Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos (23875 Views)

Lady Came To Kill Man Who Dumped Her With Charm In Lagos, Strips Unclad (Photos) / Man "Trying To Plant Charm" In A Man's House Caught & Stripped Unclad In Imo / Woman Accused Of Trying To Bury Charm In Another Person's Compound In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by oskaaay(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
AngelJazz:
Wonders shall never end

Indeed it will never end
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by oglalasioux(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
Black Africa will be better off if juju, charm, shrine, grotto, are all banned and destroyed and their practisers prosecuted. We've used these things to inflict too much injury in one another.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
I thought charms werent recognised under d law?
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by stchinedu: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

witchcraft and wizadry are punishable offences in the nigerian constitution

Yet we have "National Association of Witches and Wizards" in Nigeria, publicly announcing their activities. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by mecussey(m): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

So we learned two things here today.

(1)Juju do not work.

(2)It is actually an offence to possess juju in Nigeria.

Now my question is,why are the Herbalist preparing the Juju not been arrested?or should Government make Juju illegal.

My bro...i didnt care to read that story but, I already asked why? We have juju men everywhere and 9ja is not saying anything abt it. Honestly, africa is fukked...until oyibo make sth out of it, we will not value it or say or do anything abt it. Myopic africa
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by lordkhalifa(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
name checkers association of nairaland Ogun branch please do the needful grin babarowa don fail this one grin cheesy
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by baby124: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
This is infringing on his right to religion. If a Christian can carry bible, a Muslim can carry Quran, a traditionalist can carry charms. Afterall they are all valid religions in Nigeria, and all three items are seen as items of protection. That young man should get a lawyer or traditionalists need to raise money for him to sue that stupid court to extinction. Nonsense.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Zetra(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

So we learned two things here today.

(1)Juju do not work.

(2)It is actually an offence to possess juju in Nigeria.

Now my question is,why are the Herbalist preparing the Juju not been arrested?or should Government make Juju illegal.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by bejeria101(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
He is a charmer lol dat one a crime.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
HMZi:
HEY KIDDO,you dnt get what Mynd44 is saying,read again!

Hey GRANDPA, I read it again, I don't get what he's trying to say.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 11:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dreamwaker:

The Bible doesn't cause any one harm
And charms do?

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Since when is juju a crime in Nigeria?

Smh, if only that man will sue.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by ayindejimmy(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

And we had Association of Wizards and Witchcraft endorsing the reelection of a president in this country ?
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
freecocoa:
And charms do?

Charms can be diabolical.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Charms can be diabolical.
What does that even mean?

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by theadvocatus(m): 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
so it's an offence to be charming
except charm means juju tho.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
freecocoa:
What does that even mean?

They can be used to cause harm. What harm can The Bible do?
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Jobabori(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
The police that arrested him, the DPO of the station, the Prosecutor and even the judge are more likely to have more charms than the suspects. Most Nigerians believe in potency of juju as not all charms are used for negative purposes. The spate of kidnapping rampant nowadays may be responsible for the police action of arresting him. Criminals do use bad charms in their nefarious activities. Though possession of charms is not a crime yet we should not allowed those suspected of possessing negatively one to roam our streets.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dreamwaker:

They can be used to cause harm. What harm can The Bible do?
They can be used to cause harm because you said so or what exactly? Just how do they cause harm?

The words of the bible is used in brain washing people.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
Pharaoh9:
what of Christians that pray for there enemy to die?

Good point, arrest them too. Those ones are not Christians. Christians are people who love and not hate, they love their enemies.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by horlakunle25(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hmmmm!! Wen u don't knw people and u don't hv money, u can be charge to court 4 eating rice wit spoon!
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

For real?? Then we still have a long way to go grin . The United States used to send witches and wizards to court too, but that was in the 1800s. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by GuyWise(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Afonjas and charms be like......you know the picture

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
freecocoa:
They can be used to cause harm because you said so or what exactly? Just how do they cause harm?

The words of the bible is used in brain washing people.

Because in Nigeria, a lot of people use charms for evil deeds.

The Bible doesn't brainwash people, people who get brainwashed by the Bible don't not understand the words in the Bible. They are brainwashed the people they call spiritual leaders.
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by HIPROFILE(m): 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
I no look for trouble..ooo

I was only sent by NCAN ....as I enter thread I saw name, shook ma head, turn my back... Going back to NCAN HQTR Abuja for comprehensive report.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by HIPROFILE(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Reporting back from NCAN HQTR Abuja.

According to NCAN Director.. He said this people and charm be like Nigeria and Corruption.

True or True?

2 Likes

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Because in Nigeria, a lot of people use charms for evil deeds.

The Bible doesn't brainwash people, people who get brainwashed by the Bible don't not understand the words in the Bible. They are brainwashed the people they call spiritual leaders.

You still haven't answered my question, how do they use charms for evil deeds? How does the charm work? I'd like to think this is a very simple question.

Really? Words that are written in plain English and probably their native languages too, is what you are telling me they don't understand?

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 17, 2016
freecocoa:
You still haven't answered my question, how do they use charms for evil deeds? How does the charm work? I'd like to think this is a very simple question.

Really? Words that are written in plain English and probably their native languages too, is what you are telling me they don't understand?

OK I will answer your "very simple question".

Example is a case of the man arrested. He wore the charm to boost his confidence mentally and enable him to break into people's home with the tools he was caught on him. Now carrying the charms is not the crime but the intent to use charms to carry out a crime.

Yes it might be plain English but twisted by the spiritual leaders just like how certain so called Islamic leaders brainwash people to carry out suicidal attacks. If these guys actually understand the plain English written in these religious books, they won't be any brainwashing.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by makdcash(m): 12:06am On Aug 17, 2016
COURT DON DEY GO SCIENCE...... cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Man Charged To Court For Carrying Charm In Lagos by freecocoa(f): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Dreamwaker:

OK I will answer your "very simple question".

Example is a case of the man arrested. He wore the charm to boost his confidence mentally and enable him to break into people's home with the tools he was caught on him. Now carrying the charms is not the crime but the intent to use charms to carry out a crime.

Yes it might be plain English but twisted by the spiritual leaders just like how certain so called Islamic leaders brainwash people to carry out suicidal attacks. If these guys actually understan8d the plain English written in these religious books, they won't be any brainwashing.
Still doesn't make any sense, what I'd like to know is how they/you are able to tell the charm is reason why he was able to try to break into someone's house? Dude was caught trying to break in(i think) why not arrest him for that alone and leave juju out of it, since there's no way to prove juju did anything?

Like the quran didn't command to kill unbelievers? Or the bible didn't instruct that a woman who was raped be sold to her rapist? What's there not to understand?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Raped 13-Year-Old Girl In Delta Released. Sent 50k To Victim's Mum / Nigerian Navy Arrests 7 Suspects For Stowing Away In A Foreign Vessel [pictured] / Armed Robbers Set House Ablaze In Benin City. Cart Away Goods (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.