Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel (3151 Views)

My Ugly Experience With Yudala Store Ikeja / My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com / Solution To The Terrible Late Night Heat Is Here: Get Your Rechargeable Mist Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2016
This thread is for people that will have future dealings with this guy. 

I bought a Dell Latitude 4310 for 58k yesterday.

I went to his oregun residence to get the laptop. Met the laptop dead. Powered it on and began testing the keyboards and the most I could test. Before the battery could be fully charged.  

I got home and realized that the battery does not charge above 49%. This broke my heart. 

I approached mikkyangel on whatsapp and told him about the issue. And his line of argument was...

‎"Bro....TEST UR ITEMS PROPERLY B4 LEAVING,THESE ARE USED ITEMS AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT COME WITH FAULT NOT KNOWN TO D NAKED EYES..   !"

The question I raised to him was... 

"How do you test a battery that doesn't go past a certain percentage?" 

And he hasn't given me a reasonable response only to give me that computer village boy crap that "I tested it before I left so it's my business"

The only way I would have known the battery was faulty was if I waited in his house till it was fully charged... so no amount of "testing" would figure that out.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by nymphomaniac(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2016
Sigh...Audi Alteram Patem...let's hear the other side before passing judgement
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2016
I believe mikkyangel knew about this issue and hid it that's why the laptop was dead when I came and he plugged it so it looked like it was charging while I tested other things.. thereby distracting me from the real issue. 

I also feel. The laptop was a hard sell that's why it hadn't been scooped up by the fast buyers on nairaland and the ONLY way he could sell it is buy arguing like street tout.. to force me into accepting it.  

I will not argue on this thread... this is just a heads up for those who might consider using this man who has tendencies of a shady trader at a local market.. 

Some Nigerians actually prefer doing business with other shady Nigerians... other Nigerians are careful about who they deal with.. (this is a heads up to them)

I could easily buy a 58k laptop without issues from anywhere else.. but sought to deal with this guy and got what I'm getting.. 

He has given me an option to buy another battery and he will ship it for free but I'm vexed that he kept silent on the issue so it will end with me being forced to get another battery (which I've heard might not fix the problem) ‎
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2016
nymphomaniac:

Abi.. but I won't be here to exchange posts...there are screen shots to show our chats as to how a simple requests escalated.... I've laid down my review on a bad business it's left for those who have ears use it.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by uboma(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2016
dowjones:

I went to his oregun residence to get the laptop. Met the laptop dead. Powered it on and began testing the keyboards and the most I could test. Before the battery could be fully charged.  

I got home and realized that the battery does not charge above 49%. This broke my heart. 

I approached mikkyangel on whatsapp and told him about the issue. And his line of argument was...

‎"Bro....TEST UR ITEMS PROPERLY B4 LEAVING,THESE ARE USED ITEMS AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT COME WITH FAULT NOT KNOWN TO D NAKED EYES..   !"

And he hasn't given me a reasonable response only to give me that computer village boy crap that "I tested it before I left so it's my business"

The only way I would have known the battery was faulty was if I waited in his house till it was fully charged... so no amount of "testing" would figure that out.  

Another transaction with Mikkyangel gone sour.

Let's have your own version @ mikkyangel.

@ Dominique, your attention is needed here...
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by gidjah(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2016
Guys let's learn to protect our names while doing business pls, a good name is far beter than silver or gold. All this black mentality and cheating syndromes would never take us far

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Phonefanatic: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2016
That's one thing buying items from locals most are never sincere they rather find a way to sweet talk just to get money off you. I've sold a few items on here and at every sale you must have to give a buyer every detail of faults.

Funny thing is when they buy items from overseas they are properly briefed on the faults yet they will buy with intentions of finding one mugu.

Mikkyangel come clarify yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 11:03am On Aug 13, 2016
Phonefanatic:
That's one thing buying items from locals most are never sincere they rather find a way to sweet talk just to get money off you. I've sold a few items on here and at every sale you must have to give a buyer every detail of faults.

Funny thing is when they buy items from overseas they are properly briefed on the faults yet they will buy with intentions of finding one mugu.

Mikkyangel come clarify yourself.

I've sold macbooks here.. and my thoroughness in elaborating the faults (if there are any) guarantees repeat sales...my merchandise doesn't even go online before they are sold..

I avoid computer village and alaba because of this attitude (although there a few surprisingly sincere traders there).

The goal is to collect your money and frustrate you till you accept your fate and they pray to "god" for more customers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Phonefanatic: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2016
dowjones:

I've sold macbooks here.. and my thoroughness in elaborating the faults (if there are any) guarantees repeat sales...my merchandise doesn't even go online before they are sold..

I avoid computer village and alaba because of this attitude (although there a few surprisingly sincere traders there).

The goal is to collect your money and frustrate you till you accept your fate and they pray to "god" for more customers

On 2 different occasions I've made purchase from those dubious sellers and they normally try to frustrate me luckily they have shops so what I did was to sit by door of their shop then discourage any customer that comes in grin cheesy I noticed how effective this was cos it doesn't take beyond 20mins to get your money back.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2016
Phonefanatic:

On 2 different occasions I've made purchase from those dubious sellers and they normally try to frustrate me luckily they have shops so what I did was to sit by door of their shop then discourage any customer that comes in grin cheesy I noticed how effective this was cos it doesn't take beyond 20mins to get your money back.

Lol.. you have time but its risky move in a marketplace. esp in Lagos

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Confirmer(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2016
Sorry about your laptop OP. Mikkyangel on his own part clearly stated a "CAVEAT" on his thread and that he won't be liable for any faults. Even though your battery problem is unforeseable, I honestly don't think he is liable cos terms and conditions are clearly stated.
You both should reach an amicable settlement.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Topleague(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2016
Confirmer:
Sorry about your laptop OP. Mikkyangel on his own part clearly stated a "CAVEAT" on his thread and that he won't be liable for any faults. Even though your battery problem is unforeseable, I honestly don't think he is liable cos terms and conditions are clearly stated.

are you kidding me, saying he wont be liable for selling a defective items, he should have said he is selling a salvage products and people would have stay away. I have bought few item from him without any problem but on this one he need to replace the battery. my two cents.

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by thegame(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2016
nymphomaniac:

I think the issue is well laid out. Mikky knew about it and deliberately cheated poster. And his response was also a clear indicator that he knew of the issue. If poster had not contacted him same day, he might have said it was poster or even poster's home electricity that destroyed charging.

I dont understand why it is so hard to be honest in this country. You are systematically affecting honest people's businesses.

How on earth will u say something as sillyy as test before you leave, any fault outside the shop is no longer seller's concern?

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Confirmer(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Topleague:

are you kidding me, saying he wont be liable for selling a defective items, he should have said he is selling a salvage products and people would have stay away. I have bought few item from him without any problem but on this one he need to replace the battery. my two cents.
I'm stating the law as it is. Please you should read the proviso/caveat he stated in his thread (just re-read it now), Mikky never said the goods are PERFECT! Savaged or not is not even an issue here because the terms and conditions are expressly stated. He (mikkyangel) absolved himself of any liablity arising from Sales of goods with that Caveat.
Nonetheless, I think they should reach an amicable settlement.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by vitality22(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Confirmer:
Please, can you spare us from this your logic. He sold a defective product to a buyer and he should be responsible for replacing it, in as much as the buyer consulted him almost immediately.
However, we await the response of mikkyangel
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
Confirmer:

I'm stating the law as it is. Please you should read the proviso/caveat he stated in his thread (just re-read it now), Mikky never said the goods are PERFECT! Savaged or not is not even an issue here because the terms and conditions are expressly stated. He (mikkyangel) absolved himself of any liablity arising from Sales of goods with that Caveat.

Lol.. typical naija response. remember i stated that the BATTERY WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL AND HE SWITCHED ON HIS GEN TO POWER IT WHILE I WAS TESTING IT... giving me no fair chance to observe the battery's defect.

It was a careful ploy to hide the battery's fault because if it was stuck at 49% i would have noticed it wasn't charging.

I try not to argue with the likes of people like you. its like arguing in a marketplace.

For settling amicably, i am already making my moves on solving my issues and my macbook will arrive in 2 weeks so i can manage.

But this is a heads up to people who dont like trouble.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Confirmer(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
dowjones:

Lol.. typical naija response. remember i stated that the BATTERY WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL AND HE SWITCHED ON HIS GEN TO POWER IT WHILE I WAS TESTING IT... giving me no fair chance to observe the battery's defect.

It was a careful ploy to hide the battery's fault because if it was stuck at 49% i would have noticed it wasn't charging.

I try not to argue with the likes of people like you. its like arguing in a marketplace.

For settling amicably, i am already making my moves on solving my issues and my macbook will arrive in 2 weeks so i can manage.

But this is a heads up to people who dont like trouble.
My apologies.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by thegame(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
Confirmer:

My apologies.

Best response.

Please don't heat up the emotions of an already dissatisfied customer.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by femadesh(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by kode12: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
I've had a previous deal with this mikkyangel guy,while the deal went well I must say that guy has some crappy way of dealing with clients. He really needs to improve on that.

7 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Wagasigiungu(m): 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
No b today. You ain't d only one bro. Hard luck. How can some ppl justify such actions. Even if there was a caveat, the seller should have explicitly stated the defects the goods have. What if d buyer is a total greenhorn and knows very little abt PC. Some folks still act based on trust u know. He could hv put his trust in d seller thinking he wouldn't be deceived only to realize the inevitable has happened. Such actions only erode d little trust and respect we have for each other and should therefore be out rightly discourage. Times are hard and 58k no be moi-moi money o.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by ibawon(m): 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
I left a quote on his theard wanting to buy a laptop around that price range, but as it is I think I'd have to find another Seller

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Lexusgs430: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
dowjones:

Have you gone into the battery settings to turn off all toggles?
Dell's battery management might have been set, not to exceed the said percentage.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Batteries by default are consumable items. And once it's not new, the battery polarity cannot be known (unless thorough tests are carried out).
If the mechanics of the laptop works as expected, and the problem is the battery. Try to toggle all battery management settings.
I am 100% sure the toggles has been set by the previous user.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 5:59am On Aug 14, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Have you gone into the battery settings to turn off all toggles?
Dell's battery management might have been set, not to exceed the said percentage.

The original dell management suite isn't installed.. but I will reconsider doing that.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Lexusgs430: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2016
dowjones:

The original dell management suite isn't installed.. but I will reconsider doing that.

I hope it cures the batteries partial charging position.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Lexusgs430: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2016
dowjones:

Right click the power manager and open has the pictures dictate and tweak

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by xtremeidea(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2016
Confirmer:

Well stated. he stated it clearly on his thread that he cannot attest to the state of the items and that everyone should test well before leaving.

@poster am sorry for your pain but on this one, u guys will have to just look for a way to settle amicably.

Cheers. One Nigeria!

On this note, I believe Nairaland should have a court/arbitration section. smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2016
xtremeidea:

Well stated. he stated it clearly on his thread that he cannot attest to the state of the items and that everyone should test well before leaving.

@poster am sorry for your pain but on this one, u guys will have to just look for a way to settle amicably.

Cheers. One Nigeria!

On this note, I believe Nairaland should have a court/arbitration section. smiley smiley smiley

Even Buhari is struggling to have a special court. Is it Seun that would fund the nairaland court system from his billions?
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by mikkyangel(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Confirmer:

Bros, thanks for positive thinking, i have sold over 500 laptops on nairaland, and from my experience, things like these will always come up, this is one reason i put the Caveat there. One cannot expect me to test over 30 laptops i was bringing from yanky.(as in test am fully, sit down dey look all them, before i package them to ship, "i no get work", and even if they are tested fully, how do i know if battery will last 35mins?)..

*On my pre-order thread, when clients ship items to my adress in yanky,its usually "a 2 to 5 minute video presentation/ testing run", i then send to them d vid clip., Haba!, this is a used item, if this client(dowjones), was not satisfied with what he saw, he would have walked away. (nobody dey force am to pay, and he didnot wire cash to my account, he brought cash with him to confirm weda d lappy mk sence).

*IF from the thread(2016 mid yr deals), if 98% of clients who picked up them items are satified, then i think i tried."THESE ARE USED ITEMS", thank God, some of you who do craiglist even know how oyinbo dey lie!

*For the 1st time in all my years of sales deals,i introduced d idea of selling used laptops with New Batteries?(i did all these to add swag to my sales even though profit will be reduced in dis erra of exchange rate wahala), those laptops i sold on the sales thread with new batteries, seller sold these laptops to me either with dead batteries or batteries that will work for 15mins after taking a full charge.Some didnot even take any charge..

*Downjones, next time wen u wanna complian about an item some one sold to u, pls come with proof(screen shorts) of our converstion(because i bliv i was fair in dealing with u)
-1st you complained about the charger, (which may be issue with the laptop), i apologized and told u,and told u, find time to bring it back, i have atlist 3 more dell chargers in my store .

*Then next ,u now changed to d direction of battery, that i should buy a new battery for you. is it because i attached new bateries to other laptops? I told u No!, if u need new battery, buy it urself online(i will gladly ship to you free of charge from yanky)

*Finally , u came with the Idea of refund...and i told u, laptop was working fine when we tested it(na me and u test am together)..u had more than enough time to test it(even with Generating set on, yes, we put the genetor On for over 1.5hrs for u to test)..U tested it for aproximatelty 15 to 20mins, u then said u wanted to go to the Atm to get money, (laptop was still being tested/plugged in), when u left, it took btw 30 to 40mins for you to return with the money(i even think say u no dey come back), and u still meet the laptop plugged in, so which kind excuse u come dey give again? (oviously, u never knew it was mikkyangel u meet at the apartment, even though i was chatting with u, using my yanky whatsup)

Bros, i bought this laptop in perfect working condition, tested it in yanky b4 i brought it down, i even had to pay extra 5k to change its Ram to 4gb ram(ask Mr Thymoty, t), this d very reason why i didnot add usb fan or any other accessories(which cost around 5k, because expenses don dey plenty ),

So if u bought a used laptop(with scratches on it,) and ur expcting brand new battery for it, am sorry, i cannot help u (if a battery of any form was not advertised with it).Even those whom i helped change dem batteries to another used but working battery last week after dey had complined(2 clients), dey didnot go to the extra length of accusing me of hiding d battery issue b4 we worked things out.U just rushed to the conclusion that we knew about the issue .

And abeg try change dis ya topic, there is nothing terrible about buying a used laptop with 50% working battery.(lets assume ur claims are correct), one would think after reading the topic, that u were rubbed at gun point!

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by dowjones(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2016
This your epistle...

I never complained about the charger.. the charger you gave me is less than fake... I can attach pictures if you make me.

I said I was shopping for a new charger on amazon and didn't need your replacement cos it will be fake

I asked for a refund AFTER you said the laptop was working perfectly and you'll not replace the battery

Read my complaint again. And finally understand that I'm already working on fixing the issues.

But people will see you're no different from a computer village tout that's all.
Re: My Terrible Experience With Mikkyangel by femilambor007(m): 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
I dont think there should be issue on the transaction.

For those that want to pay into foreign paypal.
Contact me @ 330/USD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indoor Panasonic Ac For 18k / Software For Free Internet Browsing On Your Computer And Phone / Genuine RAW, Crushers, Juicy Jays, Rolling Machine & others available Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.