Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,847 members, 7,956,174 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:54 AM

Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? (491 Views)

See How Brazil Uses Yoruba Culture To Sell Tourism / How Brazil Uses Yoruba Culture To Sell Tourism - A Must Read / Stuart Symington In Traditional Attire To Visit Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? by Hersheys94: 2:12am On Aug 13, 2016
I know that one should see a spiritual father to pray upon a relationship and possible Union, but is it common to see a prophet that tells you whether that person is spiritually compatible with you in the future and tell you which man or women to choose? I am a 22 year old college student. My mother is trying to hook me up with a son of her friend (Nigerian) that is in Europe, we are in the US. She showed me a pic of him, though I didn't find him attractive, I decided to give him a chance. He actually called me and turned out nice. But I am also talking to another guy who is African American (which she didn't like). She didn't bring up this Nigerian guy until I told her about the AA. So now she told me that she contacted the prophets in Nigeria and they said me and this Nigerian guy (the one she is hooking me up with) have a bright future together and that the other guy is not good for the future. She told me to drop the other guy and focus on the Nigerian one. This really hurt me since I have grown to like the AA and know I will find it hard to drop him. It also seemed a bit silly for me to drop him, the one I knew, for the one in Europe that I do not know at all. I'm thinking that since I am no where near marriage yet, I should date more with the AA to get to know him more to see if he is right for me myself but still be friends with the one in Europe to keep my options open. Word of advice please? Do Nigerian parents contact these prophets for marriage all the time? Or is it just my parents? Thanks
Re: Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? by EyeofHorus: 2:26am On Aug 13, 2016
It's a religious scam. Follow your heart or you'll live to regret it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? by Godfullsam(m): 3:53am On Aug 13, 2016
Most parents in Nigeria, especially mothers usually visit prophets to find out if a particular guy/lady is good for their child.

Even young ladies/guys go to pastors/prophets for the same reasons...

I will advice you to follow your heart, do not allow any prophet to hook you up with a fraudstar, yahooboy or drug pusher.
Re: Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? by duduade: 4:15am On Aug 13, 2016
Hnmnnn it swings both ways.
Re: Is It Nigerian Culture To Visit A Christian Prophet When For Marriage? by omonla10(m): 7:29am On Aug 13, 2016
Most times, the so called Prophet work on people's psychology and don't hear from God.. U just need to pray for God's favour in ur heart's choice.. God doesn't tamper with our freewill

(1) (Reply)

African Wide Boycott And Economic Infrastructure Building / The Collective Intelligence By Tamedwolf90 / There Has Been An Increase In The Application Of The Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.