Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? (4396 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]Born again? ! No, I'm not. Excuse me for getting it right the FIRST time. embarassed[/size]
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2009
@kunleOshob
Don't be ridiculous. Even atheists like mazaje and tudor should be able to list the 'fruits' you refer to. Come away from the letter into the spirit. I'm sure if I'd mentioned your preconceived discovery of helping the poor, I'll have scored an 'A' with you.
I think the more important question for you to ask is 'Am I really born again?', not what does it mean to be born again? Your attitude to others on this forum and against preachers (false or real) says you might not be born again. Try self examination, mr judge
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2009
[size=13pt]OLAADEGBU you talk too much cheesy , Ooh Ooh you didn't realise making fun of born-again christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope. . . grin grin. Born again Indeed!! **sign**[/size]
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2009
Image123:

@kunleOshob
Don't be ridiculous. Even atheists like mazaje and tudor should be able to list the 'fruits' you refer to. Come away from the letter into the spirit. I'm sure if I'd mentioned your preconceived discovery of helping the poor, I'll have scored an 'A' with you.
I think the more important question for you to ask is 'Am I really born again?', not what does it mean to be born again? Your attitude to others on this forum and against preachers (false or real) says you might not be born again. Try self examination, mr judge
It is funny you are calling me mr judge whilst you are also hypocritcally judging me. one thing ius certain though, i am genuinely fighting for the faith and exposing the false teachings in christianity for the good of all. i also try to show people from scriptures what true christianity ought to be. The most beautiful thing about this is that i am doing it based on conviction unlike your preachers who doing it in other to collect tithes, offerings and other gifts from you claimiing they are collecting it for God.

PS: Why would any preacher who claims to be doing God's work twist his word [aka tithes] for the sake of filthy lucre? can such a person truely claim to fear and serve God?
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by donnie(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2009
Your quote:
The bible makes it clear that one must be born again to see the kingdom of God and naturally since it is the ultimate goal of christians to be admitted into the kingdom of God

where did you find that in the bible?

this scripture as gained a lot of of popularity in the church, but the question is this: Is the term born again being properly interpreted in our churches?? Apart from the scripture in John 3 where Jesus spoke about being born again which he states belief in him[John 3:16] is a prerequisite for being born again, what most people fail to realise is that Jesus was referring to belief in his teachings and not just belief in him as a person./i]

Can you possibly believe in him as a person and not accept his teachings?

My dear, those teachings are more than mere words, they are Spirit and have life in them, they are living and active. They enter the soul and convert the man. They give eternal life(ZOE).

i]The question one now asks is what were Jesus core teachings? The central theme of Jesus teachings is love, love for God and love for fellow men. He also went on to teach that you can only love God whom you can't see if you love your fellow men whom you can see. The only other place in the bible were "born again" was mentioned is in first book of peter where peter who was with Jesus when he taught the subject expantiated on it and what did peter have to say in relation to the subject? The verse below says it all:
1 Peter 1:22-23:
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart. 23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. clearly having love for others is a condition precedent to being born again as Jesus always taught

That is not true. That is not what you read. Or are you reading your bible upside down? There are some things you will never see or understand until the Holy Spirit opens your eyes.

sadly this fruit is glaringly misthasing in most of our christian folk who claim to be born again.

I guess you have it in abundance undecided That is why you gang up with atheists to attack the church and the message at the slightest opportunity

The question i now put forward is this are they truly born again? Most people assume a show/pretence of Godliness and being religious = being born again. How sadly faulty this delusion is

Inasmuch as that is delusion, you too are confused because you neither know the scriptures nor the Lord of the Scrptures; therfore marvel not that i say unto you: YOU MUST BE BORN-AGAIN! Salvation is real. It is not theory, but a vital experience!

. . . and pls dont come up here throwing insults cos u really do need help. Ask and i'll show you from the scriptures what you do not know. God bless
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29am On Oct 01, 2009
donnie:

Inasmuch as that is delusion, you too are confused because you neither know the scriptures nor the Lord of the Scrptures; therfore marvel not that i say unto you: YOU MUST BE BORN-AGAIN! Salvation is real. It is not theory, but a vital experience!

. . . and pls dont come up here throwing insults cos u really do need help. Ask and i'll show you from the scriptures what you do not know. God bless

The quoted part above is very much true, especially the highlighted one.  Salvation is indeed a vital experience and not theory.

Experiential Faith

"And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." -- John 17:3

Our faith isn't intellectual; it is experiential.  We don't know about God, we know Him.  At the University of Chicago Divinity School, each year they have what is called "Baptist Day."  It is a day when the school invites all the Baptists in the area to the school because they want the Baptist dollars to keep coming in. 

On this day each one is to bring a lunch to be eaten outdoors in a grassy picnic area.  Every "Baptist Day" the school would invite one of the greatest minds to lecture in the theological education centre.  One year they invited Dr. Paul Tillich.  Dr. Tillich spoke for two and a half hours proving that the resurrection of Jesus was false.  He quoted scholar after scholar and book after book.  He concluded that since there was no such thing as the historical resurrection, the religion tradition of the Church was groundless, emotional mumbo jumbo, because it was based on a relationship with a risen Jesus, who, in fact, never rose from the dead in any literal sense.  He then asked if there were any questions.

After about 30 seconds, an old preacher with a head of short-cropped, woolly white hair stood up in the back of the audience.  "Docta Tillich, I got one question," he said as all eyes turned toward him.  He reached into his lunch sack and pulled out an apple and began eating it.  "Docta Tillich (crunch, munch), my question is a simple one (crunch munch).  Now, I ain't never read them books you read (crunch munch), and I can't recite the Scriptures in the original Greek (crunch munch).  I don't know nothin' about Niebuhr and Heidegger (crunch munch).  He finished the apple.  "All I wanna know is: This apple I just ate -- was it bitter or sweet?"

Dr. Tillich paused for a moment and answered in exemplary scholarly fashion: "I cannot possibly answer that question, for I haven't tasted your apple."  The white-haired preacher dropped the apple core into his crumpled paper bag, looked up at Dr. Tillich and said calmly, "Neither have you tasted my Jesus."

The 1,000-plus in attendance could not contain themselves.  The auditorium erupted with applause and cheers.  Dr. Tillich thanked his audience and promptly left the platform.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him" (Psalm 34:cool

It has been well said, "The man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument."
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]OLAADEGBU you talk too much cheesy , Ooh Ooh you didn't realise making fun of born-again christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope. . . grin grin. Born again Indeed!! **sign**[/size]

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world."

We are not ignorant of the devices of the devil. If God be for us who can be against us, who?

"When we share our faith, we are in a win/win situation. If people accept what we say, we win. If we plant the seed of God's Word, we win; and even if we are rejected, we win. This is because the Bible says that when that happens, the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon us. When we contend for the faith and are rejected, we are to rejoice and leap for joy, for great is our reward in heaven (Luke 6:22,23). It is a winning situation every single time we share our faith!" -- Mark Cahill
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 8:21am On Oct 01, 2009
I'm reading some sublime things here. It's my prayer that it'll touch and melt hearts and bring the real experience of genuine conversion in Jesus name.
Kunle, marvel not (don't be suprised) that I'm telling you, you must be born again.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2009
@image123
I only wis you and other deluded pentecostals know what it truely means to be born again and live a glorious christlike life free from deception and hypocrisy which as now become the hall mark of most pentecostal churhes. You may not know but you guys are doing more harm to christianity than even atheist who have no clue.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2009
People also cast unfounded allegations and aspersions at Christ. No be today. Settle with Jesus your maker, mr and then go and preach the good news instead of all these accusations.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
@image
Could you tell me what this good news is, if you have any clue as to what it is.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by theseeker2: 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2009
KunleOshob:

@image123
I only wis you and other deluded pentecostals know what it truely means to be born again and live a glorious christlike life free from deception and hypocrisy which as now become the hall mark of most pentecostal churhes. You may not know but you guys are doing more harm to christianity than even atheist who have no clue.

did the holy spirit inspire u to compare your fellow xtians to atheist?
U see as i told u ealier the holyspirit is the souce of all the confusion in christiandom. he was supposed to lead you into 'all truth' yet he whispers something different to the catholic another to the mormon and the jehovah witness and the babtist and the pentecost and all the many thousand denominations such that u cant even agree on what born again means. And each sect believes the others will go to hell.

Anyway was anyone expecting any thing more from a dove? Sorry i meant GHOST
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2009
Kunle, you tell me pray, what is the good news?
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2009
@image
Search for my thread on "the true gospel of jesus christ" it would certainly benefit you a lot if you truly desire to do his will.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
Image123:

I'm reading some sublime things here. It's my prayer that it'll touch and melt hearts and bring the real experience of genuine conversion in Jesus name.
Kunle, marvel not (don't be suprised) that I'm telling you, you must be born again.

Well said.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. -- John 3:19-20

The same sunlight that melts wax also hardens clay. As God's light shines on man, the sinner's heart determines his response. One whose heart is tender will respond to God, one whose heart is bent on evil will harden his heart further against God and will remain in darkness. Sinners should note: After Pharaoh repeatedly hardened his heart against God (Exodus 8:15,32), God then hardened Pharaoh's heart (Exodus 10:27). Those who continualllly reject God will be given up to "uncleanness, vile affections, and a reprobate mind" (Romans 1:24,26,28).
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
For those who are sincerely and diligently seeking for the true meaning of being born again, I suggest that you go through this cartoon.  I don't know how to explain it better than this, as they say; A picture speaks more than a thousand words.

[flash=600,500]http://media.chick.com/tract_8.swf[/flash]
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Well said.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. -- John 3:19-20

The same sunlight that melts wax also hardens clay. As God's light shines on man, the sinner's heart determines his response. One whose heart is tender will respond to God, one whose heart is bent on evil will harden his heart further against God and will remain in darkness. Sinners should note: After Pharaoh repeatedly hardened his heart against God (Exodus 8:15,32), God then hardened Pharaoh's heart (Exodus 10:27). Those who continualllly reject God will be given up to "uncleanness, vile affections, and a reprobate mind" (Romans 1:24,26,28).

Just had to make a point here:

All the hardenings of Pharaoh's heart were all a result of God's doing and not Pharaoh's.
It was God's will for Pharaoh to harden his heart and Pharaoh had no choice than to respond to that will.

Rom 9:15-18
(15) For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
(16) So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
(17) For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
(18 ) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

It is not about what man wills to do or tries to do; it is all about the will and purpose of God.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2009
ttalks:

Just had to make a point here:

All the hardenings of Pharaoh's heart were all a result of God's doing and not Pharaoh's.
It was God's will for Pharaoh to harden his heart and Pharaoh had no choice than to respond to that will.

This is what Paul said to your erroneous view: "What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid." -- Rom. 9:14

If you read the verses in context you will realise that there is no unrighteousness with God, if He sees the disposition of two boys (Isaac over Ishmael) and chooses on the basis of what He can forsee in each one.  God is sovereign over His mercy.  He has laid down the terms of mercy and compassion and will not dispense with either until we meet His terms.  He will not save one soul without repentance and continued conformity to His will, nor will He damn one soul that will meet His terms.

ttalks:

Rom 9:15-18
(15) For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
(16) So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
(17) For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
(18 ) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

In Exodus 9:16 we have an instance of a wicked king resisting God's will to the point of destruction.  At many points in God's dealing with Pharaoh the king could have submitted and escaped judgment.  But he was too stubborn to do so and therefore God could not do otherwise than punish him for his sins and resistance.  Therefore it will be preposterous to think that God is not being fair in His dealings with us if that is what you are insinuating.

It will be better if you can answer your church member what it means to be born again because as I had earlier said that "a man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument".
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2009
Did u read the rest of the passage Olaadegbu?

Rom 9:15-21
(18) Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
(19) Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
(20) Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
(21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

God is the reason behind every righteous person and every sinful person.
God willed from the very beginning that some people would "resist" his will and some wouldn't; all this is in accordance to his will.
Adam sinning was part of God's will, humanity sinning was part of god's will.

Why do u think the question was asked that, "Why doth he yet find fault?"
That's because it is crystal clear that God was the one who caused Pharaoh to "resist" his will, and is the reason behind every other person who resists his will up till today because of his ultimate purpose; the bigger picture which he wants to accomplish.

Humanity was not the one who chose to be sinful; God made it that way so as to accomplish his purpose which is very obvious that a whole lot of Christians are not aware of:

Rom 8:19-21
(19) For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
(20) For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,(21) Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Try to understand God's purpose and it would be easier for u to understand the point I am trying to drive at.

as regards preaching to Kunle, grin , he doesn't need me doing that. He is more than capable of knowing God's truths on his own.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Abuzola(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
Born again is just an act of brainwashing, simply sin and run for refuge to born again. Hahaha what a criminal act
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ttalks,

I did read the passage in context and more.

Paul gave 4 cases where God was righteous in His dealings:

The choice of:

[list]
[li]Isaac over Ishmael (Rom.9:7,8; Gen.17);[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Jacob over Esau (Rom.9:9-13; Gen.25);[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The righteous over the sinners in Israel (Rom.9:14-16; Ex.32:32-33; 33:19);[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Israel over Pharaoh and the Egyptians (Rom.9:17-18; Exodus 7:1-14 )[/li]
[/list]

Paul then applies all these instances to God's present dealings with Jews and Gentiles.  He concluded that God was just and righteous to have cut off Israel (temporary) and choose the Gentiles to carry on His programme. (Rom.9:19-33;10:1-21;11:1-36)

You can now see why not believing the whole counsel of God is erroneous.  Both the Old and New Testaments are applicable to us today as they are timeless.   The reason why you cannot see what I see is because you don't read nor believe the Old Testament. Once we regard the Bible as a whole it begins to take on a new meaning. The Old Testament (OT) is preparatory to the New Testament (NT). The NT cannot be understood apart from the OT, neither can the OT be appreciated apart from the NT.  It also baffles me that your members don't believe what Jesus said during His earthly ministry is applicabe to Christians today.

I don't know what they teach you at your gathering but it is clear that it is acidic.  God would not be just and righteous if He made us to commit sin against our own will and then send us to hell.  That is a doctrine from the pit of hell.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Abuzola(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
Born again is refuge by disguise by sinner
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
Olaadegbu,not everything u see me talk about is as a result of what is being taught at the place were i gather with other brethren.                                      Most of what i say here is based on my own personal study and research of the word of God; quite unlike u that just repeats what u hear.                                                         You might feel offended by what i said about the purpose and will of God.That's also because ur conception of hell is very wrong as indicated by ur last post. it just shows that u have a lot more to learn.          No problem man;just study and research more and u'll come ito the complete knowledge of the truth.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
Talk about lies and doctrines coming from the PIT OF HELL. I'm beginning to enjoy that phrase o!
Which kain pastor be this kunle, I'm praying you to tell me the good news and you're refering me to YOUR thread. Ba wahala. I dey come.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
ttalks:

Olaadegbu,not everything u see me talk about is as a result of what is being taught at the place were i gather with other brethren.                                      Most of what i say here is based on my own personal study and research of the word of God; quite unlike u that just repeats what u hear.

The more reason why you should join a Bible believing church that will correct you of some of your erroneous views.  It seems that what joins you together is your likemindedness for not paying tithes.  I don't think they care about your personal beliefs due to some reasons best known to them.

ttalks:

You might feel offended by what i said about the purpose and will of God.That's also because your conception of hell is very wrong as indicated by your last post. it just shows that u have a lot more to learn.          No problem man;just study and research more and u'll come ito the complete knowledge of the truth.

"Therefore has he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardens" -- Romans 9:18

God hardens on the same grounds of showing mercy.  If men will accept mercy He will give it to them.  If they will not, thus hardening themselves He is only just and righteous in judging them.  We are privileged to humble ourselves and seek mercy or exalt ourselves and refuse mercy.  Mercy is the effect of a right attitude, and hardening is the effect of stubborness or the wrong attitude toward God.  It is like the clay and the wax in the sun.  The same sunshine hardens one and softens the other.  The responsibility is with the materials, not with the sun.  Human beings are more responsible than these materials, because they have wills to make proper choices.  The only sense in which God hardened Pharaoh was in giving him the occasion to harden his own heart or obey.  Such is the choice all of us have to make on a daily basis (See 2 Cor. 2:15-17).

I hope that you have not been reading too much of the Awake magazine that has now distorted your interpretation of the scriptures.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2009
Olaadegbu,

You come across as funny sometimes with ur conclusions about a person. cheesy

The place where I meet with brethren provides the basic truths of God's word. Before joining them, I learnt how to read and study and interprete scriptures.
So, as it is, there are stuff that after a few perusals, I know what is truly in line with God's word and that which isn't.

I don't read Awake magazines;the last time I did was when i was in my secondary school days, and even then I never believed in their stuff.

Now, back to the issue at hand:

You seem to indicate that man has a free will. Well, that isn't new; practically the whole of the Christian adherents believe this.
But it is not so.

Some of the verses I gave earlier show that man does not have a free will, but a will that is in tune or influenced by God's ultimate will.

As i did in another thread, here is the definition of a free will:

- The power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies.

There is no decision or choice that man makes that isn't influenced by some cause,situation or external agency.

God is the originator of these causes, situations, etc which influence us into making one choice or the other.

The same thing with becoming born again. We do not choose to be born again because we do not choose Christ; he chose us.
Without the influence of God, no man can choose God.

Joh 6:44
(44) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Eph 1:3-5
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
(5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:11
(11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Rom 8:28-30
(28) And we know that he works all things together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.
(29) For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
(30) And those whom he predestined, he also called; and those whom he called, he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.

before the foundations of this world, God had already chosen whom he would save. so , as time went by, he called those who he had predestined to be saved.
How did he call them?
Through the gospel of Christ.

The same gospel which thousands still reject till this day? how come those who accepted it could accept it when some couldn't/wouldn't?

Simple; "No man can come to me except the Father draws him. . "

God does the drawing because, without the drawing, no man would/could respond to the gospel.

And why is that? It is because:

2Co 4:4
(4) In their case, the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe to keep them from seeing the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.

The god of this world; Satan, has blinded their minds.

But why would Satan blind their minds and God allows such?

Because, God created Satan for that very purpose; all in the line of fulfilling God's ultimate will and purpose.

I'm sure i still have to put out some more points but let's digest these for a while.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Abuzola(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2009
Oladegbo is nothing but a hypocrite, i have known him right frm time with his plagarized doctrine
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 11:18am On Oct 03, 2009
@ttalks
These carnal minds would find it very difficult to comprehend the true glorious gospel of christ. The truth is that satan infitrated the "church" a long time ago and the result is all this faulty doctrine these shallow minded "christians" spew out on this forum. I wonder how many of them have studied the scriptures independent of what their pastor teaches them.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2009
Rom 3:10-12
(10)  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(11)  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(12)  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

This is the state of every person who has not been called and declared righteous by God.

Can someone tell me how such a people/persons can respond to the gospel of Christ when they are by default not able to respond to it since they do not seek after God?

It is not possible to respond to the gospel unless God intervenes; unless God draws a person.

It is not by the will or effort of the person/persons involved but by the mercy and will of God.

Romans 9:16

when people do not respond to the gospel of Christ, it is because Satan has blinded them, not because they chose to ignore; - No one can know the truth and not respond to it.

But God has a masterplan and part of that plan was to ensure that only those whom he chose from the foundations of the world to be saved would be saved in this world.

The devil was created for the purpose of not allowing the unchosen to see and know the truth.

The devil himself has no choice in the matter because he too has no free will because he was created as the ultimate villainous creation for the purpose of leading men astray.
The devil is just a properly functioning creation of God.

He was evil from the beginning and will always be evil till the end.

Remember, he was created by God and can we recall what God concluded when he was through with creation?

Gen 1:31
(31)  And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So, the devil being the perfect being for leading man astray and Adam being the perfect creature capable of sinning was all "Good" because it was all in the line of God's purpose for mankind.

It would be needful to state here that the very general and worldwide conception that the devil was an initially good being is very false. He was evil from the very beginning.

John 8:44
(44)  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The devil was never Lucifer nor was he a beautiful angel; he is and always has been Satan ; the devil.

the concept of Lucifer generally understood is very wrong cos based on the original manuscripts of the bible, that word was not supposed to be in the bibles we have today, and the references thought to be meant towards the devil in the part where it was used was never towards or in reference to the devil but the King of babylon.

Isa 14:12
(12)  How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The word Lucifer; with proper study is an inappropriate word for that verse and was never in reference to the devil but to a man; the King of Babylon.
Please do a very thorough study of this cos it is important to really see and get things in the proper perspective.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ttalks(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2009
Php 2:13(KJV)
(13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Php 2:13(ISV)
(13) For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases him.

Php 2:13(CEV)
(13) God is working in you to make you willing and able to obey him.

Php 2:13(BBE)
(13) For it is God who is the cause of your desires and of your acts, for his good pleasure.

More evidence to show that it is God that is behind our wills; showing clearly that our wills are not free but are influenced/caused/motivated wills.

Any who professes Christ was able to do that because God made him able to do so.

1Co 12:3
(3) Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Abuzola(m): 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2009
Quran 2

145. And even if you were to bring to the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) all the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), they would not follow your Qiblah (prayer direction), nor are you going to follow their Qiblah (prayer direction). And they will not follow each other's Qiblah (prayer direction). Verily, if you follow their desires after that which you have received of knowledge (from Allah), then indeed you will be one of the Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers, etc.).

146. Those to whom We gave the Scripture (Jews and Christians) recognise him (Muhammad or the Ka'bah at Makkah) as they recongise their sons. But verily, a party of them conceal the truth while they know it - [i.e. the qualities of Muhammad which are written in the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)].

147. (This is) the truth from your Lord. So be you not one of those who doubt.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by PastorAIO: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2009
Abuzola:

Born again is just an act of brainwashing, simply sin and run for refuge to born again. Hahaha what a criminal act

Not just brain, but soul, mind, body and everything is washed. Brand new! Then you use a fragrant ointment to anoint yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Happens To You Spiritually And Pysically When U Watch Porn Nd Masturbat / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... / Is Jesus No Longer Coming Soon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.