe seconds depending on how hot the PC microprocessor is. Sometimes, the PC could get so hot that it could boil your favorite noodles (LOL).

You need to understand that the heat you notice in an overheating PC is generated at your microprocessor. Most Microprocessors (especially older microprocessors) normally produce heat once your PC is on as a result of the numerous heavy calculations it does while your PC is on. This heat is eliminated from your PC by a device called the heat sink, the heat sink is always at the vent space noticeable at the side or below your PC. When you allow this vent space to be blocked or you place your PC on an unclean surface especially one filled with dust or debris, the PC fan collects these dusts and debris into the heat sink, when these dust and debris accumulate over time, the PC cannot conveniently release heat again through these vents, the heat produced at the microprocessor is trapped back in your PC’s microprocessor and that leads to overheating.

It is important you keep your PC away from dust and debris, placing your PC on top of a mattress is also not considered wise as little particles of foam also accumulate and block the vent.

Newer PCs with low power microprocessors are better as they generate lesser heat and do not need a heat sink or fan to cool it. These PCs can be used on most surfaces, but never dusty surface. You need to understand that dust is in enmity with PCs. Besides blocking your vents, dust also has other harmful effects on your PC, so stay away from dust.

Sometimes overheating is caused by a cooling system malfunction. Some laptops will show an error message immediately after starting if the microprocessor fan is not functioning properly. However in some cases the fan blades are just loose, broken, bad, or simply malfunctioning and won’t move enough air to cool the laptop. In this case, your CPU cooling system needs to be changed immediately, this should only be done by an expert engineer/technician as an error here can potentially damage your PC.

Source: http://naijalaptopfix.com/blog/major-cause-of-overheating-in-laptops-and-how-to-avoid-it/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2016
nice info lalasticlala show face

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by delishpot: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2016
I Don learn new one today

2 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Cameleon72(f): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Nice update....
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by benedictnsi(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
no wahala
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thnaks

One can buy a cooling pad to help cool the computer/PC.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by McBrooklyn(m): 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
And I guess it's advisably to stop using the laptop to stop playing games too cos the last time me and my goons start using my laptop to play PES16, it was really fun until the day the laptop broke down and I've to start hustling to repair the laptop myself . . . F**k Fake Friends embarassed angry angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Proffdada: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Also type of processor and program determines the temperature of PCs undecided
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by henrydadon(m): 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
angry

worthy front page news

but i will always prefer desktop to laptop tho

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Thisis2raw(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thank God I see this one
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by amhackdee(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
cool
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by letsbet(m): 1:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
nice one.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by cyojunior1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Wat op phones too especially BOLD 6 ?
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Kenneth205(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nice one Op
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Kenneth205(m): 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
cyojunior1:
Wat op phones too especially BOLD 6 ?

10 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Jediel1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Or jst put ur laptop in icr
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Chuksemi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Informative.
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by adefemi007(m): 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by McBrooklyn(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
henrydadon:
angry
worthy front page news
but i will always prefer desktop to laptop tho

Desktop to Laptop?? undecided angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Atesunate15(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
even the radiation from it is not good

check this out

www.nairaland.com/3284278/abuja-tomorrow-come
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Atesunate15(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Desktop to Laptop?? undecided angry
maybe he's from 19th century
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Bants(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
I thought it was the SUN oh my bad
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by sleamzy06(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
The following list describes some of the issues caused by too much heat in the computer:

Games stop responding during play.

Windows stops responding during use.

Fans inside the computer become louder because they are spinning faster to remove the heat.

When starting the computer, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows.

Windows usually stops responding when it does open.

Mouse and keyboard stop responding.

Computer unexpectedly restarts or displays a blue screen error message.

2 Likes

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by davesd: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
When i buy my PC, i will not use it on my Bed, i will not take it to the farm, i will not use it when traveling on Nigerian road due to dust on our roads. @ OP thanks for that inform.

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by McBrooklyn(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Atesunate15:
maybe he's from 19th century

Yeah, Probably!!! grin grin
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by stagger: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
anthonypeters:
A lot people take an overheating laptop for granted, they believe its some little stuff that can fix up itself but the truth is: FREQUENT OVERHEATING DAMAGES THE MOTHERBOARD! You may also be surprised to know that most overheating problems are caused by PC users. It is worth is it you know the major cause of overheating in laptops, knowing this will help you avoid anything that could lead to overheating in your laptop.
An overheating laptop freezes, restarts by itself or shuts down after it has been on for some time, typically 10-15 minutes. If you start it again, it does the same thing after just a few minutes, maybe seconds depending on how hot the PC microprocessor is. Sometimes, the PC could get so hot that it could boil your favorite noodles (LOL).
You need to understand that the heat you notice in an overheating PC is generated at your microprocessor. Most Microprocessors (especially older microprocessors) normally produce heat once your PC is on as a result of the numerous heavy calculations it does while your PC is on. This heat is eliminated from your PC by a device called the heat sink, the heat sink is always at the vent space noticeable at the side or below your PC. When you allow this vent space to be blocked or you place your PC on an unclean surface especially one filled with dust or debris, the PC fan collects these dusts and debris into the heat sink, when these dust and debris accumulate over time, the PC cannot conveniently release heat again through these vents, the heat produced at the microprocessor is trapped back in your PC’s microprocessor and that leads to overheating.
It is important you keep your PC away from dust and debris, placing your PC on top of a mattress is also not considered wise as little particles of foam also accumulate and block the vent.
Newer PCs with low power microprocessors are better as they generate lesser heat and do not need a heat sink or fan to cool it. These PCs can be used on most surfaces, but never dusty surface. You need to understand that dust is in enmity with PCs. Besides blocking your vents, dust also has other harmful effects on your PC, so stay away from dust.
Sometimes overheating is caused by a cooling system malfunction. Some laptops will show an error message immediately after starting if the microprocessor fan is not functioning properly. However in some cases the fan blades are just loose, broken, bad, or simply malfunctioning and won’t move enough air to cool the laptop. In this case, your CPU cooling system needs to be changed immediately, this should only be done by an expert engineer/technician as an error here can potentially damage your PC.
Source: http://naijalaptopfix.com/blog/major-cause-of-overheating-in-laptops-and-how-to-avoid-it/

OP, what is the solution? I have a laptop that sometimes freezes and then the noise from the fan no get rival. I usually cure the illness by putting the stuff under ac and it does the trick. Suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by stano2(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Op managing my own before laptop repairers will solve one and create 2problems for me.

My Guy's HP gets hot and freezes after 30minutes of operating on it.. U can boil a kettle of water with it grin : grin could this be the problem cos De last guy we gave it to did nothing
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by anthonypeters(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
stano2:
Op managing my own before laptop repairers will solve one and create 2problems for me.

My Guy's HP gets hot and freezes after 30minutes of operating on it.. U can boil a kettle of water with it grin : grin could this be the problem cos De last guy we gave it to did nothing

Overheating is the fault. You can fix it at your closest genuine laptop repairs shop. If you stay in Owerri, you can book for repairs on www.naijalaptopfix.com
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by steffans(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
OK.. Noted!
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
How repairers wan take dey chop if una no wan make una system spoil
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by rightchic(f): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
anthonypeters:

Op please does internal hard drive also cause laptop over heating?
Re: Major Causes Of Overheating In Laptops And How To Avoid It by noble71(m): 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Tanks op for the information

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Hack A Computer Adminstrator / How To Enable God Mode Control Panel In Windows / 9-yr-old Boy Is Nigeria’s Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.