Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? (800 Views)

The End Of Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) By Network Providers / Why Does Glo Network Keep Disappearing? / Glo Bis 3gb For 1k Code Changed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Good morning,

Apparently, my BlackBerry Q5 has decided to stop functioning properly. I'm currently on a 3GB Monthly plan (Glo). Is it possible to use this plan on an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3)?

I called Glo Customer Care, I explained this to them. The lady said "Buy another phone, the issue isn't from Glo. You can't use a BlackBerry plan on an Android phone". I tried it, and it seems to work just fine on the Samsung, but I have no idea what the Data usage would be like. I wouldn't want to use up 3GB in 2 days (You know how Android is).

Is there anything else I could do?
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by prinsam30: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Good morning,

Apparently, my BlackBerry Q5 has decided to stop functioning properly. I'm currently on a 3GB Monthly plan (Glo). Is it possible to use this plan on an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3)?

I called Glo Customer Care, I explained this to them. The lady said "Buy another phone, the issue isn't from Glo. You can't use a BlackBerry plan on an Android phone". I tried it, and it seems to work just fine on the Samsung, but I have no idea what the Data usage would be like. I wouldn't want to use up 3GB in 2 days (You know how Android is).

install opera Max and thank me later
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2016
prinsam30:

install opera Max and thank me later

What is Opera Max?
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by prinsam30: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

What is Opera Max?

it's an app to monitor your data consumption, restriction of other apps using your data, either at the background or foreground of your phone.

when you install it, open and go to settings, Tap App management in the main menu to customize each app's behavior and fine tune your phone's data consumption.

In the SAVINGS tab, tap an app from the list on the left to turn off Opera Max savings and prevent your traffic from being compressed by Opera servers. When Opera Max savings is blocked, the app will receive the full data load intended from its developers. You will no longer see any data savings from this app. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock Opera Max savings.

In the MOBILE tab, tap an app from the list on the left to block it from accessing mobile data. Blocking apps from accessing mobile data may prevent apps from consuming data without your knowledge–for example during background updates or stalled actions that began on a Wi-Fi connection–and may extend your phone's battery life. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock it.

In the WI-FI tab, tap an app from the list on the left to block it from accessing data through a Wi-Fi connection. Blocking apps from sending and receiving background requests over a Wi-Fi connection may extend your phone's battery life. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock it.

Hope you understand now

2 Likes

Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2016
prinsam30:

it's an app to monitor your data consumption, restriction of other apps using your data, either at the background or foreground of your phone.

when you install it, open and go to settings, Tap App management in the main menu to customize each app's behavior and fine tune your phone's data consumption.

In the SAVINGS tab, tap an app from the list on the left to turn off Opera Max savings and prevent your traffic from being compressed by Opera servers. When Opera Max savings is blocked, the app will receive the full data load intended from its developers. You will no longer see any data savings from this app. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock Opera Max savings.

In the MOBILE tab, tap an app from the list on the left to block it from accessing mobile data. Blocking apps from accessing mobile data may prevent apps from consuming data without your knowledge–for example during background updates or stalled actions that began on a Wi-Fi connection–and may extend your phone's battery life. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock it.

In the WI-FI tab, tap an app from the list on the left to block it from accessing data through a Wi-Fi connection. Blocking apps from sending and receiving background requests over a Wi-Fi connection may extend your phone's battery life. Tap an app from the list on the right to unblock it.

Hope you understand now

Wow. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your assistance. I would try it.
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by prinsam30: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Wow. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your assistance. I would try it.

ur welcome my lady
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by TamedWolf90: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Good morning,

You sent me a mail....
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2016
TamedWolf90:

You sent me a mail....

Yes
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by TamedWolf90: 11:34am On Oct 25, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Yes

Ok...I can't reply it due to network issues... What's up with you? How have you been? Saw the place you tagged me a pest..that was so uncool
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Ok...I can't reply it due to network issues... What's up with you? How have you been? Saw the place you tagged me a pest..that was so uncool

I'm sorry sad
Re: Does Glo BIS Work On Android Phones? by TamedWolf90: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
LadyMercedes:

I'm sorry sad

All is well...... Do takia of you...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video of How iPhone 7 Disgraced Samsung Galaxy Note 7 in Speed Test / Nokia D1c Smartphone Will Arrive In Two Versions,specs Leak / Hello U Can Top Up Ur Phone credit With This Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.