Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 (17110 Views)

The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... / Farming Now Made Easy. Invest In The Land We Do The Farming For U. / Poultry Farming, For Meat Or For Egg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Now back to the topic of the evening UGWU CULTIVATION AND MARKETING
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
After u purchasing ur ugwu seeds dont plant them immediately and pls dont leave it inside d nylon else all ur seeds will b useless

spread d seeds under the sun to dry for aleast 3 days as dis aids quick germination in 5 to 6 days
Do not follow dis instruction and u will not have any sprout until about 14 - 18 days

1 Like

Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ugwu prefers ridges to flats and i recommend ridges because of the following
1. Easy access to ur plant
2. Easy maintaineace
3. Easy drainage as ugwu hates excess water

Now after u might have dried ur seeds and ur ridge prepared, it is time for planting
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
If u are planting ugwu for seeds then u must stake in order to get larger seed pods but if solely for the leaves then staking no needed
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by adescopy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hi, pls am into cassava farming actualy i started with 1 acrea last year but am yet to harvest. i need info abt selling my produce and to more info about tomato farming as i plan going into it.
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
NURIENT REQUIREMENT

As with all lefy veggies, ugwu consumes alot of nutrient and telling u the truth only manure couldnt meet up to its demands hence u nid to suppliment with NPK 15:15:15
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
adescopy:
Hi, pls am into cassava farming actualy i started with 1 acrea last year but am yet to harvest. i need info abt selling my produce and to more info about tomato farming as i plan going into it.

for tomatoes start ur nusery now and transfer to the field 3 - 4 wks after planting for cassava i dont understand ur questiom
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Fertilizer application is only once tru out the plant life cycle.
Ugwu doesnt have a particular spacing dat i knw of but its best u space dem well

Uguws problem with weeds is usualy b4 its tendrils start moving far and leaves broaden. So at dis period manual weeding is carried out as maintaineance for the crop
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ugwu is ready for sales at 2 to 3 months, harvesting is done weekly to 2 weeks interval by selecting and cutting neareast to the main root,any weak,male or terminated shoots
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Molayan: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
Emempaul:
But we are progressing slow but steady
Do U've cassava tubers d for sale
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by adescopy(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks for the prompt reply. My cassava question is that i ave a casrava farm @ ibadan that am yet to harvert, i just need advice on how and where to locate buyer that will increase my gain mergin. thanks
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 3:54am On Aug 17, 2016
Molayan:

Do U've cassava tubers d for sale

no! As it is,even our co-op 30hectares tuber is insufficent
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 3:59am On Aug 17, 2016
adescopy:
Thanks for the prompt reply. My cassava question is that i ave a casrava farm @ ibadan that am yet to harvert, i just need advice on how and where to locate buyer that will increase my gain mergin. thanks
find a local fufu or garri factory were u can b delivering ur tubers to. Avoid middle me at all cost. Meet those women who produce the fufu, they often buy well
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by adescopy(m): 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Thanks. I will try that but pls, if am to produce the garri and market it myself.How do i go abt it, i mean the cost of processing to garri and finding buyers.
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sorry for not bin able to post anything abt our day 2 in THE BIRTH OF A LOCAL GARRI FACTORY. It was due to ill health hence my absence but was told it went smoothly so hopefully tomorrow we will b getting updates
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by solbash11(m): 12:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Emempaul:
Sorry for not bin able to post anything abt our day 2 in THE BIRTH OF A LOCAL GARRI FACTORY. It was due to ill health hence my absence but was told it went smoothly so hopefully tomorrow we will b getting updates
Well done sir, you're doing a very good job here with all the information you're giving out freely. You'll be greatly rewarded with success in all your endeavors by God's Grace...

Get well soon and continue with your good message.........
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by whally50(m): 8:02am On Aug 18, 2016
Please where is the location of your farm?
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:27am On Aug 18, 2016
Along idiroko/seme border road okeodan busstop ogun state
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by sseunth(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2016
i want to add to this.
i heard that cassava is being used in the brewery for making of beers.
e.g heinkeins
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 10:06am On Aug 18, 2016
sseunth:
i want to add to this.

i heard that cassava is being used in the brewery for making of beers.

e.g heinkeins
yes ooo. but for u to even supply them, u must have spent morethan 20million to upgrade to standard starch processing factory before they even luk ur end
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by sseunth(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Emempaul:

yes ooo. but for u to even supply them, u must have spent morethan 20million to upgrade to standard starch processing factory before they even luk ur end
spend more than 20million on top the farm or tge industries?

pls explain more
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
sseunth:
spend more than 20million on top the farm or tge industries?

pls explain more
for brands like heineken to even consider u, ur factory must b 70% automated which inculdes motor driven peeler,washer,grinder,destarcher,starch collector all powered by a 30 to 50kva gen.

Only d gen don carry 50percent of the money
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by sseunth(m): 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Emempaul:

for brands like heineken to even consider u, ur factory must b 70% automated which inculdes motor driven peeler,washer,grinder,destarcher,starch collector all powered by a 30 to 50kva gen.

Only d gen don carry 50percent of the money
i was thinking that they buy the cassava in raw. so the cassava mst be processed into flour first?

1 Like

Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
sseunth:
i was thinking that they buy the cassava in raw. so the cassava mst be processed into flour first?
not flour but paste. Processing into ethanol is done wen the cassava is still in its fresh form
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by sseunth(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Emempaul:

not flour but paste. Processing into ethanol is done wen the cassava is still in its fresh form
pls do u have a full knowledge on this. i will like to know more about it
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
Guy its nt free i spent thousands on thousands to get that knowlegde
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by sseunth(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Emempaul:
Guy its nt free i spent thousands on thousands to get that knowlegde
jst gv me clue pls
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Newway2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Where is ur farm location in Ibadan? I may buy ur cassava if d price is right.

adescopy:
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by adescopy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Not realy in ibadan but in oyo town
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2016
I woke up dis morning to the news dat bag of rice is now 20k. I was shocked but den again we had dis long coming.

Our over dependence on imported rice had kill the market for our own locally produced rice.

I rememba back then in school, i couldnt afford to buy foriegn rice and opted to buy the local one. Trust me i wasnt happy but i had no chioce. D day i finally decided to cook d rice, there was no diff. in taste btw the socalled foriegn rice n the local rice. Till i finished school dat was d rice i bought n ate.

Now fastforward to present day, we were thinking of organising a seminar on our local rice production with our rice specially Mr. Segbenu David eariler dis year but the response we got was not impressive due to the mentality that our rice not good,it has sand,it has stone, sum even went aheard and at us, so we boutched the project.

Now as at today that same 'local diff. bad name rice" is now earning millions to farmers,feeding their families while smiling to the bank, while some name callers( please disrespect meant but just the hard truth) are shouting rice is 20k
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2016
So nigerian please #buy nigerian to grow nigeria#
Re: Final Lap Of Cassava Farming For 2016 by Emempaul(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Yesterday i helped a friend setup his day old chick(pullets) though small scale. Here are d pics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Can Supply Raw Honey From The Bees / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / Cheapest affordable Peanut flour Coating Machine at

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.