Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays (3533 Views)

11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas / Should "True Christians" Celebrate Birthdays, Christmas / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
Should true Christians celebrate Birthdays? The only birthday celebrations mentioned in the Bible were held by those who did not worship God (Jehovah). If you doubt this pls do Kindly open your Bible and read Genesis 40:20; Mark 6:21. Birthday celebrations were used to honor false gods.

That is why the early Christians considered the celebration of anyone's birth to be a pagan custom.

The ancient Romans and Greeks believed that a spirit would protect the person during his or her life. This spirit had a mystic relation with the god on whose birthday the individual was born,that is why they celebrate it.

As a true christian reading this,you should not celebrate birthdays or even mark it because of its pagan origin.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Harkindeylee(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
why shouldnt we? I need a stronger reason
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by mhisbliss(f): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jehovah's witnesses the op is one, they said since the only two birthday recorded in the bible are done by evil men and evil things are done, its not worthy to be celebrated, Pharaoh's chief baker was excuted on Pharaoh's birthday and John the Baptist killed on Herod's birthday. i am not a witness but i gladly welcome thier evangelists they are very determined, decent, hardworking and i like thier teachings it has scientific and biblical backup always.

1 Like

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by benedictnsi(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
mhisbliss:
Jehovah's witnesses the op is one
lol.....i swear eeh .....doz pipu ideology tire person cheesy
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by mhisbliss(f): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
benedictnsi:

lol.....i swear eeh .....doz pipu ideology tire person cheesy
how they're one of the best when it comes to Christianity am not a witness though i just welcome them

2 Likes

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by benedictnsi(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
mhisbliss:
how they're one of the best when it comes to Christianity am not a witness though i just welcome them

not disputing that ..... But i rather argue with a serious APC fan about this APC led government than argue with a withness over a very simple bible passage grin
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harkindeylee:
why shouldnt we? I need a stronger reason
Don't be confused brethren kindly read Isaiah 65:11,12,then you wil understand better.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Harkindeylee(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
I av read it but me yet to get the point.. Hw is it related to celebrating of birthday...
dachuchi7:
Don't be confused brethren kindly read Isaiah 65:11,12,then you wil understand better.

birthday is a moment to be happy. you came to this world to fulfil the purpose in which God brought u to this world..
Yes.. People celebrate birthday in a way that doesnt please the lord... But we can always stand out... Birthday moment shouldnt be abt merry merry... That day can set aside to help the needy and all.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harkindeylee:
I av read it but me yet to get the point.. Hw is it related to celebrating of birthday...

birthday is a moment to be happy. you came to this world to fulfil the purpose in which God brought u to this world..
Yes.. People celebrate birthday in a way that doesnt please the lord... But we can always stand out... Birthday moment shouldnt be abt merry merry... That day can set aside to help the needy and all.
No brethren,you are getting this all wrong. Where is it recorded in the Bible that Jesus celebrated his birthday or any of his disciples and early apostles. If you truly love God,then abstain from anytin that displease him.

1 Like

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Harkindeylee(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
It doesnt have to be recorded in the bible before we do it... Do you know hw many things are not recorded in the bible and we are doing it
dachuchi7:
No brethren,you are getting this all wrong. Where is it recorded in the Bible that Jesus celebrated his birthday or any of his disciples and early apostles. If you truly love God,then abstain from anytin that displease him.
i still need a prove that celebrating birthday displeases him because i need a personal conviction for that...

I still need an explaination for isaiah 65: 11,12
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harkindeylee:
It doesnt have to be recorded in the bible before we do it... Do you know hw many things are not recorded in the bible and we are doing it i still need a prove that celebrating birthday displeases him because i need a personal conviction for that...

What is there to explain to you again,the bible is there to open your eyes but the problem is that you don't read it. That verse is trying to let you know that doing things not approved by Jehovah is displeasing him. The scripture states clearly that you should not lie,but yet people invent lies to cover up their tracks. Brethren if you seek the truth it shall set you free.

1 Like

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harkindeylee:
It doesnt have to be recorded in the bible before we do it... Do you know hw many things are not recorded in the bible and we are doing it i still need a prove that celebrating birthday displeases him because i need a personal conviction for that...

Jesus christ did not celebrate his birthday neither was his disciples so why should we do that. Birthday celebration is tied to pagan worship.

1 Like

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by mhisbliss(f): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
benedictnsi:

not disputing that ..... But i rather argue with a serious APC fan about this APC led government than argue with a withness over a very simple bible passage grin
lol why do people hate j witnesses so much i don't just get it
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Harkindeylee(m): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Yeah Jesus didnt celebrate his birthday but you there are also many things Jesus didnt do that we are doing in this modern time.. Are we also gonna call that a sin....
dachuchi7:
Jesus christ did not celebrate his birthday neither was his disciples so why should we do that. Birthday celebration is tied to pagan worship.
celebrating ur birthday as far as it is nt against the will of God is nt a sin.. God bless...
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
mhisbliss:
lol why do people hate j witnesses so much i don't just get it
They hate them because they stand for the truth and you know what? The truth hurts but Jesus said seek the truth and it shall set you free.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by mhisbliss(f): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
dachuchi7:
They hate them because they stand for the truth and you know what? The truth hurts but Jesus said seek the truth and it shall set you free.
hmm its not fair though
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
dachuchi7:
Should true Christians celebrate Birthdays? The only birthday celebrations mentioned in the Bible were held by those who did not worship God (Jehovah). If you doubt this pls do Kindly open your Bible and read Genesis 40:20; Mark 6:21. Birthday celebrations were used to honor false gods.

That is why the early Christians considered the celebration of anyone's birth to be a pagan custom.

The ancient Romans and Greeks believed that a spirit would protect the person during his or her life. This spirit had a mystic relation with the god on whose birthday the individual was born,that is why they celebrate it.

As a true christian reading this,you should not celebrate birthdays or even mark it because of its pagan origin.

Didn't the angels celebrate jesus birth? Go and read Romans 14, then you will see that if you have a weak faith as seeing the day as unimportant, then others have a stronger faith as seeing it as important. They all stand before their own masters, not you and so, you shouldn't use your weak conscience to condemn those with stronger conscience.

And mind you, the computer and the Internet was born primary in time of war and because of war, but the Watchtower organisation uses it so proudly without remembering it's origin.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
rottennaija:

Didn't the angels celebrate jesus birth? Go and read Romans 14, then you will see that if you have a weak faith as seeing the day as unimportant, then others have a stronger faith as seeing it as important. They all stand before their own masters, not you and so, you shouldn't use your weak conscience to condemn those with stronger conscience.

And mind you, the computer and the Internet was born primary in time of war and because of war, but the Watchtower organisation uses it so proudly without remembering it's origin.
Lame points,internet was not a pagan stuff ok.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
dachuchi7:

Is Romans 14 also lame point? I'm sure you haven't read it. Angels celebrating christ birth also lame?

If you know the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation very well, you will know that being part of red cross society is strictly off limit to witnesses, even though red cross render valuable assistance, reason? Because it was born out of war. What difference exist between the two? Both were born out of war.

And what does war tell you about Christian neutrality?So, again, is war christlike?

Yet, because it doesn't fit your ideas, the points are lame.

Anyways, I don't blame you! It's just indoctrination and I use to think that way, untill I started paying a careful attention to the Bible message.

Take my advice, start reading the Bible and make a careful research into each point, not just rushing to the Watchtower library for explanations. You will be surprised of how much you will learn and how ignorant and dogmatic you were.

1 Like

Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
rottennaija:

Is Romans 14 also lame point? I'm sure you haven't read it. Angels celebrating christ birth also lame?

If you know the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation very well, you will know that being part of red cross society is strictly off limit to witnesses, even though red cross render valuable assistance, reason? Because it was born out of war. What difference exist between the two? Both were born out of war.

And what does war tell you about Christian neutrality?So, again, is war christlike?

Yet, because it doesn't fit your ideas, the points are lame.

Anyways, I don't blame you! It's just indoctrination and I use to think that way, untill I started paying a careful attention to the Bible message.

Take my advice, start reading the Bible and make a careful research into each point, not just rushing to the Watchtower library for explanations. You will be surprised of how much you will learn and how ignorant and dogmatic you were.
I won't join issues with you. Just read the scripture in james 1,to the end and u wil surprise how religiously shallow you are.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by HCpaul(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
This should be more of a personality conviction and not religion perceptions. The attempt to celebrate birthday solely depends on individual genetic traits and temperamental conditions.
I as an introvert doesn't get enticed by anything related to celebration or religious consecration while some people derive undisposable joy and happiness.

Like I use to say; "We are human and our definition correlates with our choices, happiness and pleasure".

Once what makes you happy doesn't cause tears on the face of another person, you are good to go.

Celebrating birthday 'and infact anything' is good because even God celebrated his creative prowess by resting on the 7th day.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by HCpaul(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
dachuchi7:

But the guy is right cuz the computer emergence all began at the time of war and the internet been a project held by the America defense group.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
dachuchi7:
I won't join issues with you. Just read the scripture in james 1,to the end and u wil surprise how religiously shallow you are.

So at the end, it boils down to religion, not Bible or God's message. Shaa...it has always been so, religion, uniformity in worship and practice not really a biblical stand(though Jws make it sound like it is).

I should ask God for wisdom, James 1:5,6 I pray daily for it and I wish you do the same. Then, maybe then, you will realise how ignorant you have been in relation to the Bible's message and conscience. Of course, you are not ignorant religiously, but biblically and it's message, very very.

But just a quick question, with your deep religious knowledge, (not biblical knowledge), since most Jws celebrated birthdays, Christmas and even worship Jesus(idolatry according to current teachings), will the like of JF Rutherford, CT Russel and many others that die before 1950 enter God's Kingdom?
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Peacefullove: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Op, hmm well I think there is a place in the Bible that state clearly that the day of death is better than the day of birth . with this mentality , Am not surprised that there isn't one single reference to Jesus or his apostles celebrating their birthdays . am sure he has more important things to focus on .
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2016
HCpaul:

But the guy is right cuz the computer emergence all began at the time of war and the internet been a project held by the America defense group.
I am not disputing whether he is right or not but what i am saying is that the points he is using to defend the celebration of birthday are lame points. Where in the bible did it state Jesus view birthdays as important!
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2016
rottennaija:

So at the end, it boils down to religion, not Bible or God's message. Shaa...it has always been so, religion, uniformity in worship and practice not really a biblical stand(though Jws make it sound like it is).

I should ask God for wisdom, James 1:5,6 I pray daily for it and I wish you do the same. Then, maybe then, you will realise how ignorant you have been in relation to the Bible's message and conscience. Of course, you are not ignorant religiously, but biblically and it's message, very very.

But just a quick question, with your deep religious knowledge, (not biblical knowledge), since most Jws celebrated birthdays, Christmas and even worship Jesus(idolatry according to current teachings), will the like of JF Rutherford, CT Russel and many others that die before 1950 enter God's Kingdom?
Don't deceive yourself, all this folks you mentioned are not living now. What matters is how you live your life and serve Jehovah. You are mentioning the Red cross,what about the Red crescent.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2016
Peacefullove:
Op, hmm well I think there is a place in the Bible that state clearly that the day of death is better than the day of birth . with this mentality , Am not surprised that there isn't one single reference to Jesus or his apostles celebrating their birthdays . am sure he has more important things to focus on .
Yeah in Ecclesiasties and even in proverbs. The bible clearly states that it is better to been in a home of mourning than in the home of celebration. What the verse is stating is that it is better to think more about the day you die than the day you were born,because what matters is how you live your life when you re still alive. What people remember most is your death and not your birth.
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by frubben(m): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2016
dachuchi7:

Na Christian stuff abi?? So because jesus not use car or plane does that mean its bad
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 10:25am On Aug 13, 2016
dachuchi7:
Don't deceive yourself, all this folks you mentioned are not living now. What matters is how you live your life and serve Jehovah. You are mentioning the Red cross,what about the Red crescent.

So, if those mentioned commited immorality, it wouldn't matter now? ABI? If an Jws celebrate birthdays today, will such not be disfellowship? And by disfellowship, does it not mean that they will not enter God's Kingdom?

The way witnesses dodges questions when it hooks them doesn't baffle me. Because that is exactly how the Watchtower societies dodges them when it equally hooks them.

Anyways, I'm not surprised, I was only showing you how religiously shallow you are, you don't even know your history and the Watchtower society or governing body isn't helping you at all.

At the same time, you still have a serious question to answer, not just for your sake, but for the sake of those whom to chosed to "enlightened' when you open this thread.

The question is very simple

Since celebrating Christmas, birthday is paganism, that means they will not enter God Kingdom. Since worship of jesus is idolatry, that means they will not enter God's Kingdom. Will the likes of Russel(founder of Jws), Rutherford, and so many other witnesses in their hundreds of thousands that die before 1950 enter God's Kingdom?
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by rottennaija(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2016
dachuchi7:
I am not disputing whether he is right or not but what i am saying is that the points he is using to defend the celebration of birthday are lame points. Where in the bible did it state Jesus view birthdays as important!

But upon his birth, the angels celebrated it and even declared it as glad tidies?

Or maybe you don't even know what you are trying to defend. You used the argument of origin to defend you point, or did you forget?

The words of Mt 12:7 is specially applicable to witnesses today.
It says: "However, if you had understood what this means, ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless ones."

Witnesses condemn what they shouldn't condemn. Simply
Re: True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays by HCpaul(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
dachuchi7:

You are right cuz am not even an advocate of birthday celebrations but I also do not consider it bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev Fr Edeh Allegedly Refuses To Pay Men Who Worked For Him, Chains Them (pics) / Are We Really Worshiping God In Nigeria? / Where Did Cain Get His Wife From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.