Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

#EkitiCorper......Who Is A GRADUATE??? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / #EkitiCorper......Who Is A GRADUATE??? (1192 Views)

Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / Photo Of The Day: Read This Post And Tell Me If She Is A Graduate / See What A Graduate posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#EkitiCorper......Who Is A GRADUATE??? by paulstrings(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
*Who is a graduate?*

Just now, back from Editorial CDS – a home of intellectuals and abode of intelligent editors who are writers and thinkers.

Yes! I stepped out of the pavilion with a friend and a writer whose ink never run dry to hop on a motorcycle which we did after series of price-reduction oriented augment.

We successfully brought down the price to #100 from #200…winks. Don’t mind where we are going.

My friend and I were discussing as usual when we heard the bike man said ‘I graduated from school 7 years ago and I served in …. ’

I was walloped in annoyance, unhappiness and reduction. I hated his dressing…suffering from lack of financial acumen? I thought!

Why won’t he? Why biking? He is not a graduate? I thought he had served too. I asked myself these questions.

I was calamitous when I recollected that 80% of bike men I had met since I commenced my youth service were graduates and even shared some of their experiences with me when they were serving as corps member.

Note that it is not wrong to be a bike man…I have heard of a graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University, who was a taxi driver for a period of two years after school and later retired and built a reputable life for himself and relatives. But, when you see a poor man, you will definitely identify poverty with him. This is the case with these ‘schooled’ bike men I had met.

OK! Do you know the first bike man we met was putting on a corper’s jungle boot like ours and was rough, unlike us though…

So who is a graduate?

According to the Encarta Dictionary, is a holder of degree; somebody who has obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college, university, or other higher educational institution.

Frankly Speaking, we need more than holders of degree…we need people that can create jobs for themselves irrespective of their excuses, as long as the government is not doing enough to provide jobs for all and sundry. We need graduates who can fend for themselves, families and society even when the going gets tough. We need creative graduates who can break traditional trends and nominal terminals. We need graduates that can break the box and allow others to see through the sea. We need graduates that can make other graduates proud and tell the society that being a graduate is not a curse. We need intelligent graduates that can survive in all situations and can turn their book knowledge around for money.

Being a graduate is not a curse! I am a proud graduate!

Loving you is not an option! *You can do well to get a copy of my latest eBook – Start With What You Have*

#DiaryofanEkitiKorper

Ifetife Photo credit: bbc.co.uk

visit us at [url]corperdiary.com[/url] for more NYSC Experiences

(1) (Reply)

A+ / Cheap Means Of Information Dissemination By NYSC CDS Groups, Fellowships And CLO / For Corps Members Interested In Network Technician Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.