Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Macbook Pro "17" Battery Problem.... HELP! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Macbook Pro "17" Battery Problem.... HELP! (972 Views)

The User Profile Cannot Be Loaded Problem. Help A Brother! / Help! Laptop Battery Problem / Apple Macbook Pro 17" For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Macbook Pro "17" Battery Problem.... HELP! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello,
Been a windows guy for many years and this MacBook Pro "17" is my first Mac system.

The battery just stopped being detected on the system yesterday, it first shows the X sign on the bar.... After several restart it changed to "0 Not Charging" it's been like this since yesterday, the system won't power on without without being plugged, even though the battery is fully charged.

Been googling since yesterday for how to fix the battery, no luck yet.
I downloaded a battery app that says my battery cycles is 136, i guess is still healthy....no?

I have tried to reset the SMC by holding the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time, still no luck. I also tried installing the apple battery updates 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 none was able to installed on the system as i got a message saying that my system don't need those updates.
Any suggestion from you guys?
Also if you are in Owerri and have this same model MacBook Pro "17", I would like to meet and test my battery on yours to know where the problem is coming from, if you don't mind.
Re: Macbook Pro "17" Battery Problem.... HELP! by BelieveTech(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
cimek:
Hello,
Been a windows guy for many years and this MacBook Pro "17" is my first Mac system.

The battery just stopped being detected on the system yesterday, it first shows the X sign on the bar.... After several restart it changed to "0 Not Charging" it's been like this since yesterday, the system won't power on without without being plugged, even though the battery is fully charged.

Been googling since yesterday for how to fix the battery, no luck yet.
I downloaded a battery app that says my battery cycles is 136, i guess is still healthy....no?

I have tried to reset the SMC by holding the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time, still no luck. I also tried installing the apple battery updates 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 none was able to installed on the system as i got a message saying that my system don't need those updates.
Any suggestion from you guys?
Also if you are in Owerri and have this same model MacBook Pro "17", I would like to meet and test my battery on yours to know where the problem is coming from, if you don't mind.
call or WhatsApp on 08136537584
Re: Macbook Pro "17" Battery Problem.... HELP! by Ifeanyi4491(m): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2023
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Doesn't Detect Device.. / Where Can I Download Photoshop Cs6 For Windows 10? / Laptop Hard Disk W Casing And Pc Cable For Sale - 100gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.