Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! (527 Views)

Don't Follow Your Heart / Help!!!! Can God Ever Forgive Me. I'm A Bad Person.. / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! by dharmielol(f): 8:11am On Aug 16, 2016
I was in a cab few days ago and I saw a sticker at the back screen of a Toyota Jeep which reads “don’t follow me, I’m lost too.” Looking at the driver of the car, not sure of his religion but has a crucifix hung on to the inner mirror. Unfortunately, this is the state of the world of many Christians. They preach what they don’t do. Their act is totally different from their words.

We are living in the midst of the people who are in a state of spiritual darkness. As a Christian, we should be a role model for others. We have been made the light of this world, (Matt. 5:14). We have become the transmitters of light. We should allow our lights to shine for others and the unbelievers to see because, they are in darkness.

Let them see your good works

‘’Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven’’ (Matt. 5:16). Let them see how we love even when we’re treated unfairly. “But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you (Matt 5:44). Let them see how we’re kind and generous in situations of favouritism and injustice. Let’s not forget to show how we’re patient and self-controlled in the midst of irritation and inefficiency.

We should live a life that will influence them positively and bring them to asking us how we are making it and how we are doing fine at our chosen career. Even though it seems the unbelievers don’t care, they are always watching us. Allowing our lives to influence them can lead them to finding Christ.

Many times, sharing tracts and doing early morning cries are not enough to bring people to Christ. In fact, people just throw the tracts away after you’ve given it to them. So, many times, our lives are like banners, fliers and posters that will attract them to Christ.

Have a great day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! by dharmielol(f): 8:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Good morning
Re: Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! by HCpaul(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2016
But the man is still honest when compared to a man that said 'wait for me while I will never return '

(1) (Reply)

5 Household Chores With Spiritual Benefits / Who Is The Real Sinner? / The Catholic Image Of Mother Mary And Idolatry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.