Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Differences Between Blogger And Wordpress.org - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Differences Between Blogger And Wordpress.org (358 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform / Between Blogger And Wordpress / Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Differences Between Blogger And Wordpress.org by SunFlow(m): 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
Most times, we am being asked questions pertaining to the disparity between WordPress and Blogger, why they should use WordPress instead of free blogging services like or Blogger?
This site was built with WordPress, so it is obvious that I should favor WordPress over other blogging site. In this post, I will thoroughly do a WordPress vs Blogger comparison to help you decide which one is suitable for your needs. I will cover a wide range of WordPress vs Blogger pros and cons , so you can make wise decision when it comes to Blogger vs. WordPress as an avenue for your site.

Content Ownership
Blogger is a free and reliable blogging platform provided by Google; however, it is not owned by you. Google runs the show and has the right to shut it down, or shutdown your access to it at any time. With WordPress, you are using a WordPress hosting company to host your own site. You are at liberty to decide how long you want to run it and when you want to close it down. You own all your data, and you control the in formations you share.

Dynamic Control
Blogger.com is a service with limited tools allowing you to perform tasks on your website. WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS) so you can easily tweak it to add new features. There are a whole lot of WordPress plugins allowing you to modify and tweak the default settings for example adding a forum and ecommerce to your website. When your website is for business purposes,WordPress beats blogger hands down.

Portability
Moving your site from Blogger to a different platform is a complicated task. There is a significant risk that you will lose your SEO (search engine rankings(, subscribers, and followers during the move. Even though blogger allows you to export your content, your data will stay on Google’s servers for a very long time. Using WordPress, you can move your site anywhere you want. Also if you compare WordPress vs Blogger SEO, then WordPress offers way more SEO advantages.

Security
With Blogger you have the added advantage of Google’s robust secure platform. You don’t need to worry about managing your server’s resources, securing your blog, or creating backups. WordPress is quite secure, but since it is a self hosted solution you are responsible for security and backups . There are plenty of WordPress plugins that make it easier for you.

NOTE: Please note that this comparison is between self-hosted WordPress.org and Blogger, not vs Blogger. Please see our guide on the difference between self-hosted WordPress.org vs Free blog
your comments are highly appreciated!

Source: http://xtrimlaughs.com/2016/08/30-2/

(1) (Reply)

I Can Design And Host A Blog For You Like Mine At Lesser Price / Simple Steps On How To Start A Blog / Premium Domain Suggestions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.