Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading (1927 Views)

10 Ankara Styles You Need About Just 1 Yard Of Ankara Fabric To Sew / 9 ways I Prevented My Ankara Clothes From Fading Quickly / 6 Best Ways To Keep Your Ankara From Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading by dharmielol(f): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
For a long time, I hardly wear my Ankara fabric simply because anytime I wear it, I wash it immediately and by the time I pick it up to wear again, it has faded. Now that Ankara is trending, I just have to look for a way to care for it and I did. I’m happy about it and have decided to share it with you guys. Relax, read and learn

Ankara has been the latest trending wear/design now, it has become very popular in recent years. it is now being worn by celebrities worldwide making it even more popular and appreciated. Ankara fabric are now being used to sew different design you could ever imagine (even suits)

There are different types of Ankara, but the most common one is the Wax.

Ankara being a colourful, lovely and vibrant material needs to be well cared for in order to keep it from fading. Below are the best ways to care for your Ankara

As much as possible, avoid washing your Ankara fabric always unless it’s compulsory. Unnecessary regular washing tends to make it fade away quickly
Avoid using washing machine to wash your fabric as the machine may be too rough for the fabric and if you must, use it just once in a while and adjust it to ‘normal washing’ setting
In the case of stains, it is advisable to always treat only the area that has stain with baking soda, avoid using bleach on your Ankara fabric, they are harsh on the fabric
Avoid using detergents to wash your fabric, rather use a mild soap. Detergents tends to make your fabric fade away because of its harshness on Ankara
And lastly, adding a tablespoon of salt to the water for washing will also help keep the fabric from fading (this is possible because of the chloride content in the salt)
These are just the basic knowledge needed to care for our fabric and to keep them from fading

Damilola Obasa

C.D. Adora’s Place

1 Like

Re: Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading by dharmielol(f): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
for more tips on this visit adorasplace . wordpress . com
Re: Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading by dharmielol(f): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Keeping Your Ankara Fabric From Fading by dharmielol(f): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
...... more

(1) (Reply)

Three Things That Makes A Woman Acceptable / Online/ Shops In Abuja / Abuja Base Model Rocks Crazy Bump Short As She Marks Her Birthday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.