Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,900 members, 7,844,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? (4398 Views)

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Krayola(m): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Not just brain, but soul, mind, body and everything is washed. Brand new! Then you use a fragrant ointment to anoint yourself.

PASTOR!! shocked shocked shocked Where have u been? Nice to see u again! smiley smiley
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2009
@pastor
Nice to read from you again, were have you been? Hope your ministry is growing and the tights are rolling in.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2009
Take this test if you want to know whether you are fit for heaven.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by PastorAIO: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2009
I waka waka waka
movement of jah people
I see see see
how many how many how many

Oh boy na waka carry me go Spain o, I come jam for there.  I miss my flight.  If the flight says Friday 1AM  you have get there for thursday night.  Yours truly turned up on Friday evening.  
The worst part, the place I was stranded had no internet connection for telephone. I was in the middle of farms and orchards and chickens.  next cheap flight was a week away.  
KunleOshob:

@pastor
Nice to read from you again, were have you been? Hope your ministry is growing and the tights are rolling in.
Obviously I just need my own private jet.  Who dares say that we pastors don't have a need for jets?
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Potu(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2009
Born Again!

Are you aware that the phrase “Born Again,” predates Jesus, and exist outside religious context?

Born again likens you to a baby emerging from the womb and implies starting all over. Your aspirations (kingdom of God) maybe sitting on a park bench or becoming a wealthy person: But, whatever it is, you will never achieve it if at all stages you are not willing to revamp (born again).
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by donnie(m): 12:31am On Oct 04, 2009
@KunleOshob
Why did you pretend as if you did not see this post on pg. 2? You scream of false prophets and false bretheren yet you know nothing about the scriptures or the Christ of the scriptures; merely dancing to the tune of satan your father.

Your quote:

The bible makes it clear that one must be born again to see the kingdom of God and naturally since it is the ultimate goal of christians to be admitted into the kingdom of God

where did you find that in the bible?

this scripture as gained a lot of of popularity in the church, but the question is this: Is the term born again being properly interpreted in our churches?? Apart from the scripture in John 3 where Jesus spoke about being born again which he states belief in him[John 3:16] is a prerequisite for being born again, what most people fail to realise is that Jesus was referring to belief in his teachings and not just belief in him as a person.

Can you possibly believe in him as a person and not accept his teachings?

My dear, those teachings are more than mere words, they are Spirit and have life in them, they are living and active. They enter the soul and convert the man. They give eternal life(ZOE).

i]The question one now asks is what were Jesus core teachings? The central theme of Jesus teachings is love, love for God and love for fellow men. He also went on to teach that you can only love God whom you can't see if you love your fellow men whom you can see. The only other place in the bible were "born again" was mentioned is in first book of peter where peter who was with Jesus when he taught the subject expantiated on it and what did peter have to say in relation to the subject? The verse below says it all:
1 Peter 1:22-23:
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart. 23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. clearly having love for others is a condition precedent to being born again as Jesus always taught

That is not true. That is not what you read. Or are you reading your bible upside down? There are some things you will never see or understand until the Holy Spirit opens your eyes. My advice is that you stick to Mathew Mark Luke and John in your discussions. . . enjoy the bible stories there and those of the OT but pls dont cross over to the NT (epistles), you'll only get more confused cos these require the Spirit's illumination which clearly, u lack.

sadly this fruit is glaringly misthasing in most of our christian folk who claim to be born again.

I guess you have it in abundance  That is why you gang up with atheists to attack the church and the message at the slightest opportunity

The question i now put forward is this are they truly born again? Most people assume a show/pretence of Godliness and being religious = being born again. How sadly faulty this delusion is

Inasmuch as that is delusion, you too are confused because you neither know the scriptures nor the Lord of the Scrptures; therfore marvel not that i say unto you: YOU MUST BE BORN-AGAIN! Salvation is real. It is not theory, but a vital experience!

. . . and pls dont come up here throwing insults cos u really do need help. Ask and i'll show you from the scriptures what you do not know. God bless
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Potu(m): 12:43am On Oct 04, 2009
Mm!

Jesus; in the house of Mrs. Fanny.

Which Mrs. Fanny?

Mma Fanny adad epkok itit.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ow11(m): 12:47am On Oct 04, 2009
I guess it loosely means to begin to live your life according to the words and commandments of the Lord our God. i.e. Making a conscious effort to live your life in a manner 'that is right in the eyes of the Lord'.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by donnie(m): 12:57am On Oct 04, 2009
All such efforts will end in failure until Christ takes up His abode in you.

Phil 2:13- For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by ow11(m): 1:06am On Oct 04, 2009
The state of the heart and willingness to accept Christ and his teachings is an effort which the Holy Spirit will strengthen to enable a born again Christian live a life that will glorify his father in heaven. . . .

@Kunleoshob

I thought the scriptures is very clear about what it means with the Nicodemus story. I wonder why you have qualms with its use in our church parlance today.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Fhemmmy: 2:37am On Oct 04, 2009
Being born again means leaving the old behaviors and following Christ in deeds and in truth.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
Kunle, whatz happening now, you not told me what the good news is na. Abi you no want make I born agains? Is the good news giving to the poor ESPECIALLY THE NEEDY AND LESS PRIVILEGED. Don't mind 'my' guess o, pray tell me.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2009
ow11:

@Kunleoshob

I thought the scriptures is very clear about what it means with the Nicodemus story. I wonder why you have qualms with its use in our church parlance today.
The scriptures on being born again is mis-understood by most churches professing it and the life of christ does not reflect in the lives of it's proponents. In some churches they simplify it into just making a prayer and confessing that you have accepted Jesus Christ whilst the reall meaning is much deeper than that. It is actually not just about belief but about being a totally new creature who exhibits the love of christ in him/her.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08am On Oct 11, 2009
"God's grace cannot be faithfully preached to unbelievers until His Law is preached and man's corrupt nature is exposed.  It is impossible for a person to fully realise his need for God's grace until he sees how terribly he has failed the standards of God's Law.  It is impossible for him to realise his need for mercy until he realises the magnitude of his guilt." 

"The Law's part in transformation is to make a person aware of his sin and of his need for divine forgiveness and redemption and to set the standard of acceptable morality."  He went on to say "Grace means nothing to a person who does not know he is sinful and that such sinfulness means he is separated from God and damned.  It is therefore pointless to preach grace until the impossible demands of the Law and the reality of guilt before God are preached." -- John MacArthur.

In Christ we are sheltered under the umbrella of grace from the rain of the wrath of the Law. Jesus Himself said that He had not come to do away with the Law. Christians establish the Law in Christ (Romans 3:31). We corroborate it. It still remains as the standard of God's righteousness and it will be the means by which He will judge the world.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33am On Oct 11, 2009
"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.  Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" -- Romans 6:15-16

Millions today have not learnt these simple facts, that you cannot be a servant of sin and Satan and at the same time a servant of righteousness and Christ (John 8:34; 1 John 3:cool.  If one commits sin he is not a Christian but a servant of sin and Satan.  Satan is the master of sinners Jesus Christ is not.  Sin is the service of Satan while righteousness is the service of God.

"The precepts of philosophy, and of the Hebrew code, laid hold of actions only.  [Jesus] pushed His scrutinies into the heart of man, erected His tribunal in the region of his thoughts, and purified the waters at the fountain head." -- Thomas Jefferson

If we claim to be under grace our righteousness must exceed that of those of the Pharisees.  1 Timothy 1:8-10
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

In Christ we are sheltered under the umbrella of grace from the rain of the wrath of the Law. Jesus Himself said that He had not come to do away with the Law. Christians establish the Law in Christ (Romans 3:31). We corroborate it. It still remains as the standard of God's righteousness and it will be the means by which He will judge the world.

Thanx for this but i would like to corroborate that the laws of christ are not the same as the Jewish laws. Jesus summarized the laws into two namely to love God and to love our fellow men. He removed dogmatism from the law instead and emphasized the princples of it which is based on love. Belief in christ is about obeying his commandments if we fail to obey this commandments then we are not of him and our faith is in vain.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by fyneguy: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2009
Kunle

Stop teaching heresies!

It's not the exhibition of love that makes one born again!

After being born again, the fruit of the spirit begins to show forth!

Being born again is the same as being a New creature!- the new creature has a divine nature and the nature exhibits the love of God.

You become a new creature the moment you are saved!

Do I also need to explain how to get saved?

Kunle, stop being a false prophet!
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2009
ANd when did i write that an exhibiton of love makes one born again  i made it clear that one one of the fruits of a born again person is genuine christlike love to others or don't you understand simple english. Anyway i don't expect much from a disciple of pastor chris who is not even saved himself.

PS: how was service today? how much was your pastor able to scam out of your pocket grin
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2009
KunleOshob:

Thanx for this but i would like to corroborate that the laws of christ are not the same as the Jewish laws. Jesus summarized the laws into two namely to love God and to love our fellow men. He removed dogmatism from the law instead and emphasized the princples of it which is based on love. Belief in christ is about obeying his commandments if we fail to obey this commandments then we are not of him and our faith is in vain.

Let us consider the Moral Law (Decalogue), as it applies to us New Testament today:

THEN GOD spoke all these words:
I am the Lord your God, Who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
You shall have no other gods before or besides Me.

You shall not make yourself any graven image [to worship it] or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
You shall not bow down yourself to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me,
But showing mercy and steadfast love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments.

You shall not use or repeat the name of the Lord your God in vain [that is, lightly or frivolously, in false affirmations or profanely]; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
[Earnestly] remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy (withdrawn from common employment and dedicated to God).
Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, your daughter, your manservant, your maidservant, your domestic animals, or the sojourner within your gates.
For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it [set it apart for His purposes].

Regard (treat with honor, due obedience, and courtesy) your father and mother, that your days may be long in the land the Lord your God gives you.
You shall not commit murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not witness falsely against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor's house, your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.

Exodus 20:1-17 Amplified Bible.

The Decalogue naturally falls into 2 divisions; the 1st and 2nd tables. The first table contains the 1st to the 4th commandments while the 2nd table consists of the 5th to the 10th commandments.

The 1st table teaches us about the personality of God and the true notions we should form of His divine nature. It teaches us of our duty to God who is our filial relation and to love Him with a heart-felt affection that gives no room for any rivalry. He should be the one object of our devotion and also the only object of our love. We love Him because He first loved us.

The 2nd table teaches us about a complete system of ethics and moral duties which every man owes his neighbour, who is his fraternal relation. Our love for fellow men acts as a 2 dimensional key that maintains good human relationship and prevents all forms of moral decadence. This means that we will not do any ill against our fellows who we really love as ourselves (Rom.13:8-10)

5 ways that we can personally apply the laws by faith in the new testament;

[list]
[li]#1 The law highlights our sins, while faith shows us the way out.  God's moral law brings our consciences under conviction and by faith we seek pardon, grace and salvation through Jesus Christ.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]#2 The law is established through faith in Christ's substitutionary death.  When we believe in Christ we are counted as righteous through His vicarious death.  We (our old man) are baptised into His death and also buried with Him that we might be dead to sin.  Rom.6:1-19.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]#3 Through faith the indwelling Christ grants us the power and inward strength to live righteously and to fulfil the letter and the spirit of the law Rom 8:2-4.  As we reckon ourselves dead to sin we also believe that we are alive to God since Jesus has risen from the dead Rom 8:10-14.  We are therefore free to choose what God would choose for us Rom. 8:2; 5:18;6:18.  [/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]#4 God's love in our hearts at salvation helps us to obey God willingly and not out of constraint Rom 5:5.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]#5 Through faith, the indwelling Christ writes His law on the table of our hearts as we read, meditate, confess it and pray  Heb.10:16, so that we will not be forgetful of His commandments.[/li]
[/list]

Through Moses came the law but Jesus brought grace and truth so that we can keep His commandments which is that we should believe On the name of the Son of God and that we should love one another   Matt.5:17-19;Rom.3:31;Jn.1:17;1Jn.3:23.

The Decalogue (10 commandments) is:

[list]
[li]1.  A school master pointing us to Christ.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2.  It reveals our sins and leaves us at the point of conviction.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3.  It is not a means of salvation but rules for guidance to measure our conformity to God's holiness and standard.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4.  It is unalterable and remains in force today.  Matt.5:17[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]5.  It is a hedge to keep us within the bounds of sobriety and piety.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]6.  It is a reflection of what is in our consciences that tells us what is right and wrong.[/li]
[/list]
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Olaadegbu
It's refreshing that the two of us can agree on a topic when were are not bickering over "tithes" and "false prophets" grin well as christians we have to continuosly seek him and strive to do his will. Yes i agree with you that the principles of hte ten commandments remain in force today but how do you reconcile the commandment of the sabbath which is described as a day of rest [Not worship] that most christians don't observe today. Would do say we are guilty of not keeping the commandment? Please note that biblically attending church service on sunday or even saturday is not a fulfillment of this commandment. As the bible makes it clear it is a day of rest and NOT a day of worship. Please note that i am not saying it is wrong to worship on those days what i am just trying to emphasize is that worshipping on those days does not fufill those commandments.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2009
The First Day of the Week

"And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight" (Acts 20:7).

Given the fact that everything about God's Word was specifically inspired by its Author, it is appropriate that this important phrase, "the first day of the week," occurs exactly eight times in the Bible.  The first six of these (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1,19) all stress the fact that it was on this day that the greatest event in history (since the creation) had taken place.  The creation of the universe had taken place on the first day of the week, and now its Creator had conquered sin and death itself on that day.  In the Bible, of course, the number "seven" represents completeness, so "eight" represents a new beginning--a new creation, a resurrection.

The last two references tell us just how the early Christians remembered this day.  Our text verse tells us this was a day on which the disciples assembled together, had a preaching service, and then "broke bread." This was not a special assembly called just for Paul, for he had already been waiting there six days (see previous verse).  This was about 25 years after the resurrection itself and the Jewish believers were evidently still observing the seventh day as a rest day, but then they also observed the first day of the week as the time to commemorate the Lord's death in "breaking of bread" to celebrate His resurrection, and especially to hear the preaching of His Word.  The final reference tells us one other vital thing they did: "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him" (I Corinthians 16:2).  The first day of the week should always be a time of remembering Him in these joyful ways, for He is our living Lord and Saviour. HMM  wink
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by fyneguy: 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2009
KunleOshob:

ANd when did i write that an exhibiton of love makes one born again  i made it clear that one one of the fruits of a born again person is genuine christlike love to others or don't you understand simple english. Anyway i don't expect much from a disciple of pastor chris who is not even saved himself.

PS: how was service today? how much was your pastor able to scam out of your pocket grin

False prophet Kunle smiley

Who posted the quote below?

i]The question one now asks is what were Jesus core teachings? The central theme of Jesus teachings is love, love for God and love for fellow men. He also went on to teach that you can only love God whom you can't see if you love your fellow men whom you can see. The only other place in the bible were "born again" was mentioned is in first book of peter where peter who was with Jesus when he taught the subject expantiated on it and what did peter have to say in relation to the subject? The verse below says it all:
1 Peter 1:22-23:
22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart. 23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. clearly having love for others is a condition precedent to being born again as Jesus always taught

Having love for others is not a condition PRECEDENT to being born again!
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by Image123(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2009
I hope kunle is discussing here.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by MrCrackles(m): 9:57pm On Oct 11, 2009
There is nothing like born again!
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by mamagee6(f): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2009
To be born Again means to repent from your sins and become new. cool
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2009
fyneguy:

False prophet Kunle smiley
Who posted the quote below?
Having love for others is not a condition PRECEDENT to being born again!
At this this i am compelled to address your ignorance in proper perspective. The phrase "born again" is used only twice in the bible once in the book of John and secondly in one of peter's epistles. The problem is that the pentecostal movement have adopted this phrase andran with it without sitting down to understand what it really means. The meaning can only be appreciated wihin the wider concept of Jesus ministry and teachings. It is worthry of note that when when the apostles were spread christianity to the thessalonians, corinthians, hebrews, Galatians, ephesians, colossians e.t.c they never used the term "born again" rather they preach belief in the gospel of Jesus and love for each other and they addressed themselves as believers not "born agains". Today terminologies have changed especially in the pentecostal movement that loves brandishing that term whilst conviniently trying to ignore the true christian message which can not be divorced from what was termed as "Born again" by the master himself. Whilst i might have mis-represented my self by using the term "condition precedent" i remain resolute in my submission that a true believer [some call it born again] must exhibit the fruits of the holy spirit chief of which is love. If this is missing one cannot truely claim to have new life in Jesus as you are not keeping his greatest commandments which he also said would distinguish his followers from other.
John 13:34-35:
34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 8:54am On Oct 12, 2009
@fyneguy
i actually sympathize with you and other hostages at CEC plc a lot given the level and height of brainwashing that goes on there skillfully and cunningly delivered to you by the master con artist himself, but then again i take solace in the scriptures that as already predicted that many would be deceived in the name of Jesus: [ Matthew 24:4-5: 4 Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the annointed.’ They will deceive many] You may decide to turn your ears from the truth but one thing is that all my so called false teachings are backed 100% by the bible also that apart unlike your pastor i derive no personal benefit from telling you and others to keep Jesus greatest commandments which is love. I have not come to this forum to solicit one kobo from anyone neither have i asked for tithe, offerings or seed sowing. I write not for personal benefit but beocs of my desire to spread to true gospel of our lord Jesus christ in it's undiluted form. Yes i admit some times i am intolerant of opposing views this is becos of the anger i feel for the pervertion of the true gospel by many charlatans who claim to serve him today yet they don't meet up to biblical standards and are evidently more interested in their pockets than the true teachings of christ. We as christians need to wake up and decide whether we want to serve christ or we want to serve our pastors. we should be able to stand for the truth becos before God we are all equal. Your pastors no matter how important they want to make them selves feel are not more important to God than the muslim dis-abled beggar on the streets whom as christians we are even charged to assist.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:00am On Oct 12, 2009
Born Again

"Jesus answered and said unto him, [color=#red]Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God[/color]" (John 3:3).

The vital doctrine of regeneration has been applicable in all ages, for man by nature is a lost sinner and must be spiritually reborn through faith in God and His promises to be saved. This truth appears in the Old Testament, for example, in David's prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

It is emphasized more clearly and explicitly in the New Testament. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-6). "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (I Peter 1:23).

Note that this spiritual birth is produced only through the eternal Word of God. "According to His abundant mercy," the Lord "hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (I Peter 1:3-4).

To be raised from spiritual death in sin to eternal life in Christ is a true miracle, as much so as the physical resurrection of Christ Himself, or even as the very creation of the world. "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (II Corinthians 4:6).

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new |creation|: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Corinthians 5:17). HMM
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2009
For Our Justification

"Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." (Romans 4:25)

We rejoice greatly in Christ’s resurrection, knowing that He has promised that "because I live, ye shall live also" (John 14:19). But it is also very important to realise and remember that if He had not been raised from the dead, we would still be lost sinners, separated eternally from God. He was raised, Paul reminds us, "for our justification."

The immensity of the load of sin which Christ bore with Him on the cross is beyond comprehension. He had to "taste death for every man" (Hebrews 2:9), for He was the offering "for the sins of the whole world" (1 John 2:2). Since "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23), were it not for the infinite power, as well as the infinite love, of both the Father and the Son, such an infinite weight of sin would seem impossible to overcome, so Christ would die forever, and we would be lost forever. How could we ever know that we had been forgiven and that He had paid the awful price that would suffice for our salvation? How could we ever be acquitted, and declared righteous before God?

That is exactly what the resurrection of Christ assures! "By the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life" (Romans 5:18). His infinite righteousness has more than balanced the terrible weight of "the sin of the world," and He was able to take it away (John 1:29). Although the wages of sin must be death, "the free gift is of many offences unto justification" (Romans 5:16).

This gift of total and eternal justification is free because of His love, but even a free gift must be accepted before it can be possessed. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). HMM
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by fyneguy: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2009
False Prophet Kunle,

instead of ranting, go through Olaadegbu's pieces on ''being born again'' and stop teaching heresies on this forum!

Your problem is that you always use your sensory perceptions in spiritual matters.

You are so dogged in the use of semantics. Who cares if the word ''born again'' is only used twice! the definition is what matters. By the definition, the word born again is not used twice in the bible!

Being born again refers to the 2nd birth. It refers to the product of salvation. It refers to the NEW CREATURE. It refers to the partaker of the divine nature.

Now, let me give you a piece of strong meat (smiley)- Every CHRISTIAN is born again

Grow up!
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by KunleOshob(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Born Again

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

The vital doctrine of regeneration has been applicable in all ages, for man by nature is a lost sinner and must be spiritually reborn through faith in God and His promises to be saved. This truth appears in the Old Testament, for example, in David's prayer: "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10).

It is emphasized more clearly and explicitly in the New Testament. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:5-6). "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (I Peter 1:23).

Note that this spiritual birth is produced only through the eternal Word of God. "According to His abundant mercy," the Lord "hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (I Peter 1:3-4).

To be raised from spiritual death in sin to eternal life in Christ is a true miracle, as much so as the physical resurrection of Christ Himself, or even as the very creation of the world. "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (II Corinthians 4:6).

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new |creation|: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Corinthians 5:17). HMM

Thanx for this contribution cheesy

As for uglyguy who keeps ranting in his pastor influenced ignorance and delusions, on the last day you won't have the excuse that you weren't warned.
Re: What Does It Really Mean To Be "born Again"? by donnie(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2009
What do you know about the last day? All you can boast of is 'head knowledge'.

You 'uncircumcised Philistine'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Jesus No Longer Coming Soon? / Black Man / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.