Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! (986 Views)

MTN And Glo New Way Of Ripping Customers / MTN And 9MOBILE Cheap Data Bundle / Does The Use Of 'k' In Convos Really Signify Lack Of Interest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by sheddy03: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2016
this is the second time this is happening to me. I subscribe for a data plan(1G for 7days). while browsing(2nd day) the network was misbehaving and I decided to check my data balance, I was mad at the response I got(as attached) that I have no data bundle.

Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by adedayo3193(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Dats mtn for u
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2016
hmm this is serious
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by Godwin978(m): 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
its gone nothing you can do guy
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by sheddy03: 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
Godwin978:
its gone nothing you can do guy
last time am subscribing for MTN data, after this am going back to my indigenous mobile phone company-GLO. I will learn to be patient with its slow speed, but more transparent than criminal MTN. they say "slow and steady wins the race".

1 Like

Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by Panoply: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
My guy, MTN data subscription is the new definition of scam.

Can you imagine that I once subscribed to their 100MB for 4 days plan, only for me to be told that i have exhausted my data barely three minutes into using it. Now this was surprising to me because i was neither downloading nor streaming anything, moreso, the data was being used at the time on a Java phone which is fabled for less data consumption. As expected I called the customer care service several times and they kept singing the same tune, "am sorry sir, your data has been exhausted."

Interestingly, to be sure that the problem was not actuated by a technical glitch at the aforesaid time, i subscribed again at some later date to the same plan on the same phone and behold, the same thing happened. It was then i confirmed that it was a deliberate plan by MTN to swindle people of their money in the name of offering cheap data subsription services to Nigerians.

My pain is that the agency that is supposed to be regulating all these seems to be doing nothing about it hence given the likes of MTN the leeway to fleece people.

But I know say one day na one day, monkey go go market e no go return.

NB: all the above happened between late last month and early this month.
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by Dam5reey(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
Same here

I had been monitoring my data usage from phone since MTN no display data balance..
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by sheddy03: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
Panoply:
My guy, MTN data subscription is the new definition of scam.

Can you imagine that I once subscribed to their 100MB for 4 days plan, only for me to be told that i have exhausted my data barely three minutes into using it. Now this was surprising to me because i was neither downloading nor streaming anything, moreso, the data was being used at the time on a Java phone which is fabled for less data consumption. As expected I called the customer care service several times and they kept singing the same tune, "am sorry sir, your data has been exhausted."

Interestingly, to be sure that the problem was not actuated by a technical glitch at the aforesaid time, i subscribed again at some later date to the same plan on the same phone and behold, the same thing happened. It was then i confirmed that it was a deliberate plan by MTN to swindle people of their money in the name of offering cheap data subsription services to Nigerians.

My pain is that the agency that is supposed to be regulating all these seems to be doing nothing about it hence given the likes of MTN the leeway to fleece people.

But I know say one day na one day, monkey go go market e no go return.

NB: all the above happened between late last month and early this month.
thank God there are alternatives, my next better option is Glo. I don't get airtel network in my house, while etisalat is not friendly.
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by NCP: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hell Ooh Subscriber, please note that you are on MTN XtraBite Plan and as such it is expected that you will experience our world class Scam Services At Your end.

Thanks for Choosing MTN xtraBite.

MTN... We Scam You everywhere You Go.
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
And remember when you subscribe for that plan again they will disappear the data that is mtn habit

Sorry for you loss bro
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by sheddy03: 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
ijesuoboikxp1:
And remember when you subscribe for that plan again they will disappear the data that is mtn habit

Sorry for you loss bro
thanks , but I will not subscribe to MTN data again until I hear they are better.
Re: MTN And Their Lack Of Transparency!!! by JideSM: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
sheddy03:
this is the second time this is happening to me. I subscribe for a data plan(1G for 7days). while browsing(2nd day) the network was misbehaving and I decided to check my data balance, I was mad at the response I got(as attached) that I have no data bundle.
Y'ello sheddy03, I'm sorry about this experience. Kindly provide or PM your number for prompt assistance. Please note I currently run a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where issues like this are promptly resolved.

(1) (Reply)

Top Android Phones In 2016 / Brand New Phantom 6 + Or Used Iphone 6s + / How To Install Windows OS On Any Android Phone | No Root Acess Required

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.