Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? (729 Views)

6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict / Husband Pounding Yam As Wife Makes Up (Photo) / When Your Husband insist On Pounded Yam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 16, 2016
Hello guys! I am thinking of embarking on a programme with the help of someone else to develop a simple tech that can help to make pounded yam but first, i have to know how economically viable it would be. You guys can help me out here.

First of all, apart from people in Benue and maybe Ekiti state, i don't know if it is a cultural thing for other Nigerians and Africans to eat pounded yam as their first choice of food. I know for sure that no Nigerian, wether from Benue or Ekiti or not, would reject it if you serve him pounded yam; infact, he will appreciate it so well. But if the people from Benue and Ekiti are the only market, do you think such a venture would be economically viable?

Even if Benue and Ekiti people are the only regular consumers of Pounded Yam, do you think the introduction of a machine to pound yam would further promote and entrench the culture of eating pounded yam among other people? (i am actually thinking the only reason other people don't eat it very often is because they don't want to go through the stress of pounding). So i'm ask you who is reading this: will a technology that can save you that stress make you want to eat pounded yam more?

Will the existence of Poundo Yam (a new product to make the preparation easier by preparing it differently) reduce the need for or make this kind of technology totally unnecessary and irrelevant?

To make this tech more relevant, can we try to make sure it also helps to pound Akpu (Fufu, in Yoruba)? I know the Yoruba people don't prepare fufu the same way Igbo prepare Akpu even though they are the same food only different names due to language difference.

If you are Igbo, would you like to have a home appliance that can help you pound Akpu easier and faster. As a Yoruba man or woman, would you change your style of preparing fufu from turning over the cooker to pounding?

Pls you guys should help me here. I need to take feedbacks to the person who's going to help me.

Also mod, pls take this thread to the front page.
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Seun(m): 4:48am On Aug 16, 2016
There are many pounding machines in the market, actually. For example, these ones. How will yours be different?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 16, 2016
Seun has said it, do you have plans to make it different from the ones in the market?

1 Like

Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by KillerBeauty(f): 6:43am On Aug 16, 2016
The tech already exist now. Or u want to invent another different one

1 Like

Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
There are many pounding machines in the market, actually. For example, these ones. How will yours be different?
oh, really? I never knew!

1 Like

Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:

Can i see how it looks like?
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by RobinHez(m): 8:48am On Aug 16, 2016
Eiya... grin
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
RobinHez:
Eiya... grin
why eiyah? Lol
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by misspicy(f): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
craziebone:
Can i see how it looks like?
Just google yam pounder cool

www.peakyampounder.com/
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:

i never knew that. Anyway, it shows Nigerians are begining to think.

We actually had this idea in the early 2000s back in sec school, me and my friends. It was the reaso i wanted to study engr at the university. In the end, i had to study phy edu.

Is it a Nigerian inovation, the machine?

I guess i have to look around more to find needs people would like to have a tech to meet.
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
misspicy:
Just google yam pounder cool

www.peakyampounder.com/
thanks, i've seen other types too.
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Seun:
you may want to see this. https://www.nairaland.com/3033914/making-nairaland-better-seun-here
Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by rebella(f): 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
Yam pounder aren't new they've been around for over 30 years. They were initially manufactured by National before they went under.

1 Like

Re: Pounded Yam: How Viable Will A Tech To Pound It Be? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
rebella:
Yam pounder aren't new they've been around for over 30 years. They were initially manufactured by National before they went under.
like i said, i never knew. I pounded yam all my teenage years.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Did This? (PHOTO) / Kylie Jenner Is Pregnant, Rapper Travis Scott Is Responsible / Family Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.