Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform (4882 Views)

How To Import Wordpress Blog To Blogger Platform And Blogger To Wordpress / I Need Help With My Blogger Platform / How To Make Money From Free Blogging Platform And Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by liltee123(m): 2:30am On Mar 30, 2018
I need someone to tell me convincing differences between blogger platform and wordpress platform. Their Prons and Cons

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by directonpc(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2018
In summary here you go:
Blogger
Free Hosting and very little or no downtime
Less control, themes and third-party plugins

WordPress
Control and more customizations
You pay for hosting and this might become very expensive if you have plenty traffic. You blog can become inaccessible temporarily when your hosting provider is experiencing downtime

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by matgold(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Ok
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by austinziza(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Zizicardo(f): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Following
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Ajiaj(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Waiting for answers too
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by yomalex(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2018
in simple terms

Blogger is hosted by google so you don't have to pay for hosting

Wordpress although can be hosted by wordpress but most people go for the Self-hosted version mainly because of control.

I can setup a wordpress website/blog for you and if you'll like to migrate your blogger blog to wordpress without losing traffic and rankings with all your links intact i can do that too

So send a PM or Call 080 5150 4392

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Christophorus(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2018
Ftc already
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by royalamour(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2018
WordPress theme demo editors how far?

It is very funny how these fake ass people claim to be experts and even programmers sometimes.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Doerstech(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2018
directonpc:
In summary here you go:
Blogger
Free Hosting and very little or no downtime
Less control, themes and third-party plugins

WordPress
Control and more customizations
You pay for hosting and this might become very expensive if you have plenty traffic. You blog can become inaccessible temporarily when your hosting provider is experiencing downtime

WP has a free version as well for those who love freebies

Nothing expensive about hosting and co you have many options on this one

Thirdly most hosting companies use advance technologies now downtime is minimal these days.....at the end everything boils down to what you're using and the host and domain company you sign up to....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by tstx(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2018
Folliwing
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Efeman1: 7:40am On Mar 30, 2018
Doerstech:
First thing to do is to ask Google.... that's the very first, google it....

But then you're here....

One is purely a blogging platform owns by google

the other serves all purposes ( blogging , website and co ) and its owned by all of us.

Which one will I go for?.....WordPress of cos.....many of my clients websites and companies I have worked for are on it.......

If you want to learn it or build a website for your business on it....biko call or WhatsApp me on 08095966698

Do you need a programming language skills for word press? And can you host a website built with word press on a different hosting company?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 30, 2018
Again? angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by ibkgab001: 7:42am On Mar 30, 2018
This TOPIC again ?

The diffence is Egunmogaji is a male while lalasticlala is a man. And in in between them

Thaink you

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by innocential3032(m): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2018
The different is, one is BP and the second one is WP
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Efeman1: 7:59am On Mar 30, 2018
ibkgab001:
This TOPIC again ?

The diffence is Egunmogaji is a male while lalasticlala is a man. And in in between them

Thaink you

Please if there is a tread this topic has been treated, a reference would be much welcome. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Doerstech(m): 8:15am On Mar 30, 2018
Efeman1:

Do you need a programming language skills for word press? And can you host a website built with word press on a different hosting company?

For everyone who calls his/herself a web designer or even an SEO persons needs to know how to code.

WP is built with PHP, and even minor changes requires you to know HTML and CSS. outside that we still have many WordPress web persons that don't know how to code and don't need to know to do their jobs with assorted themes, plugins and page builders its just easy.

On hosting ...you can host on different platforms including the cloud. I personally use Namecheap and have over 30 Websites there.

I didn't start out with WP as a Computer Science graduate, APTECH and General Assembly FEWD Course Alumni but few clients who insisted a build their sites with WotdPress so that they can easily manage them forced my hand......

Now I'm deep into WP and I haven't known it all yet.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by USIFO911: 8:30am On Mar 30, 2018
Don no
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by MrCuteking(m): 8:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Minodol:
ONE more Day to Go to The SINGLES EVENT HOOKUP AND HANGOUT....Live in Lagos

Get Ready!! Its almost about time! STRICTLY FOR SINGLE

Sombori will be seeing advert of fine babe here and when you go there you will see legbuke slay queens roaming everywhere like mtn
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2018
Efeman1:

Please if there is a tread this topic has been treated, a reference would be much welcome. Thanks.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nairaland+blogger+versus+Wordpress
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by lionel4power(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2018
yomalex:
in simple terms

Blogger is hosted by google so you don't have to pay for hosting

Wordpress although can be hosted by wordpress but most people go for the Self-hosted version mainly because of control.

I can setup a wordpress website/blog for you and if you'll like to migrate your blogger blog to wordpress without losing traffic and rankings with all your links intact i can do that too

So send a PM or Call 080 5150 4392
how much do you charge?

please post it here so I'll know if its worthwhile to contact you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by yomalex(m): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2018
lionel4power:

how much do you charge?

please post it here so I'll know if its worthwhile to contact you.
for what service?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by fnep2smooth(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2018
If you want to grow in your programming skills try blogger, but if you want to be paying for services you can easily do on your own try WordPress. �
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Victorakats(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2018
Learning
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by RichyRodman(m): 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2018
A Blogger Platform website is used for uploading news,gossip,sports,politics,romance etc while a Wordpress Website allows u upload and edit contents on the website easily without the consent 9f the website developer as long as the client has the Admin Username and Password of the website,WordPress websites are used by newspaper houses like Vanguardng.com or Guardian then Channels TV website is a WordPress too,though other companies can use a WordPress platform too and a WordPress website brings about a clean modern website due to the WordPress is a modern software.

Below are a few of over 100 websites I've done in 10 years,some are on Wordpress Platform some are static as clients want it while some are JQUERY and Dreamweaver Website Development software but the lower the price,the fewer the years subscription online,it wont reduce the quality of design. Beneth some of the websites u would see site by zentascommunication Ltd that's my company culled from my surname Eloka Charles Ezenta

CEO Zentascommunication Ltd

www.redstaroilandgas.com Subsidiary Of M.R.S Oil And
Gas (Former Texaco PLC)
Tenure: 2009-2021
Amount: N250,000

Www.centrica.com
Liquified Natural Gas Exporter
Tenure: 2012-2021
Amount: $500

www.incredibleprintsng.com
Modern Printing Press based in lagos
Tenure: 2017-2019
Amount: N80,000

Www.ziezix360.com
Lekki based I.T. company
Tenure: 2017-2019
Amount: N120,000

Www.echospringhotel.com
Lagos based 2 star Hotel
Tenure: 2011-2018
Amount: N150,000

www.cheld.org
Blog on health
Tenure: 2010-2020

www.melconnig.com Nigeria's Largest
Indigenous Engineering Company for Engnr. Charles Mbelede
Tenure: 2010-2021
Amount: $2,000

Www.x-caliburlogistics.com
Trade Financing and Logistics subsidiary of FCMB
Tenure: 2015-2019
Amount: N200, 000

www.lawyersinoilandgas.com Oil and Gas Lawyers
Tenure: 2011-2017

www.bcmsolicitors.com Criminal Lawyers for Bobby Chinedu Moore
Tenure: 2010-2018

www.Lihamschools.com.ng Nursery/Primary Schools
Tenure:2012-2020
Amount N200,000

www.prinshabekevents.com V/I Lekki based Events decorator/Wedding planner Tenure: 2012-2017
Amount: N70,000

www.jenstanrecords.com Entertainment/Artistes
Management Company
Tenure: 2012-2017

www.megatrustinsurance.com Insurance Company for Meg Moore
Tenure 2010-2017
Amount: N70,000

Www. Zikmodgroup.com
Security and Protection Services
Tenure: 2013- 2019

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by tuhamworld: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2018
Blogger Pros

1. Little or No Downtime
2. Highly Secured
3. Inexpensive
4. Lot of Themes [highly customizable]
5. Premium themes

Blogger cons
1. Not suitable for e-commerce
2. Doesn't support membership site

WordPress pros
1. Robust
2. Very suitable for e-commerce and membership site
3. Mostly used by big sites
4. Easier to customise using plugins
5. Lot of eextensions

WordPress cons
1. expensive
2. You might experience downtime

NOTE: Wordpress used in this case is the Self-Hosted one

Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Nizguy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
yomalex:
for what service?

Pls how can sum1 get hosted and how much is the lest for hosting
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by Sarkariplace: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2018
Blogger platform :
Blogger Platform Is Free And Hosted by Google. you can customize your blog in blogger if you know XML and HTML/CSS language
Wordpress Platform :
Wordpress.org is the free and open source but you need to host your site. you can customize your site in a professional way
Blogger Vs Wordpress (Sarkariplace.Com)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform by wethebest(m): 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
royalamour:
WordPress theme demo editors how far?

It is very funny how these fake ass people claim to be experts and even programmers sometimes.

my same thought exactly. they feel cox they can install wordpress with diff themes makes dem programers. i can't count d number of wordpress sites i have hacked recently nd i will jst be smh for d so called web designer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 25 Most Visited Sites In Nigeria, November 2012 / Please Who Has Heard Of Or Used Phpfox Here?? / MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. Download All These POWERFUL 33 Items Now........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.