Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,316 members, 7,954,273 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:50 PM

Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? (384 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings / How A Muslim Made My Sunday This Morning / Top 6 Pastors That Are Heavily Involved In Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? by Goodplace: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Dear all,
i have a job that pays less than 70k/month. its a shift job that i go daily and one day off duty usually weekday, this has made me not to be fully involved in church activities. but today my pastor called me out among others to be be a house fellowship teacher which hold every Sunday evening but obviously i will be at the office. and i don't want it to seem as if am refusing or turn away from GOD'S work. However i like to preach but if i resign from my current job what do i do? could it be that GOD is the one speaking? because sometime it do come as a flash thought that i may be a pastor but am afraid because the sacrifices that come with been a pastor is surely enormous. please advice.
Re: Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? by madridguy(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Job first.
Re: Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? by thesicilian: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
Why not do it gradually? Take up the house fellowship teaching and continue your daily job, except on Sundays. You can pay one of your coworkers to do your Sunday shifts for you, or make a written request for your off-day to be changed to Sunday. In that way you'll still have some money to pay the bills and get by, until you get a better job that doesn't require you to work on Sundays at all.
Re: Should I Resign From My Sunday Job And Fully Be Involved In Church? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
You can do both. Go to church, come in time for fellowship. Or look for a job with more flexible hour. But don't live your job without replacing it with a new one.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Devotional(sun. 21/08/2016) / The Ultimate Goal / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(wed. 24/08/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.