Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Religion Is Not Your Problem Africans, This Is Your Problem. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion Is Not Your Problem Africans, This Is Your Problem. (619 Views)

Which One Of These Solves Your Problem(s) Faster.. / Why Religion Is Never Our Problem / Why Religion Is Never Our Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Is Not Your Problem Africans, This Is Your Problem. by Esdb3: 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
The problem of Africa is not religion like some of our atheistic friends will have us believe(that is why I regard them as confused). The problem of Africans is dim-wittedness, greed,hypocrisy,selfishness and cowardice and the lack of understanding of what patriotism means et cetra. In your minds, you want to yell "No! We have brilliant Sicentists! The Hausa people can kill without blinking twice.'
If this is what is going on in your mind, then I am afraid we are really dull in this part of the world.

See when I call us dim-wits, I don't our mathematical ability. I mean our inability to think and solve our problems. In fact, our inability to deduce our problems is a screamer! Like an atheist who would lead you to believe being religious is your problem. Our constitution doesn't quote verses from the bible neither from the quran. Our laws are based on logical moral thinking not on religion except in places where sharia is the way.[A place that will forever house dullards. You know where. (Hint: a place in Nigeria)]. So why would a man tell you your problem is Religion? Simple. He is dull!

If religion was your problem the way it is a problem in Saudi Arabia, you would have to practice it as them. Your laws would be scriptures and your constitution would be any of the books called 'the holy book'. Your Problem, one of THEM, is hypocrisy! Your Governors, Presidents rulers generally, are hypocrites. For example, the bible condemns fornication and party spirit. I don't need to remind us how our senators frequent runs girls and drinking to stupor. That same senator will go to church on Sunday or the mosque on Friday whichever he favours. Has he obeyed his RELIGIOUS command? Let's see firstly how following his religion would have helped or marred him politically. Bad Politics is why we are in problems.

Senator Fish.

The Religious command - "Don't fornicate or drink to stupor".

If he obeys - Obeying the command is not getting a big booty, perky bosoms(breasts), fresh laps and beautiful runs girl. Which if he did, he would have to pay the girl what she wants, to give him what he wants. If the senator who is probably married, likes her and wants to keep it going, she might assume the role of a gf. That will increase demands, and burden our(the citizens' money). The girl might want a range rover, a house and probably an i-phone 6+ which goes for over 300k now btw. Senator Fish would then turn to whatever is allocated to him to better the life of his country men to 'GET WHAT he Needs.' Which highlights another problem -'GREED'. If the senator is really greedy, he'll get another runs girl with even more arse and who's got whatever else in better quantity. Lads and Kittens, Senator Fish might end up spending more than 50 million naira on runs girls who he will occasionally take to clubs where he'll buy expensive drinks and most probably drink himself to stupor and fornicate afterwards with the risk of getting HIV and transmitting it to his wife and yet to be born kids which will further increase the strain on our country budgets.

If he doesn't obey - I don't think I have to highlight what will happen if he doesn't obey the command lol.

Some Atheists highlight the money Nigerians pump into churches and mosques as an evidence of how religion is ruining us.

Let me put one thing out there- the church and mosque are the two places people give money voluntary. Your taxes are not voluntary, but you pay them to ensure your country runs but we all know what happens to it. Dim-wittedness is still anyway why a man that earns a meagre 10k will pay tithe to church WITH A SENSE of DUTY when he does. I am not rubbishing paying tithes but the bible verse that commands it states that one-tenth of your harvest. 10k is barely an harvest and if you read deep you'll see they(the people of Israel) made big harvests.

On cowardice - How many of us are ready to protest the recent rubbish the government has been doing. Why are we not protesting Bukola's stay as the senate president? Why are we still going to work to pay taxes that will be looted instead of carrying placards and hitting the streets? I think I can answer. Because We are Cowards! We are afraid of getting shot! Or losing our jobs! Which in another perspective is really a right thing to do because you other Nigerian brother won't care if you lose your job or boy-cot his to help you get yours back because he doesn't want to lose his because his Nigerian Boss is a selfish bastard!

Thanks.
Re: Religion Is Not Your Problem Africans, This Is Your Problem. by Incrizz(f): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
I don't think it's because we are cowards, I think it's because there is no MOBILISATION. There is no one to lead that cause. The youths are angry, but there needs to be a leader who can sell his vision of emancipation so passionately that every disgrunted soul around the country will rise up and line up for the cause risking their lives!
From your writeup, I sense you are quite dissatisfied with the state of things but unless you rise up and passionately sell that which you are willing to die for in a way the people can sense your commitment to the cause, it's all talk.
There must be a "Centre"; a leader with winning strategies, that the people can see before they can act "bravely". There has to be a leader; someone who can harness the abounding angry energy and give direction!

You remember Occupy Nigeria?
Kanu has the Igbo peeps solidly behind him for a reason. Right now, he is providing leadership. He's passion can be felt. He is wiling to die for a cause he believes. In Can you do that? As per, be so passionate that you speak out risking jail and your life?
People sense these things...

Speeches like yours should focus more on motivating individals who are unhappy, or angry or dissatisfied, to leverage on that energy and be champions of The Cause -whatever it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is This What Today's Eclipse Going To Look Like? / Woman Who Have Sex Atleast 10 Times A Day / Mods, Is This Okay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.