Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) (1457 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Why Do We Commit Sin On A Holy Day?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by chuks34(m): 7:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Today the Catholic Church celebrates Assumption of the blessed Virgin Mary into heaven. self employed are not supposed to go to work, as it's regarded to be seen as Sunday. Now I ask how many self employed keep to this doctrine.

Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by twentysixteen(f): 7:25am On Aug 15, 2016
Holy Mary mother of God, pray for all sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Plappvillemoi(f): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2016
chuks34:
Today the Catholic Church celebrates Assumption of the blessed Virgin Mary into heaven. self employed are not supposed to go to work, as it's regarded to be seen as Sunday. Now I ask how many self employed keep to this doctrine.

Its a public holiday here in the West. No Work.

The bible call it men traditions. No biblical backup for this. The West

Mark 7:8-9 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by SSPX(m): 7:44am On Aug 15, 2016
ave maria
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Mary was just a dirty stinking sinner like everyone else who was washed by the blood of Jesus.
She already dead and is with her lord and master Jesus Christ
Your business now is to God and his son.
Accept Christ as your saviour now and be saved.
Amen
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by ValentineMary(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
chuks34:
We are ment to uphold a jewish myth at the expense of our economy. How funny.

Did u know why the white man gave us religion rather than science and tech? because they knew we could not surpass them with religion. Once u are blinded by religion u can easily be used as a tool by those in power.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by ValentineMary(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
solite3:
Mary was just a dirty stinking sinner like everyone else who was washed by the blood of Jesus.
Amen
And here is another bigot who overlooked the thousands of contradictions in his teachings to face other's.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by MattChidi(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hail Mary Full of Grace!!!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

And here is another bigot who overlooked the thousands of contradictions in his teachings to face other's.
do you know my teachings. Kindly tell me the contradictions therein
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=48496412]Mary was just a dirty stinking sinner like everyone else who was washed by the blood of Jesus.
Amen
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by ValentineMary(m): 4:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
solite3:
do you know my teachings. Kindly tell me the contradictions therein
From what u wrote above, it is enough to know that u are a christina. And I know the xtian faith.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Never you negelect this message. Only a true friend will tell you the truth.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

From what u wrote above, it is enough to know that u are a christina. And I know the xtian faith.
pls tell me about the christian faith
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by ValentineMary(m): 4:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
solite3:
pls tell me about the christian faith
It is irrational and false.
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
It is irrational and false.
how?
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Alexandro15: 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary and solite3 , please two of you should carry your dirty arguments out of this thread.

Salve Regina Angelorum!!!
Ave Maria
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
Alexandro15:
ValentineMary and solite3 , please two of you should carry your dirty arguments out of this thread.

Ave Maria
i m not arguing with anybody and I don't intend to.

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Never you negelect this message. Only a true friend will tell you the truth

U should read you bible yourself and find out the truth.
Shallum
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
Alexandro15:

Ave Maria
i m not arguing with anybody and I don't intend to.

Never you negelect this message. Only a true friend will tell you the truth

U should read your bible yourself and find out the truth.
Shallum
Re: Catholics Observe Assumption (holy Day Of Obligation) by ValentineMary(m): 2:23am On Aug 16, 2016
solite3:
how?
U guys are made to believe things like talking snakes & donkeys, virgin birth, resurrected jews, etc.

(1) (Reply)

I Bet You Did Not Know This About Saint Moses Orimolade / LIST: Real Reasons Why People Go To Church. Truth We All Know But Dont Say / Pastor Disgraces Male Crossdresser In Middle Of Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.