Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands (513 Views)

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / The Salvation Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands by Goodyman(m): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
The Lord decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of the wickedness of the city and the unrepentant attitude of the inhabitants. He informed Abraham of His intentions and Abraham pleaded with the LORD to spare his relation, Lot and members of his family. (Gen. 18:22-31). The LORD agreed and granted them salvation, but Lot's wife and some of his daughters and their husbands (sons-in-law) allowed the salvation granted unto them through the grace of the LORD to slip away from their hands and accordingly got destroyed with the city. (Gen. 18:17-33, Gen. 19:1-24).
In Romans 3:23, the Bible says: "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God", but the Lord out of His mercy and compassion upon us decided to grant us salvation.
Are you a brother in the Lord; are you a sister in the Lord, please, I beg of you, do not let the salvation which we struggled and denied ourselves of a lot of things and which God, through His grace, granted us, slip away from our hands because of the pleasures of this world as Lot's wife did.
Are you out there and you have not yet given your life to Christ? The Bible says in Acts 4:12: "Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven given among men (apart from our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ) whereby we must be saved." This is the time for you to retrace your steps and surrender your life to Jesus Christ, for there is no repentance in the grave. SURELY, the Lord shall destroy all unbelievers (1 Cor. 6:9-10) for these would not be allowed into His Kingdom, but the opportunity is there for you right now not to be part of that destruction. REPENT NOW AND BE SAVED.
Re: Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands by frubben(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Am a Christian o but gat a question
If I can retrace my step by my self then why do I need GOD??
Re: Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands by promise10: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
frubben:
Am a Christian o but gat a question
If I can retrace my step by my self then why do I need GOD??
Please, can you explain what you asked, to see if I can help.
Re: Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands by frubben(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
promise10:

Please, can you explain what you asked, to see if I can help.

if I the op correctly, he said and I quote "retrace your step and give your life to christ"

If I can on my own retrace my step, den wat is the need in giving my life to christ?
Re: Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands by Goodyman(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2016
If for example, one is an armed robber (I am not saying you are one, I am only giving an example), his conscience will be telling him that it is not good to take things that do not belong to you from people by force or killing them to even taking the items from them. In most cases the one who does this evil, sometimes, have the strong feeling that indeed what he is doing is not good and would like to put a stop to it but have difficulty in doing so. God has given us the mechanism i.e. the conscience, to warn us when we do something wrong, but more often than not we do not listen until one is caught and punished. So, if the one who does this evil decides to put a stop to it he can actually do so if he so decides. It takes a very strong will to do it, but if the person is having problems in putting a stop to it, then the next thing is to seek the assistance of God through prayers or by seeing a man of God. If even one is able to retrace his steps out of his strong will, he still needs God because without God no one can exist. He is our Creator, our Maker and has given us guidelines (the Holy Bible) for us to live according to His will. So, you need God ALWAYS. Once he puts a stop to the evil he is doing, he now thinks about his whole life and the need for him to follow God's way and once he does that he now realizes that he has actually been doing the wrong thing, asks God for forgiveness for what he had done and now lives a righteous and God-fearing life.

(1) (Reply)

How Ernest Asuzu Got Healed And What He Got After! / Isis Bans Football Referees In Syria / Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.