Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents (52121 Views)

Ejiro Onobrakpor: "My Mother, A Foodseller In Ajegunle Now Lives In America" / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / The Skeleton Of A Bus That Burnt In Lagos, Ajegunle Bus Stop (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by sinola(m): 9:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
make una dey ready for increment of house rent next year
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by sinola(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
damton:

Ota pia pia

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by sinola(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abraham4christ:
And where is the small london.

honestly,what i can see here is den of robbers

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by hub: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abraham4christ:
And where is the small london.
You will only appreciate it if you know how it was before.
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Seun(m): 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
hakeem4:
I'd have been first to comment, but I had to read all those nairaland rules

I've been on nairaland for almost 3 years and I'm just noticing that nairaland doesn't have rule 17

Is it that seun deliberately did it or he doesn't know 123
www.nairaland.com/1284692/striking-down-rule-17

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Ayo25: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ridwan1821:
I stay in Ajegunle and I've neva heard of any street named Molade in Ajegunle.
What part of Ajegunle do you stay and how well do you know your way around Ajegunle? Molade Street used to be Swamp Street. That name 'Swamp' suggests a lot about the former state of the road. It used to be a terrible place before the rehabilitation, more like a dumpsite. Molade Street is very close to Wilmer Bus Stop along Kirikiri Road. So you can do your research.

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by kherlly(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
wait oooo... Im yet to view the pic well . . . That black jeep no be say someone dey push am for back?
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Micheezy7(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Formerly the name of the street was Swamp Str. Now Molade Str.

Thanks to the the government that street was nothing to write about back then..
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Micheezy7(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Micheezy7(m): 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
If yhu stay arnd Wilmer Crescent Or KiriKiri Road Yhu Should Knw Molade Strt Beside Osho-Drive
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by lordkhalifa(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
I can't see any small London... some one should help me with my glasses
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by SWORD419(m): 10:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
i was expecting yo see somein like kwankwasiyya city or bandirawo or amana etc but all am seeing are poor traders selling toilet rolls, na only shiit the feofle in zis kwamunity sabi ko
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Gerrard59(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
Poorly constructed roads with street light beaming yellow light, refuse everywhere, no assigned parking lanes, pedestrian track will be used for selling. I'm sure they haven't seen light for 1 week. My country people and their over-rated sense of development.

Small London ko, big Landen ni.

2 Likes

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Revolva(m): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
grin grin grin haa this is wilmer olodi apapa area of AJ dis is next to my street na...wow...dats bros with helmet i know him ...weller...even the man below is my friends father lol...wow......hahha i cant laugh i will show dis thread to him
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by bobogee007(m): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
ETILA100:
if e beter for evryman ohh evrywoman evrybody ajegunle e no go dey......

No be wetin him talk be that.
Ajibole (thief) no go dey

oritsefemi
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by jordinsparkles(f): 12:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Rossikki:
You deserve two slaps for that question..
my friend shut up! And sit down. What is wrong in the question he asked. Be doing like ewu!

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Ridwan1821: 12:04am On Aug 17, 2016
Ayo25:
What part of Ajegunle do you stay and how well do you know your way around Ajegunle? Molade Street used to be Swamp Street. That name 'Swamp' suggests a lot about the former state of the road. It used to be a terrible place before the rehabilitation, more like a dumpsite. Molade Street is very close to Wilmer Bus Stop along Kirikiri Road. So you can do your research.
Thanks for d into. I used to knw d street as swamp street.. I stay around Tolu and maybe that was d reason y I do not knw that d street is also called molade street.
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Rossikki: 12:10am On Aug 17, 2016
Folzye:

I want to ask the same question , where is the small london? But b4 u attempt to slap, prove to me where London is else get ready to face the queen of England and tell her your street with archaic buildings and grace C tarred roads compares with the London standard.... Even VI no fit claim small London with confidence

My friend sharrap there... There are places in London I will take you, and you will be screaming for that VI.
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Ayplaza(m): 12:48am On Aug 17, 2016
You deserve two slaps for that question.. [/quote]

It's four slaps actually, not two. ... lol
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by tohpahz(f): 1:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Odunharry:
tohpahz

Wanted mentioning u earlier sef. grin

Is that swamp. shocked
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Nathkem01(m): 1:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Is that d small London??
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by otokx(m): 2:24am On Aug 17, 2016
Quite embarrassing but shows the mentality of the people and the level of suffering.
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Folzye(m): 4:56am On Aug 17, 2016
Rossikki:

My friend sharrap there... There are places in London I will take you, and you will be screaming for that VI.

Replying you harshly will be regarded as a waste of intelligence, but i still want to give you the benefit of doubt, maybe you are not as stupid as i think right now, when u find that place in "London" that VI rates better, u can mention me again.. Until then i still tag you stupid
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by xreal: 4:56am On Aug 17, 2016
hakeem4:
I'd have been first to comment, but I had to read all those nairaland rules

I've been on nairaland for almost 3 years and I'm just noticing that nairaland doesn't have rule 17

Is it that seun deliberately did it or he doesn't know 123

Guys! You dey observant.

I don't think I ever took note of that.

1 Like

Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by 9jatatafo(m): 6:14am On Aug 17, 2016
Wale e show? E never show!! O ti clear. O ti clear. Clear wo.
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Harvard13(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2016
Ayo25:
IN This Vaux Pop carried out at Molade (Swamp) Street by Wunmi Akolade and Nuru Adediran, the joyful residents commended Bam Darley Nigeria Limited the contracting company that handled the project.

However, from their comments it was pretty obvious that they really don’t know how the project came about. We informed them that Molade Street is one of the 114 road projects in Governor Ambode’s dream for a new Lagos.

However, the fund emanated from the local government. Ambode have the credit of encouraging compulsory saving by the local governments, it was such saving that made block fund available. Such encouraged the making of the mega roads.

As at this day, there are 114 roads like Molade Street in Lagos State.

-Jim Suleman

Molade Small London – IGNATIUS

I have been living here for several years. The road was so bad and people laughed at us for staying on this Molade Street. But now see how beautiful our road is, people are very happy about it.

If you come to this place at night, it is a beautiful spectacle. You will think you are in a small London, because, the Street lights are working. Although, light is on most Lagos Streets, so what we want now is water. I wish we have water too here.

Now that the road is good, the PSP for refuse collection should now come here to do what they ought to do.

This are minor things the common man expects from the government, so if we see such we will keep praying for the government.

The Press Also Tried – DAVID

The condition of Molade Street was too bad before this renovation, we thanked God for it. And you, the press have done a marvelous job. Today, we walk freely on Molade Street without any flood; it is really okay here now.

My next expectation from the government is to help some jobless youths. As at now some compounds on the street need renovation to compliment the beauty of the road.

Molade Street, a Dream Come True – JOHN OWUNAFA

I was born on this Molade Street, so I can tell you the history of this street. What I see now as new Molade is a dream I never thought will come true.

Formerly, when you talk of Swamp Street now Molade Street, people will laugh because the street was so bad, so dirty and with a rainfall you can’t pass through it. People’s compounds get flooded. I can’t believe I am alive to see what I am seeing today. I thank God for making the government to remember our street.

But they need to do more jobs in the local government area. Our present expectation from the state government is a transformer, because as we speak we are on a one-day on and one-day off electricity supply. Presently, about four streets share the same transformer which is located at Ohikere Junction. We also seriously need water.

Residents Should Maintain It – MRS. HELEN ONUMA

The condition of our street was worst that bikes, buses don’t come to our street, but now you can see bikes and traders operating freely. You have to agree with me that the difference is very clear. The government did great work here; I just prayed that those staying here will maintain the road so that it will be okay for everybody using it.

My expectation from the government is constant electricity. They have done the road, it is beautiful. I pray that God will make them continue the good work.

They Did Drainage since 2009 – MR. ADEOTI

We are grateful to God that the drainage they did since 2009 was eventually complimented with a standard road in 2016. We glorifY God that Gov. Ambode remembered our road.

What we expect now is not much; at least we now have a good road with street lights. The present electricity transformer is not adequate for four streets, they should provide us one to compliment our small London.

One Transformer for Four Streets – OLUSEGUN

He spoke in Yoruba and explained that the road was not fine in the past, but is now a beautiful place. He commended the Bam Darley Company for doing a good job. Flood was disturbing us, if we had the photo you would have understood what we suffered. The contractor tried for us, the generator powering the street lightshas been very effective.

We are suffering from lack of electricity. Molade, Ben Oyeka, Ohikere and John Okorie Streets are making use of one transformer. This is not ideal.

Everybody is Happy – BROTHER NNAMDI

I am a new tenant on this street but what I heard was the street used to be very bad. But it is now a good thing that the local government intervened. They did a lot. This place is now like London. Now Molade Street can be counted among the mega streets in Lagos State. Everybody is happy, if the local government continues with such good works, if nobody rewards them, God will reward them since everybody is happy. I can say I am one of the luckiest person to meet this fine development, because even at nights, I don’t need to worry if I have a generator or not. See the light shining on my shop, people come to buy some things here because there is light here.

So you can see that Lagos is working.

We Are Grateful to Them – IYA MARIAM

Iya Mariam who spoke in Yoruba said the area was too rough, flood everywhere once it rains. The government made us happy with the completed rehabilitation of our street. We are grateful to them.

What we now need is frequent electricity.

I Believed it is Work in Progress – LIZZY

Before now the situation of the road was so bad, especially during the rainy season. I believed it is work in progress, I also believed it will be fine, because the street is getting better already. We now have a good road with street lights.

We Will Connect the Drainages – AGBOLATIDE

I am a part of the company handling the project. The road was in a very bad shape but we came in and converted it into a mega road. As you pass through, you surely will find that the road is interlocked, the drainage covered, if you come here at nights, the place is glittering.

What is left to be done now is to connect the drainages.

http://thecommonersnewspaper.com/2016/08/15/molade-street-now-a-small-london-residents/
Mods please let us appreciate the Lagos State Government

still looking for london oh...abi na d street resemble london or na d men??
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Phaytte(f): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2016
these things were done by Fashola...
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by hellen93o(f): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=Rossikki post=48536757]You deserve two slaps for that question.. And Y will u slap him /her,,, is d interlock d small London?
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by iLovenaijabet: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2016
small london kur big america ni...naijabet man is moving on
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Odunharry(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
tohpahz:

Wanted mentioning u earlier sef. grin
Is that swamp. shocked
Sure now.. U no remember the street again ni??
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by tohpahz(f): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Odunharry:

Sure now.. U no remember the street again ni??

I remember am nw oo. Dat day i was looking at u nd not d street, dats y i ddnt notice d remarkable difference. cheesy
Re: Molade Street Ajegunle, Now A Small London -residents by Odunharry(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
tohpahz:

I remember am nw oo. Dat day i was looking at u nd not d street, dats y i ddnt notice d remarkable difference. cheesy
Lmao.. Na the street u wan look before..??
Jokes apart, the street don fine small. light de fuvk the street up.

How's ur day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Girl Rides Bicycle From Morocco To Lagos, Recounts Ordeals / Man Who Survived This Terrible Accident Thanks God / Citizens Of Different Countries Show Bad Roads Where They Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.