Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? (519 Views)

Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by Towncrier007(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2016
Just pondering the character of Jesus while He was on earth, if he was cool or radical, over to bible scholars
Re: Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by chachanga: 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2016
Radical from all the anteedents

He advocated, by life applications, a paradigm shift that simply bewildered the sociocultural and religious institution of his day!

He demonstrated a power, which even though was not hitherto unseen before, but in a very living, active and personal way that was never before encountered.

That gave Him all the more credibility with his viewers and audience because each time he demonstrated such powers, it was directed at ceasing some human malady or the other, solving some human condition or another and making his society's experience of the human condition better. And he did it all bloodlessly, without jeopardizing any one's welfare in the process or pissing anymore than the parochially unreasonable bigots of their then society.

Is He any less because he never lifted a sword, dispossessed any one of their hard-worn possessions or conquered physical kingdoms in the process? I think not.

If He were not who He was, but just a teacher, life-coach or leader, I would still have believed in His leadership style anyway!

And as surely as I know this type of topic no dey make FP, I affirm that His type of radicalism is what the world needs today for world peace, progress, love aNd long-term survival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by ifenes(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jesus is a combination of characters. The person"Jesus" did not actually exist.The first written word was that which was put down some 80 years after it was "claimed" his existence. The name Jesus was chosen hundreds of years after by the Council of Nicea

For the sake of having control on people in the future the later life of Mandela combined with Dr Martin Luther King and Gandhi can be combined to make a PERFECT HUMAN to appease the leadership needs of humans.

The Jesus in the bible had conflicting characters. One destroyed the market in the temple and at the same time preached peace and love your neighbors to the point that he said turn the other cheek. The same one who was said to have come to die for the sins of the world also claimed he came with a sword and only for the house of Israel. The list goes on

1 Like

Re: Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by Towncrier007(m): 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2016
ifenes:
Jesus is a combination of characters. The person"Jesus" did not actually exist.The first written word was that which was put down some 80 years after it was "claimed" his existence. The name Jesus was chosen hundreds of years after by the Council of Nicea

For the sake of having control on people in the future the later life of Mandela combined with Dr Martin Luther King and Gandhi can be combined to make a PERFECT HUMAN to appease the leadership needs of humans.

The Jesus in the bible had conflicting characters. One destroyed the market in the temple and at the same time preached peace and love your neighbors to the point that he said turn the other cheek. The same one who was said to have come to die for the sins of the world also claimed he came with a sword and only for the house of Israel. The list goes on
I perceive atheistic view here...haha pls stop hating my Jesus, because He doesn't send u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by ifenes(m): 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2016
Towncrier007:

I perceive atheistic view here...haha pls stop hating my Jesus, because He doesn't send u

You asked for a Bible scholar didn't you?

3 Likes

Re: Character Of Jesus While On Earth, Gentle Or Radical? by adjoviomole(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Just read the bible and get ur answers der.

What will you call someone that said:

" Love your neighbor as yourself"

"Pray for your enemies and those who persecute you"

"Someone whom a woman who was caught in the act of adultery was brought to, and according to the law of moses, she was to be stoned to death but Jesus told the ppl who brought her that anyone amongst them who have never committed any sin should stone her 1st, they all left in shame because of guilt and Jesus told the woman to go and sin no more"

" He said when you are slapped on ur right cheek u shld turn ur other cheek" that is when someone hurts u do not retaliate but walk away to avoid violence.

So @ OP what will you call such a person? Radical or gentle?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jwfacts- Is The Watchtower The Truth? / There Is Room For Repentance! See Who Is Wishing Us All, A Happy Sunday. / ‘god Fights For Christians But Other Religions Fight For Their Gods’ – Apostle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.