Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos (28480 Views)

Suntrust Bank Commissions Its First Off-site ATM / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by adebrightayo(f): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hope dey'll employ?
Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by toheebDOTcom(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
Other banks will be like... "Let's plant an undercover and see how they will survive in this kind of country, probably we will collapse our branches as well" grin

Cashless Bank, Branchless Bank

1 Like

Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by everrichy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
˙ʞsıɹ uʍo ɹnoʎ ʇɐ ɯәɥʇ ɥʇıʍ uoıʇɔɐsuɐɹʇ ʎuɐ op ɹo ɯәɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ʞuɐq

Can someone kindly explain this? I don't get.
Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by matrixme(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
989900:
Good thinking. Good to keep small money for starters.
I guess they will have only head office or regional offices only.

I did this for one of my businesses since 2013, no needless branch offices people don't visit . . . paying rents for nothing, nor redundant staff. . . online operations 75%
I'm curious. How did that work out for you? What sector is your line of business categorized and did you experience success at it?
Well, this oyinbo idea may be fantastic for Julia and co, but this is money we are talking about.
This is the same reason Mobile Money is not quite successful in Nigeria compared to other African countries. We just don't trust online platforms with our hard-earned cash. No wonder cashless policy is not in full effect till today. We would rather have an unpleasant officer to complain to than robots.
It may appeal to youths though, but not the older generation that has real value. I think GTB is introducing Bank on Wheels and other innovative 'banklet' features. We need more of such
Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by zubby55(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Trina0936:
Financial Apocalypse! That’s the only thing that can break our financial chains and save us all. Release us finally from the continuous slavery. Everything old will burn in its fire and the new will appear. The Fed will be removed from power and will no longer develop social inequality. The banks as they are now will simply disappear. They will stop robbing the people. In fact the banks do not produce anything useful. What useful can they do? Give credits at plundering interests? As a result all the population is burdened with debts.

Why do the banks get interests for the credit at all? Have you ever thought about it? Usury was always despised by all nations, and now it is legalized. Why? If a person takes a loan in the bank, then not for nothing, but to do something good, to realize some project. But he applies his efforts for the welfare of the society including bankers. Making something useful for all of us. We should encourage such people, making discounts but not collecting from them huge interests!

Nevertheless, modern banks were created for other purposes. They aren’t interested in the society but in their own goals. People aren’t important for them. Modern banks are loyal servants of the Fed, hypocritical agents, misusing the products of labor of common people. The current financial system is merely destructing us. And it will continue attacking us, and then our children and grandchildren. It will get even worse if nothing changes. We will destroy the existing financial system and build new — fair and honest! We have no other choice. We are not slaves. We are people. And we choose freedom!

And this freedom is almost here already. Now, thanks to MMM financial Apocalypse is inevitable. Unavoidable! Since now it’s just the question of time. The seed was dropped. And it would grow. It’s already growing. Right now, at this moment! It will not perish!

What does MMM stand for?

MMM is a Global Mutual Aid Fund, World people's Bank, Financial Social Network — or any definition whatsoever. The point is not in the title. The bottom line is that this is a voluntary informal association of millions and millions of people throughout the Earth, rebelled against the financial slavery, chose to declare war against the Fed and banks. (And to win this war!!) And for this aim they have consolidated their capital — even though there are small amounts, owing to a great number, that is millions of people, it's already the power. Awesome and invincible power, growing every day!

Well how do banks exist? Thanks to bankers? Billionaires? No, due to the same ordinary people who deposit their modest savings there. MMM takes the wind out of banks' sails making people see the reality. Why do the people bring their money to the banks at the exorbitant interests? Because they have no other choice. Banks are monopolists: there is no other place to bring money to. All banks are just the same, and controlled by the FED. They simply destroy ordinary people.
GH and provide help.....am on it already my marvro is growing very fast..u get 30%

1 Like

Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by Mide4: 6:27am On Aug 17, 2016
It is interesting because the job of a bank is to help the economy by giving loans....are they saying they are in business for deposits and withdrawers because you can't give a loan of 20m to a faceless person..so I guess this branchless strategy won't really work in nigeria unless you are a father Christmas

1 Like

Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by onatisi(m): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2016
coalcoal1:
I don't understand this concept
it is a fantastic innovation. And if it works many banks wil follow. What they are saying is that you may not even need to visit the bank in person to do anything once you have ur Bvn and identity. This is purely electronic. U can deposit by atm or just transfer, I am sure opening too will be electronic,just fill in the form ,input your Bvn and send any document to them,that is all.

1 Like

Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by BinaryRocks: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2016
How do you mean?
Re: SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos by ventiyk: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2016
For sponsorship and advert placement pls call: 08033875068..2bc013ad(bbm)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghanaian Traders Shut Nigerian Shops, Again / Tony Elumelu-How A Copier Salesman Turned Billionaire Banker And Entrepreneur / How To Save Money On Jumia And Konga Black Friday Deals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.