Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,376 members, 7,843,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Better Inter State/city Bus Travel Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Better Inter State/city Bus Travel Experience. (420 Views)

Stop-over Restaurants Along Inter-state Expressways: 10 Things You Would Observe / Share Your Best/worst Travel Experience With Different Airlines / My South Korea Travel Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Better Inter State/city Bus Travel Experience. by stressfultrips: 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Recently, A friend and I had to travel to port-harcourt from ogbomoso. For both of us, it's our first time and it wasn't easy finding a travel agency(we found only T.G.M) and purchasing our ticket even online(e-ticket search from existing players return nothing).

Even worse, we were on the road for about 9 hours and our smart phones were down about 5 hours into our trip. I really can't tell explain how bored we were for the remaining 4 hours. On getting to port-harcourt, all we had was the address of our destination, we didn't know how to get their.Fortunately, my small nokia phone was still on, and we were able to get direction to our destination from our contact.

Though on our way back home, it wasn't as hard to find an agency in port-harcourt compared to ogbomoso, we realized it could have been easier and the trip wasn't as boring for we know better to manage our phone's battery.

Based on our experience, we've been thinking of working on a solution for a better travelling experience. How to make ticket purchase easier inter-state bus and train trip, how to make the in-vehicle experience much more engaging(even with dead phone battery) and how to find your way around a city(which&where to board a bus/bike/marwa/cab and price).

We noticed we were not alone and travellers do have this problems, a quick search on nairaland will fetch you some thread on how to travel from one state/city to another(by bus/train) and finding your way around a state/city.

If such solution exists(to make inter-state bus/train trip ticket purchase easier, make in-vehicle experience much better, and make finding your way around a city easier), will you use it?( why or why not) Do you think it will work? what will you like to see and how will you like to see it work?

Your opinion is highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

First Self-driving Taxi Hits The Streets Of Singapore / Annular Eclipse: Space Agency Advises Nigerians Not To Panic Today / Canada Study Permit Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.