Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional (654 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional.
Date: Sunday 14th August 2016
Author: Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome
Theme: He wants you vibrant and strong

Scriptural Reference: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 1:2).

One of the ways to improve your health is making sure you have good enough rest for your physical body, and good sleep has a role to play in this. It’s recommended to sleep for a certain number of hours every day. Although some people say, “There’re days that I sleep throughout; and then other days, I just stay awake.” That isn’t a normal lifestyle. If you’re that way, always cutting back on sleep, then you’ve got to reorder your lifestyle.

You’re not supposed to go on for several days without sleep, hoping to make up by sleeping eventually for twenty-four hours. That’s not going to work. Over time, chronic insomnia could drastically affect your health. God made day and night on purpose. Night has a cooling effect on the natural body. The biological effect of night is to cause you to sleep, to create the instincts of sleep, yet some people will still not want to give in to sleep. Such a lifestyle isn’t too good for your health, and could even impact your eyes negatively.

The Bible says, “...wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear” (Isaiah 28:12). Can you see that? He wants you to be vibrant, healthy, and strong. Therefore, He’s telling you that a good rest is a way to improve and extend your health; it’s a way to care for your physical body. Some people leave the responsibility of caring for their physical body to God; but your body is your house, and you’re the custodian of it. So, you must take care of your body.

Many get sick because they ignore simple routines like a proper rest and physical exercises. The Bible says bodily exercise profits little; it doesn’t say that it profits nothing. It’s important that you learn to keep your body healthy and strong; ensure proper hygiene, and don’t wear out your body from excessive labour. Keep your body in health, through the consistent application of the Word of God, and some basic health regimen. Make your body healthier so you can serve God better!

Prayer:
Divinity is at work in me, in every fibre of my being, every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I refuse to let sickness dominate my body, for my body is the temple of the living God, and that same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in me! I’m guided by wisdom to offer my body as a living sacrifice unto God! I live in health today, and always! Hallelujah!

www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

Further Study:
1 Cor.6:19-20
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20.For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Psalms 127:2
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 15:14-33; Psalms 99-101

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 2:19-30; Isaiah 65

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by Flexherbal(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks , OP.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 8:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Date: Monday 15th August 2016
Theme: Exercise Your Faith

Scriptural Reference:…according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

Your faith is God-given and it works. Jesus said, “...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you” (Matthew 17:20). Notice what He said: “If ye have…” because at one time, His disciples had no faith. That was when He asked them, “…how is it that ye have no faith?” (Mark 4:40). However, for us, the new creation, we were born again with faith in our spirits.

There’s no Christian that lacks faith. God gave to each one of us “the measure,” not “a measure,” of faith. He gave us all the same seed of faith, but you’re required to grow your faith and make it effective. The circumstances and the crises of life are at different levels, and require different levels of faith. There’s little faith and great faith, and then there’s weak faith and strong faith. You increase your level of faith by hearing more of God’s Word (Romans 10:17), but to improve the quality of your faith—the tensile nature—you have to exercise your faith; you have to use it.

For instance, that someone has a large body with a lot of flesh doesn’t necessarily mean the muscles are strong; you strengthen them by using and exercising them. Keep using and exercising your faith by acting on the Word; faith always works. If you acted your faith and it seemed like it didn’t work, go back to the Word and learn some more, and try again.

It’s like a child learning to walk; it gets more perfect with every step. It’ll be wrong to say of a child who’s learning to walk, “Since this child has fallen three times, I’ll never let him walk again.” The child would have to keep at it until finally, his muscles are strong enough, and that same child starts running.

Keep building and developing your faith by learning more and more of God’s Word and putting what you learn to work. Be quick to accept, believe, and do the Word. Affirm and declare the Word, irrespective of the contrary circumstances. That’s how to build strong and prevailing faith.

Prayer:
Dear Father, I rejoice in your Word that’s at work in me and building my spirit strong! I’m set on the path of life, guided by your Spirit in glory, and everlasting triumph. I live the glorious life of righteousness, dominion, grace and power, today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Matt.21:21
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Proverbs 24:10
[If] thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength [is] small.

2 Cor.4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Romans 16:1-27; Psalms 102-103

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:1-12; Isaiah 66
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 7:36am On Aug 16, 2016
Date: Tuesday 16th August 2016
Theme: Your Right to Divine Health

Scriptural Reference:Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed (1 Peter 2:24).

Sometimes, people testify about their health and say, “I really thank God for giving me health. Where would I have been if He hadn’t given me health?” They think God looks around from time to time and says to one, “I give you health,” and to another, “I seize your health.” That’s not the way God is, and that definitely isn’t the kind of God Jesus pictured for us.

In Matthew 8:16, the Bible says Jesus healed all that were sick, revealing to us that it’s not the Father’s will for anyone to be sick. Acts 10:38 says, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” The oppression came from the devil, but it was the Father who anointed Jesus to heal all who had been oppressed.

God gave you divine health because He loves you. He didn’t wait for anyone to pray for your sins to be forgiven before sending Jesus Christ to die for you; He sent Him because He loves you. In the same way, He took sickness and disease away from you and made divine healing and health your inheritance in Christ. Thus, you have a right to health, because Jesus paid for it. He died to give you divine health.

Refuse to be sick. Don’t say, “But there’re some normal sicknesses”; there’s no sickness that’s normal. How could any sickness be normal? Just because it’s common doesn’t make it normal. Otherwise, why would people try to get rid of “something that’s normal?” Your ears are normal; that’s why you haven’t tried to have them cut off. People only cut off from their bodies the abnormal things: for example, cancerous growths; not the normal ones.

God cares about you and wants you to live healthy and strong every day. 3 John 1:2 says, “…I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

Prayer:
Blessed Father, I thank you that I live healthy and strong by the Holy Spirit. Divine life is at work in me. I manifest the virtues and perfections of your righteousness, walking in the glory and dominion of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study:
Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein [shall be] forgiven [their] iniquity.

Romans 8:10-11
And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.11.But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 1:1-31 ; Psalms 104-106

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Philippians 3:13-21; Jeremiah 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 8:13am On Aug 23, 2016
Date: Tuesday 23rd August 2016
Theme: ..They Don't Count At All

Scriptural Reference: How terrible when all people speak well of you; their ancestors said the very same things about the false prophets (Luke 6:26 GNB).

God desires that every one of us be successful. And depending on your level of success, you’ll automatically become a persona non-grata to some; you’ll attract adversaries. This isn’t out of place. Never be worried, downcast, feel rejected or sad if there’re those who are against you, or those who don’t accept or approve of your success.

Actually, when you identify those who are against your success, you should be glad! The reason is that this world is so big, with a population in excess of seven billion people. Those whoare against you left everything else just to be against you; that shows you’re very important. So, get excited when you’re criticised by your adversaries.

There’s something inspiring in what T.L Osborn said several years ago; he said, “When you see a man with many or powerful or influential enemies, mark that man, for he’s going places.” How true! You measure a man’s strength, worth or value, not by his friends, but by the power of his adversaries. You measure a man’s greatness or influence, by the number or power of his enemies.

As long as you’re successful, your detractors will have you in focus. Once you’re no longer as radiant or as successful as they think, they wouldn’t care. But you don’t need to bother about them, because they don’t count. When they come out against you, they’ll stumble and fall, because the Lord is your salvation. Never give thoughts and undue considerations to Satan, and the activities of wicked and unreasonable men that seek to bring you down.

Understand this: your daily life is the fulfilment of that which has already been written. The Psalmist affirmed, “…When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell” (Psalm 27:1-2). For those who set themselves up to be your enemies, their fate is sealed: they’ll stumble and fall.

Therefore, refuse to be distracted. Focus on what you’ve been called to do. There’s no need to pray about your enemies; instead, love them as Jesus said: “…Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you” (Luke 6:27-28).

Prayer:
The peace of God garrisons my heart and mind in Christ, irrespective of the adversaries and adversities around me. My heart is stayed on the Lord who is my rock and fortress, my protection, and salvation. Now and always, I walk in victory, and in the dominion of the Word, reigning by grace through righteousness. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
Psalm 27:1-3
The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2 When the wicked, [even] mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident.

1 Corinthians 16:8-9
But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost. 9 For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and [there are] many adversaries.

Romans 8:35-37
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 8:1-13, Psalms 120-127

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:1-7, Jeremiah 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2016
Theme: See And Manifest The Glory

Scriptural Reference: Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee (Isaiah 60:1-2).

When, as a Christian, it seems like you’re under pressure at work, or there’s an unpleasant doctor’s report regarding your health, or your bank account is in red, don’t cry; don’t complain. Don’t fret or become despondent. Rather, get into your closet, and contemplate the glory of God. If it’s a financial challenge, declare that you’re the seed of Abraham. Abraham’s seed can’t be broke or poor! You’re the possessor of all things, because you’re an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ.

Times of challenges aren’t times for you to run helter-skelter, seeking help from man, no; trust in the Lord! He’s your help. If you have a financial need for example, declare, “I have all the money I require in the Name of Jesus; it comes to me by free course.” Make the declaration with faith, boldness and confidence, and it’ll be according to your word! Let nothing make you fret.

You’re called to manifest the glory of God. Despite the darkness and hardship in today’s world, you’re more than a conqueror. You’re a victor in Christ Jesus. You can never be disadvantaged. Christ in you is the hope of glory. See yourself in the glory. See yourself walking in the glory, carrying and manifesting the glory of God in your academics, in your job, health, family, finances, etc. See the glory in your life.

The Bible talks about the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow (1 Peter 1:11). Right after the sufferings of Christ, a life of glory ensued! He suffered so that you’d live in the glory. Therefore, live and walk in the light of your righteousness, victory, success, dominion, health and prosperity in Christ Jesus, and say “no” to defeat, failure, weakness and the down-life.

Prayers:
I’m what God says I am! I live and walk in the light of my righteousness and glorious life in Christ Jesus. My faith is strong and effective; I’m victorious in every circumstance, making progress and advancing all the way! All things are mine, because I’m an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. Hallelujah!

Further Study:
James 1:25
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Hebrews 13:5-6
[Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal.

Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 9:1-27, Psalms 128-134

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Colossians 2:8-15, Jeremiah 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by nwakaibe(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2016
Theme: See And Manifest The Glory

Good morning. Pls amend the date for today's devotional. You got me confused. I Gombs is doing a good job on the thread started by Mabell.
Much Love
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by snofay(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Rhapsody of Realities Devotional Study.
Date: Wednesday, 31st August, 2016.
Theme: Maintain Your Confession of The Word.
Author: Rev Dr Chris Oyakhilome {D.Sc,D.D}

Reference: When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned… (Isaiah 43:2).

When you study God’s Word, the economic problems and upheavals in the world today wouldn’t be a surprise to you. The socio-economic conditions in our world today must not dictate the circumstances of our existence. They must not control our faith in the Word of God. The Bible says those who know their God shall be strong and shall do exploits (Daniel 11:32).

As a child of God, the troubles in the world are not set against you. Your prosperity is independent of inflation, economic meltdowns and downturns. You’re not of this world. You’re the seed of Abraham. Refuse to fret or be anxious, for if you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small (Proverbs 24:10). The Lord is your strength. Remain strong in Him and in the power of His might.

Read what He says about you in the times of dryness, scarcity, and crises: “Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-cool. Glory to God! Let this be your testimony today and always, because it’s God’s Word concerning you. You’re a victor and a success in Christ Jesus, regardless of the crises and adversities in today’s world.

The darkness isn’t about to go away, for the Bible says, “...behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people”; but the scripture didn’t stop there; it continues, “…but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee” (Isaiah 60:2). In the midst of the darkness, you’ll shine brightly. Actually, the darker the night, the more brightly your light will shine. Therefore, rejoice, because the Lord your God is your prosperity. There’s no failure for you; so there’s no need to fear. Maintain your composure, and your confession of the Word.

Prayer:
Dear Father, you’re my refuge and my shield; I put my trust in you alone, knowing that in you I have life and all that I require to live triumphantly to the glory of your Name. I live above the economies and economics of this world; I’m prospering and making progress from glory to glory through the Word, and power of the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Studies:
Joshua 1:8-9
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whither soever thou goest.

Hebrews 13:5 AMP
Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

1 Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Corinthians 15:1-34, Proverbs 5-7.

2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-9, Jeremiah 17

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Is Beyond Cooking - Pastor Chris Ojigbani / Pastor Chris And Benny Hinn Again / What Is A Lost Love Spells In *~oman~usa~~australia~norway+qatar-bahrain*uk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.