Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... (618 Views)

Recap: My Journey So Far Into Maize Farming / Strawberry Farming In Nigeria: The Story So Far / My Indoor Aloe Vera Farm Has Been A Success So Far *pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
STAY TUNED TO OUR 2016 STORY OUR SUCCESS , FAILURES, DEFEATS, VICTORIES AND DISAPOINTMENT

Coming up shortly. pls stay
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
so we started the 2016 CAFAS in February 24 2016 as usual with high hopes of a successful farming season as we had been doing for the past 2yreas.

Not knowing that we were in for rude shock of our lives

Normally we plant twice, that is from March to June( first lap) and from August to November(final lap) each year

while the first lap harvest BTW February and April the following year. The final lap harvest from October to November
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
those that planted during the first lap had relatively no problems during harvest as all smiled to the banks with their bank account reading in Nigeria bills, the groups in the second lap had and unfriendly experience
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
it should be noted that prior to this time we have Neva experience any incident of stealing, encroachment, fire or whatnot in these area but it seemed that that was not to be this year as we had our fair share with this problems and more as I will be highling here

1. labour force:- befor 2016 we had an abundant supply of work force at our beg and call but inflation rate Set in and recession kick started a chain of events that would marr a lot of farmers crop production output and our farmers were not spared. labour we usually got on a plata of gold became scarce commodity, the onse available charged x3 the amount originally budget for farming inputs like fertilizer went from 5k per bag to as much as 10k in fact it nearly ruined us

we had to dig into reserve funds to foot the some of the bills. while some the the investors footed.

Now imagine u usually do weeding for 1hectare at 10500 only to be faced with stark reality of 17k and in some cases 22k for weeding per hectare dat was the case we faced not until March this year were we were able to secure labour force to do our weeding work for us at a relatively cheap rate as at that time.

2. farm input:- dat one is another case, as we had to battle with agro dealers who wanted to cash in on the misfortune of we farmers and sell fake chemicals to us at exorbitant price not to even talk of fertilizer and even tractor service

3. Since we ran a batch payment formula dat allows investors to break payment some investors delayed payment but still wanted results. Sir and ma we did not come and count the coconut trees and Cassava stem in the farm. To an extent we tried our best but we cant work effectively wen the investor dont pay ontime.

4. land:- the most important. we fell in the hands of unsurpulus family land owners who dealt with us decisively
now imagine working on assumed 10hectares. u do all activities based on 10 hectares only in the end to find out that u have bin working with 10 acres. so as I number 1 thing to do b4 lease is measurement. I very sure we will not fall victim any more on that aspect

......... .............. To be continued
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by obstead200(m): 2:21am On Nov 12, 2017
Emempaul:
it should be noted that prior to this time we have Neva experience any incident of stealing, encroachment, fire or whatnot in these area but it seemed that that was not to be this year as we had our fair share with this problems and more as I will be highling here

1. labour force:- befor 2016 we had an abundant supply of work force at our beg and call but inflation rate Set in and recession kick started a chain of events that would marr a lot of farmers crop production output and our farmers were not spared. labour we usually got on a plata of gold became scarce commodity, the onse available charged x3 the amount originally budget for farming inputs like fertilizer went from 5k per bag to as much as 10k in fact it nearly ruined us

we had to dig into reserve funds to foot the some of the bills. while some the the investors footed.

Now imagine u usually do weeding for 1hectare at 10500 only to be faced with stark reality of 17k and in some cases 22k for weeding per hectare dat was the case we faced not until March this year were we were able to secure labour force to do our weeding work for us at a relatively cheap rate as at that time.

2. farm input:- dat one is another case, as we had to battle with agro dealers who wanted to cash in on the misfortune of we farmers and sell fake chemicals to us at exorbitant price not to even talk of fertilizer and even tractor service

3. Since we ran a batch payment formula dat allows investors to break payment some investors delayed payment but still wanted results. Sir and ma we did not come and count the coconut trees and Cassava stem in the farm. To an extent we tried our best but we cant work effectively wen the investor dont pay ontime.

4. land:- the most important. we fell in the hands of unsurpulus family land owners who dealt with us decisively
now imagine working on assumed 10hectares. u do all activities based on 10 hectares only in the end to find out that u have bin working with 10 acres. so as I number 1 thing to do b4 lease is measurement. I very sure we will not fall victim any more on that aspect

......... .............. To be continued
@ the bolded............. That one na story for the gods. If I was one of ur investors I won't take that from u as an excuse. U must pay me back in full. Cos as the custodian of my money I expect u to do ur due diligence. And God knows that number 2 due diligence on land matters, after verification of authentic owners, is to measure the fuc.king land!!!
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
obstead200:

@ the bolded............. That one na story for the gods. If I was one of ur investors I won't take that from u as an excuse. U must pay me back in full. Cos as the custodian of my money I expect u to do ur due diligence. And God knows that number 2 due diligence on land matters, after verification of authentic owners, is to measure the fuc.king land!!!

sir yes I know. prior to now we had leased about 30 hectares and more in different locations from the same family and they were all complete it was just too unfortunate that we worked based on trust for this particular land. it was our own ondoing

And yes we paid all our investors in full for the short change becos it basically our fault and we had no excuse to dat effect
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
still on the land. it was the we discovered dat its a usual thing dey do here. so we on our part have decide to play smart too. as well advice fellow farms pls we u want to lease a land lease it in acres wen u are not sure of the measurement in hectares it will spare u the pains of incomplete land

note this for farming
1 alapin 60 by 60 feet or half plot
2 alapin 60 by 120 feet or full plot
12 alapin 6plot or 1acre
25 alapin 1hectare 12½ plots

standard hectare
30 alapin 15 plot

for those of u dat have not done ur measurement pls do and let this be ur guide

if u are lucky to get the standard hectare good for u but if not dis is wat u should work with

thus measurement is common to the South West States
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
back to the matter

issues we had so with thus years project
- theft- this is a really big issue. when we we bizy guaranting our investors that stealing was not known in the area we were cultivating fate had other plans for us. not only were the investor cassava stolen, the land was reassigned to another person. wen we tried to push with for legal involvement we were warn to thread carefully. read between the lines and it mearnt we were on our own. What English were we to speak to the investor. after all our bragging

we have to pay.

bad work man- this was an issue that killed us. we had contracted some one to spray our farm as we usually do with chemical weeding but unfortunately fate dealt us an other blow

he went ahead to spray the farm anyhow. the cassava lost in dat farm was massive. the spray stunted the growth of the cassava effectively stopping the tubers from expanding. for a whole 4hectares we saw only 11 baskets

my brothers and sister we find cry we no see.

another English speaking session with the investors

Trust me when dealing with peoples money u will have no rest until u deliver and if u don't God help u. cos u have no excuse but to deliver

most of the investors that had one problem or the other during the final lap of the 2016/2017CAFAS we had to pay or relocate them to other farms. for the ones dat we couldn't relocate we met with them and though disappointed agreed to be pair with next years project cos time was already far spent for replanting

We gone back to the draw board sat down. and saw our mistakes and wen we started the 2017/2018 CAFAS we really hit it really hard infact wat we planted this year and the way we handled the many hurdles we face over came, we hope to replicate it for more years to come

investors in this years CAFAS with by God's Grace smile to the bank
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2017
For those investors the we reassigned to next years CAFAS please though we know we disappointed you " We don't and won't leave our own " cos with out you we are nowhere
STANDARD IMPACT GROUP will keep its words and make sure u reap from the benefit of your investment

Emem Paul

for

S. I. G.
Re: The 2016 Cafas ( 1st And Final Lap) the Story So Far....... by Emempaul(m): 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good day House

For those of us still interested in cassava farming with us, Please read this

Reports from The just concluded 2016/2017(CASSAVA FARMING SEASON) CAFAS

The 2016/2017 CAFAS came with it many event. While the planting season started in March 2016 and ended in October the same year, harvesting started in April 2017 and ended in December 2017

While most of the harvest recorded was bountiful a few had draw backs like theft,bush fire, incomplete leased land,high labour cost to non availability to even returns on investment due to unstable market prices were recorded in some farms leading to failed farms of which we had to bear the responsibility of repaying/replacement some of whom we had to push till the next planting season

Let it be on record that for the 4years we have been the Business, the 2016/17 CAFAS was were we recorded our major loss

Due to the experiences of last years farming season and post harvest losses we recorded we went back to the drawing board to ensure that a repeat of these losses don't occur and burden of farm repayment/replacement doesn't fall on us any longer

For this reason, the board of SIG had to come come with another model for the 2017/18 CAFAS

Even though it addressed some of the challenges faced it still didn't holistically take care of some issues most especially on
returns on investment. Hence we went back to the drawing board met with veterans both in the business world and agricultural sector drawing from their wealth of experience concluded on a new model to be implemented starting from This 2018/19 CAFAS

RESOLUTION:-
It was resolved that

1. Each years CAFAS will be a 4 year program per individual

2. Minimum slot will be 5 acres and maximum of how many u can effectively fund

3. The cost of an acre will be 150,000

4. Funds will be provided by the client in full before the commencement of this project

5. That the total returns on investment for the 4 year period per client will be 250% spread over the said period. That is to say if u invested 100,000

Year 1 you get 30% of funds invested

Year 2 you get 50% of funds invested

Year 3 you get 70% of funds invested

Year 4 you get 100%
Of funds invested
100,000 + initial capital of 100,000 invested

6. Before any exchange of funds legal binding documents will be signed by both parties lawyers to adhere strictly to the rules governing the CAFAS

With this we at S.I.G believe that no complaint will come from both parties and it will be a honor doing business with you

Thanks for your understanding

Emem Paul

For
STANDARD IMPACT GROUP

(1) (Reply)

Large Scale Pig Buyers / Nigerian Army Sets Up Cattle Ranch In Abuja / Battery Cage For 120 Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.