Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics (1903 Views)

The New NPFL Referees Kit For The 2016/2017 Season (photos) / Top 15 Blunders Of The 2016 Olympics with Pictures…#1 Is Horrific / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2016

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2016
#Fact cheesy cheesy

I have never seen any foreign country pray before a football match, Yet we that even fast and pray inside the field will end up being trashed!!

Maybe God answers prayers, But the sins of Nigeria has blocked God's ear cheesy cheesy

Let's turn to JUJU cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 17, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
#Fact cheesy cheesy

I have never seen any foreign country pray before a football match, Yet we that even fast and pray inside the field will end up being trashed!!

Maybe God answers prayers, But the sins of Nigeria has blocked God's ear cheesy cheesy

Brazil and Argentina pray I think. Meanwhile Op, that's some good stats. Interesting fact.
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Dreamwaker:

Brazil and Argentina pray I think. Meanwhile Op, that's some good stats. Interesting fact.
yeah thanks.. I just pray to God that I will be alive to witness when things will start working well in nigeria
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
#Fact cheesy cheesy

lol, juju indeed.. the problem with nigeria is that we have a lot of valuable raw materials which the country is failing transform into finished products that's why our athletes do well abroad

1 Like

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 17, 2016
Ehitunez:
I quite agree with this

Your statistics is one sided with this question.

How many representative do the best performing nations have against the least performing nations in the on going Olympics?

Compare the budgets of the nations represented at the Olympic and you will agree with me that the best performing nations have higher Olympic budget.

Critical thinking is not always when is against God, use your head.
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by mikolo80: 3:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Ehitunez:
yeah thanks.. I just pray to God that I will be alive to witness when things will start working well in nigeria
instead of making things work you're still praying. Na wa o
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 17, 2016
Religion and God is the greatest scam sold to humanity especially Africans. How people pray towards a sky daddy who is always deaf and dumb to their request remains a mystery to sane minds. The world's innovations and inventions are pioneered by atheists/non religious persons while Africans that pray like praying mantis remains the shame and most backward continent in the world. No wonder christanity and Islam remains a multi billion dollar industry. Saudi generates massive income from religious tourism while Nigerian biblical scammers rides scores of luxury cars and jets at the expense of their gullible followers sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by btoks: 5:46am On Aug 17, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

How many representative do the best performing nations have against the least performing nations in the on going Olympics?

Compare the budgets of the nations represented at the Olympic and you will agree with me that the best performing nations have higher Olympic budget.

I think the point OP made is valid.
The top performing nations have sent bigger teams and have bigger budgets because they take sports seriously as they do other sectors.
Until other poor performing nations do the same, they'll languish at the bottom.

1 Like

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 17, 2016
Ehitunez:
that day shall never come...
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 17, 2016
btoks:
I think the point OP made is valid.
The top performing nations have sent bigger teams and have bigger budgets because they take sports seriously as they do other sectors.
Until other poor performing nations do the same, they'll languish at the bottom.

Is not seriousness is money. Don't be surprise that US budget allocation for Olympic is bigger than our national budget and yet we cannot service the nation budget effectively.
Which of those nation did you hear of borrowing to service their budget?
Money is seriousness.
Many fielded more than one slot in one event while we were still trying to fill one slot.
Poverty is laziness.
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by btoks: 7:48am On Aug 17, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Is not seriousness is money. Don't be surprise that US budget allocation for Olympic is bigger than our national budget and yet we cannot service the nation budget effectively.
Which of those nation did you hear of borrowing to service their budget?
Money is seriousness.
Many fielded more than one slot in one event while we were still trying to fill one slot.
Poverty is laziness.
I agree.
I suppose it's a chicken and egg situation. Until we become serious about the things that matter in our country, we won't generate the money needed to have a big budget in sports for example.
These developed countries have got to this point because a long time ago they decided and became serious/focused to make their countries great.

1 Like

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2016
PaulKillerman:
that day shall never come...
Haba guy why

Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2016
mikolo80:
instead of making things work you're still praying. Na wa o
lol I've been doing my part, it's left to the other 150 million persons in nigeria to do theirs
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

so why is it that the so called giant of africa can't sponsor it's athletes whereas kenya spent $5.5 million as the budject for 2016 rio
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by M17CXi: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
#Fact cheesy cheesy

Hahahahah this guy
Funny but
Kind of true shall

Nice one
Re: See This Fact That Just Came Out Of The 2016 Rio Olympics by mikolo80: 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ehitunez:
lol I've been doing my part, it's left to the other 150 million persons in nigeria to do theirs
what's your part, apart from praying. Praying doesn't count.

(1) (Reply)

Diego Costa / The Greatest Champions League Games / Photos: Real Madrid Players Looking Stylish As They Arrive In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.