Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} (58913 Views)

University Of Ibadan Medical Students Protest Against Rise In Fee (PICS) / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Why Are Engineering Students Like This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by PraiseGyps(f): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
Me self wan know why o
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Jediel1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
tinnyailes:
Its because most intelligent people think and write faster no time for fancy handwritinqs
Ur lie dey scare me oo
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by adekayo1234(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
I think it's something that happens with the rigour of medical training. Imagine having a whole mountain of textbooks to read and jot, where is the time for fancy writing. You just have to scribble something atimes and pray that you yourself would be able to read it

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by cruzydal(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
tomquest:
grin lmao. But I think I should google why doctors have illegible handwriting.
its simple..in the medical school you do alot of note copying... Bulky notes.. With stupid lecturers dictating fast.. If u see my notes sef you go just dey laff.. Its filled with blank spaces

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by PrincessAnna: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can't stop laughing grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by tico1212(m): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
Seems that's the ethics of their profession in prescribing drugs

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by rexbuton: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
I think it's just as a result of writing speedily so they can see the next patient quickly.. the medical laws actually stipulate that doctors must write legibly and with minimal abbreviation in order to avoid prescription errors

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Missyetty(f): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lol, I noticed that as well, you can hardly understand their handwriting. grin
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by olisasegun(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin
loomer:
Na the state at which their craze don develop reach
grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
ikbnice:
Doctors have the worst handwriting I have ever seen. Well, I believe this is to enable them hide the names prescribed drugs to prevent self medication.
Are you serious?
What about the drugs label
Do pharmaceutical companies also write like that on the drugs they sell

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Gkemz: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
I pity the nurses, pharmacists and lab operators who struggle hard to read these arabic writings of doctors.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
lol lol lol, I've been cracking myself up from the on this thread, i just wanted to waka pass buh i saw some comments which I should talk about :
Writing in seeming 'jargons' isn't on purpose, it's not to confuse the patients (ffs our notes or prescriptions isn't for the patient's consumption), it's not also to hide our prescriptions.
More often than not, it comes with advancement in the medical training, becos no time.

Take me for example, I have a maximum of an hour to run through the patients in my ward, sometimes they number up to 20, and then rush to clinic to face the crowd of patients waiting.
Who would have the time and patience to write fancy? lol.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
there is much to read. Great volume of things to write.
Albert Einstein said smart people think faster than they write, so their handwriting becomes illegible.
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
sapiosexual1:
lol lol lol, I've been cracking myself up from the on this thread, i just wanted to waka pass buh i saw some comments which I should talk about :
Writing in seeming 'jargons' isn't on purpose, it's not to confuse the patients (ffs our notes or prescriptions isn't for the patient's consumption), it's not also to hide our prescriptions.
More often than not, it comes with advancement in the medical training, becos no time
God bless you. It is the same sapiosexual in medilag?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by micxwell(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
tinnyailes:
Its because most intelligent people think and write faster no time for fancy handwritinqs
So, i'm guessing your handwriting is not good too. All lies! tongue
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Gkemz:
I pity the nurses, pharmacists and lab operators who struggle hard to read these arabic writings of doctors.
Medical terminologies are well understood by health professionals, just the way legal terms are well understood by legal professionals. Even if na jaga jaga writing, them go understand am well

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by adewumiopeyemi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
d same tin with my dad who is a medicaldoctor also i cant see his hand writing but other doctor or phrmacist will see d writing more clearly cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
IssyGenius:
God bless you. It is the same sapiosexual in medilag?
No no no, not medilag. I work up north
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
sapiosexual1:
No no no, not medilag. I work up north
oh m sorry sir! how is work sir?
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
IssyGenius:
oh m sorry sir! how is work sir?
I dey fine sir. All dey ok sir
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Kcinho(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
PraiseGyps:
Me self wan know why o
The change begins with the long essays you are expected to finish within three hours during the professional exams while in medical school then subsequently becomes worse while trying to catch up with the dictations from the senior colleagues during ward rounds. though some already have bad writing by default.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
That's how we are
Na frustration cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by NigerianScholar: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
tinnyailes:
What of olodo's with bad writing
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Batlan01:
grin grin
sometimes i wonder is they are doing Short hand in bussiness studies
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
You will know they also hv good hand writing when they are the one to write your bill

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by NigerianScholar: 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Batlan01:
grin grin

Why Are Medical Students Like This

Lol,am I the only one seeing this....so people that study elect elect should be called electrical students grin grin
People that study chemistry should also be called chemical students

1 Like

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Duru009(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Thy are the worst in d world
Wen it cums to handwritin.
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by abdullkabar(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lolz....its based on d more you have upstairs,the less you are worried about how your writing looks(as long as yu urself cn understand it)
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
May God continue to bless them and they keep writing gibberish like this. It's been keeping me gainfully employed and paid very well for the past 5 years grin

Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by piagetskinner(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
that's because their brains work faster than their hand's...
more like the hands running to meet up with what's in the brain
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by 3sexy: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
sapiosexual1:
More often than not, it comes with advancement in the medical training, becos no time.

Take me for example, I have a maximum of an hour to run through the patients in my ward, sometimes they number up to 20, and then rush to clinic to face the crowd of patients waiting.
Who would have the time and patience to write fancy? lol.

Eheeen!

U don't have time to write clearly but u have time to read comment in nairaland abi

God is watching u on 5D cry
Re: Why Are Medical Students Like This?? {pic} by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
3sexy:

Eheeen!

U don't have time to write clearly but u have time to read comment in nairaland abi

God is watching u on 5D cry
lol, this na weekend broh, man gotta relax. I cannot coman kee myself.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly / List Of Universities That Accept 120 Cut-Off Mark / Please I Need Help In Solving This Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.