Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings (32289 Views)

Did You See Pepper In The Last 8 Years, Oyedepo Asks Nigerians / Catholic Bishops Invite Pope To Visit Nigeria Over Herdsmen Killings / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2018
The founder and presiding bishop of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, aka Winners’ Chapel, David Oyedepo, has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to resign over persistent Fulani militant herdsmen killings.

In a YouTube video posted by the church’s official page, the cleric made this call on Sunday at its headquarters in Ota, Ogun State.

With this development, Oyedepo has joined other notable clerics – including the Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church, Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan; and a former Archbishop of the Catholic Church in Lagos, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie – who have asked Buhari to quit his position over failure to secure the lives of Nigerians.

The cleric told his congregation that although he was not partisan, he would not be alive and not talk about the massacre of Nigerians, especially in the Middle Belt, by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

Speaking on the theme, “Enough is enough,” he said, “When I was talking in 2015, people were saying my own was too much, now everybody can see what’s happening. What has moved forward in anybody’s life? You don’t know it’s war. Why are they attacking the Christian communities? Why has nobody been arrested? I can tell you this, the authorities and the powers that be are behind them.

“I will never be partisan; Jesus got me out of it in 1984. But I will not be alive to see innocent people massacred.

“We must wake up and push this evil back. Not one of those so-called herdsmen – they are jihadists – has been brought to book till date. Herdsmen don’t shoot; they have been here all along. They are just taking cover under the herdsmen to assault innocent citizens. They wake up in the night and slice innocent children to pieces. Yet, you have a government in place. What!

“The most honourable thing for any non-performing leader to do is to resign. The most honourable thing is to resign. That’s my own for Mr President. Resign! Get out of office! Even our Islamic friends in the North are calling on him (Buhari) to resign. Because that’s the noblest thing to do. Or are we going to look at one system destroy a whole nation?”

Oyedepo also warned Nigerians against the ceding of land to the Fulani herdsmen for ranching, as proposed by the Federal Government.

He said, “I’m going to say this and I’m not going to be tired. This (Nigeria) will never be a Fulani republic. That is not our terms of agreement. It will remain a secular nation till Jesus returns. It’s not just (about) land, it’s (about) heritage.

“Forever, I stand on the fact that no government has the authority to collect land from those who own it and transfer it to another person because on the other side (presumably the north), it never happens.”

http://punchng.com/oyedepo-to-buhari-resign-get-out-of-office/

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by SenorFax(m): 5:10am On Jul 24, 2018
He's not lying, that idiot needs to comot seat and let a sensible person take over.

But the question is, who is sensible enough to replace him??

Naija presidents always come with different versions of assholes (Yar'adua excluded)

192 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 24, 2018
afonjas are just comical

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by AAlozie(m): 5:14am On Jul 24, 2018
Don't bother yourself pastor. There's an evil spirit blocking his ears

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:20am On Jul 24, 2018
My President should not mind whose ox is gored and use any means possible, military or civilian style to bring the evil politicians behind all these gruesome killings to book right now.
Bishop Oyedepo, God bless you sir as a good and respected man of God.
We love you so much Man of God.
We will relay the message straight to our PRESIDENT.
Thank you sir!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by godfatherx: 5:35am On Jul 24, 2018
We are fighting corruption...
Citizens are being massacred
Attorney General disregard court rullings
Fuel price hike despite fall in international crude oil price
Ridiculous exchange rate despite campaign promises
State House hospital, exorbitant budget, no drugs (first family can even attest to it)
Businesses collapse because of high costs of doing business
Finance Minister caught in forgery scandal, no action
And many many more...
What exactly is corruption to you?
Political opponents and critics alone?
Old man, go home and sleep mbok, please, abeg, don Allah, biko, ejo...
Mr A criticizes you, "he is a thief", Mr B says you didn't do well, "Mr B is corrupt", Mr C says you don't know what you're doing, "Mr C squandered money in his time"; Career Sycophant Mr D sings your praise, "he is reformed", conferred GCFR.
Me, Godfatherx talk my own, "I am a PDP member, wailer, 5%, yahoo boy".
Go look at my NL posts, I'm pro-good governance, irrespective of the leader's political affiliation.

192 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by divinehand2003(m): 5:37am On Jul 24, 2018
Buhari wants to be booted out of office just as his predecessor was disgraced too. Our leaders nor get ears or brains at all. They would rather wish to die in power.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by HotMario: 6:15am On Jul 24, 2018

Buhari and Adesina be like

20 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Goddex: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Buhari is Nigeria's worst
president ever

128 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Lipscomb(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Nonsense fake pastor .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Paperwhite(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2018
I recall how the same Buhari ceaselessly called for the resignation of the then late President Umaru Musa Yar'Addua & later Jonathan.

The unfortunate thing is that those sycophants that joined him in the call then now hypocritical see nothing wrong in the grossly irresponsible & incompetent Buhari under whose watch Nigeria have descend to total anarchy.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Ebimor96: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2018
benben1000:
EFCC and DSS right now...dusting Oyedepo file.

Who cares what they are frying. They will only end up, like PHARAOH and his GOONS, in the depths of the Red Sea.

Jehovah's Captain has spoken as directed in the spirit realm.

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Ebimor96: 8:59am On Jul 24, 2018
grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by millionboi2: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2018
Very annoying

Him buhari is a terrorist.

Buba Galadima case is a

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by benben1000: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2018
EFCC and DSS right now...dusting Oyedepo file.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2018
The presidency has started already with the good news this morning
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by inoki247: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2018
dey are coming for u DSS will come give u Saraki or Dino Treatment..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by iamvictorbassey: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2018
The church has the crowd to influence elections, send responsible people into government who'd steer the wheel of governance the right way.

What's the problem? Unity.

Christians are not United, Winners, redeemed, Deeper, etc. Everyone with his own supremacy.

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Iceman2017(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2018
grin
Pa Oyadepo, they are coming for you oo but we Christians are strongly behind you.
No matter their tactics, they can't islamize Nigeria.
Nigeria is for Jesus!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2018
skedman:
Ngozi okonjo-Aweala*
@ UN Sumit in Mauritania
"2019 Presidential election is fast approaching,the enemies of this nation are uniting,they are planning to come back to power and hold this country unto ransom once again.

- The media are angry,why? There is no more free money from the government.

- The Ex generals are murmuring, Why? There is no sign President Buhari will renew their oil blocks contract.

- Social cultural groups are grumbling, Why? No more Ghana must go bags of money to support Buhari.

- The Royal Fathers are shouting, Why? Buhari did not pay homage with cars and cash gifts.

- The Legislators are not cooperating, Why? No more budgets padding and bribes before passing of the budgets.

- Corrupt Religious leaders are lamenting, Why? No more shady arms contracts.

- Corrupt Civil Servants are not supportive, Why? No more corrupt practices, BVN and TSA have exposed their sharp practices.
https://www.nairaland.com/4634347/bobrisky-rocks-see-through-top
- The spoilt kids are bitter, Why? PMB has made people to understand that their parents are not that rich.

Having realized the set of people that want to set this country ablaze because of their controversial ways of living, I pray that The Almighty God should help President Muhammadu Buhari overcome all these obstacles and take Nigeria to the promised land

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE STAND WITH A MAN OF HONOR, CHARACTER AND INTEGRITY.

?

BOOM!
Oil Licence not renewable, No wonder the sudden hate from TY Danjuma, Obasanjo, etc.
Oil Bloc Licences no longer renewable
- BUHARI
One of his policy that made TY Danjuma and other corrupt Generals mad.
OBJ is crying
IBB is crying
TYD is crying
It Means Buhari Is Really Fighting For Our Future, corruption is not as usual...
51 oil licences expire.
Now OBJ & TY Danjuma's wailing will skyrocket as PMB won't sign their licences.
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS THEY ARE USING U NOT TO RE-ELECT BUHARI. THEY THINK NIGERIA IS THEIR COMPANY TO MAKE MONEY, WHILE U CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE AND SUFFER. WE WILL EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE.
ENOUGH OF THEIR FOOLISHNESS....
pls share it, needs to pass across, thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Amescoleechong(m): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2018
Oyedepo yaci buran ubansa
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by ShitHead(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Everybody should get out!!!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Engr4sure(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Hhmm you don't mean it cos you are just supporting him as a bigot�
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by sarahade(f): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Pastors should please stick to the word of God and not politics.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by Kidcarter: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Visit wakanda.ng/affiliate-regi…? ref=kidcarter get paid for reading news and make N1000 per referral View details ·
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings by smalls001: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Goddex:
Buhari is Nigeria's worst
president ever
Really?What do you do for a living

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Iginla Donates House To A Woman Living Under Tree (PIC) / Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.