Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark (47915 Views)

#WorldCup: Peru Female Supporters Flashing Boobs At The Game Against Denmark / RIO2016: FIFA Cancels Mikel's Yellow Card And Two Others Against Denmark / Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by ckmayoca: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
The coach of Nigeria’s Olympic football squad, Samson Siasia, said on Friday that he will support players boycotting Saturday’s football quarter-final against Denmark over unpaid allowances.

“We have only been paid allowances for 11 days. There is no match bonus. What about all the months we have been training in Nigeria and Atlanta? That’s not fair,” Siasia told Nigerian radio.

Nigeria have been embroiled in one crisis after another during the Rio Games.

They were stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta before flying to Brazil, and then the players had to beg Siasia not to quit after a win over Sweden.
“We have been disrespected from all angles – by the the sports ministry, the Nigeria Football Federation. Is that how you will treat your own children? We are not street kids,” Siasia said, adding that he had not received his salary “for the past five months”.

“Everything is upside down and the boys don’t want to play anymore. Whatever they want to do, I’m with them. They are right for fighting for their rights.

“I cannot do more than what I have done to get this team up to this level. I have done my best and now I am tired.”

http://m.guardian.ng/sport/siasia-backs-dream-team-quarter-final-boycott/

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by hucienda: 5:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
We have only been paid allowances for 11 days. There is no match bonus. What about all the months we have been training in Nigeria and Atlanta? That’s not fair,” Siasia told Nigerian radio.

Nigeria have been embroiled in one crisis after another during the Rio Games.

They were stranded for several days at their training base in Atlanta before flying to Brazil, and then the players had to beg Siasia not to quit after a win over Sweden.
We have been disrespected from all angles – by the the sports ministry, the Nigeria Football Federation. Is that how you will treat your own children? We are not street kids,” Siasia said, adding that he had not received his salary “for the past five months”.

Everything is upside down and the boys don’t want to play anymore. Whatever they want to do, I’m with them. They are right for fighting for their rights.

“I cannot do more than what I have done to get this team up to this level. I have done my best and now I am tired.”

To think it took the President a whooping SIX MONTHS! to find and select this sort of Sports Minister!

Daily news just keeps getting beyond pathetic by the day ... smh.

Anywhere you turn in-country same story. The state of most things are simply a mess - thanks to confused, incompetent leadership.

Anyway, Lalasticlala. Duty calls.

278 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Harrisee(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
I thought they are patriotic. Naija

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Harrisee(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
I thought they are patriotic. Naija which way
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by ouzo1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Them sabi do budget padding bt them no fit pad olympics budget shey

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Harrisee(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
I thought they are very patriotic. I forgot they are still Nigerians
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Kayode1979: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
A P C one chance

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Chigold101(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
I remember GEJ will always speak to encourage the players.

I remember GEJ will always give the coaches personal support during competetions.

I remember so many things GEJ did to encuorage our football teams.

I wonder why change agent Buhari is this wicked.

If they are his children wnt he give them their allwances.

I miss GEJ

607 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by OGreat20(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Change everywhere u turn to this day

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by auxyn1: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
Very thing has changed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
Boycott the match and come back home abeg..What's with the threat every time, u got 11days allowance 3days ago, now na match bonus, after 2moro's match anoda complain...

31 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by veekid(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Boycott the match and Rio too

4 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Howmon: 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sports minister and NFF should get their acts together. This is unfair to these people. This is what happen when visionless and archaic leaders lead a nation.

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by handysuzy(f): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
I support you

25 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by passionate88: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari has finished Nigeria. Let me see how omenka sweetlemon ngeneukwenu passingshot demdem and the rest will rope Jonathan into this

140 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by ChappyChase: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
Make una go ahead....

Harrisee:
I thought they are patriotic. Naija which way
Person wey dey patriotic to ISIS get hope pass any fool wey dey patriotic to this sham of a country!!!!!!!!
If I be those guys I go sell my next match!

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Jloveme(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
4years don almost reach.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by CHOPUP411(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where is minister of United state of Nigeria

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by EmekaBlue(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dem know say dem dey comot for Brazil hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by mazizitonene(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
wetin that yeye minister dey talk sef

anyway, denmark to win currently @ 6 oddds.....you know what to do....wink Thank me later cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by NOBODYY: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
They should take the next plane home please

1 Like

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by lollmaolol(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
passionate88:
Buhari has finished Nigeria. Let me see how omenka sweetlemon ngeneukwenu passingshot demdem and the rest will rope Jonathan into this
veekid:
Boycott the match and Rio too

Don't come home without Gold, I can see why you are sad. 5 months salary no be beans. FG hope u're reading this thread.

8 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by ebby9z(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
I see comments here criticizing the level of the players' patriotism and i wonder what people commenting have ever done for Nigeria.
For crying out loud, these players and other athletes have been fending for themselves while our politicians pad budgets, use fleet of jets and buy jeeps from the national treasury without adding any value to the country. These boys are flying our flag and whatever happens there reflects on peoples perception of the country. Its little wonder we are treated poorly out there cos we dont even present ourselves honourably in the international community

149 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by passionate88: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
ouzo1:
Them sabi do budget padding bt them no fit pad olympics budget shey
presidiot buhari said there's nothing like budget padding

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Kaybee14(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
This is very worrisome. Yet, our leaders knew how to divert public fund for their own selfish interest but they can't divert public fund to bring glory to our fatherland.

Well, may the labour of our heroes past never go in vain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by safarigirl(f): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:
I thought they are very patriotic. I forgot they are still Nigerians
to hell with patriotism. Why can't your leaders collecting 300 million Naira per sitting be patriotic and pay people who actually earn their pay?

Who patriotism epp? You no see wetin do Keshi, Yekini and Amodu? See men that worked hard without pay and your useless government couldn't even give them befitting burials
. Some of these guys have family members to feed. Forget Mikel that is making millions, most of these players are playing in small leagues and NPFL, they haven't gotten good money in months cuz of the Olympics, but if na to insult them, una go ready

Phuck Patriotism abeg, get your money or you crash out of Rio.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by gerrardomendes(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Realmadrid- Bale Benzema C.Ronaldo (BBC)
Barcelona- Messi Suarez Neymar (MSN)
Man U Rooney Ibrahimovic Pogba (RIP)
Arsenal- Giroud Ozil Alexchamberlain Theo-walcott Sanchez (GOATS)..

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Badboiz(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Make una no play, government eye go clear. Will be an international embarrassment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by bentlywills(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Denmark Odd to win that game is 6.00

Pls don't boycott it,Just lose d match.
Am betting a lot on Denmark

Thanks in anticipation, kiss lipsrsealed wink

30 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Fidelismaria: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Boycott am jare
Who get light dey watch Olympics
I neva see light for 3dys now

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Onazi Ogenyi Pounding Yam For His Mother (photos) / 2012 African Nations Cup Qualifier Nigeria Vs Madagascar (2 : 0) / Romelu Lukaku Signs 5-Year Contract With Chelsea (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.