Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Help Needed: Vista Basic Product Key - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Needed: Vista Basic Product Key (625 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed: Vista Basic Product Key by colinx: 9:18am On Sep 27, 2009
Can someone pls help me with the product key for my laptop Hp 6735s, due to virus attack, i formatd the system using vista anytime upgrade disk. The produck key beneath the system has faded and some letters are not legible again. The part dt is still is thus: W7YW_,28_,_,_,3MJCGTMGCYP9MCC, VISTA Basic. My product serial number is: CNU8523FL4, the product number is: NN283ES#AR2. I include this to convince everybody that i have an OEM product. Please help. My email: godcollins@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed: Vista Basic Product Key by deji2009(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2009
Can someone pls help me with the product key for my laptop Hp 6735s, due to virus attack, i formatd the system using vista anytime upgrade disk. The produck key beneath the system has faded and some letters are not legible again. The part dt is still is thus: W7YW_,28_,_,_,3MJCGTMGCYP9MCC, VISTA Basic. My product serial number is: CNU8523FL4, the product number is: NN283ES#AR2. I include this to convince everybody that i have an OEM product. Please help. My email: godcollins@yahoo.com

why do used the upgrade disk and where do you got it from ?

on some Hp and compaqs you dont need a disk to reinstall windows

That why hp has a built in hidden recovery partition to save you time, effort and money. i know you were not aware of this. but,

In your own case what you should have done restart the notebook
and keep pressing F11 on the keyboard that would have prompt
for reinstallation hence no product key or disk as the notebook
recovery partion know what your product key is even though is fading on the sticker

I bet it if you try this now I doubts if the HD hidden recovery partion will load up as the upgrade disk you use will have wipe i off. by the way, the upgrade disk should come with a product key if

not then am afriad to say you need to activate windows by going to microsof website http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/VistaDisclosure.aspx?displaylang=en&sGuid=b77e5478-7335-4910-be3b-0f5c7f9e248c&Page=%2fgenuine%2fdownloads%2fValidate.aspx%3fdisplaylang%3den

or buy another vista disk

Good luck.
Re: Help Needed: Vista Basic Product Key by colinx: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
Thanks, tried your suggestion. Microsoft is asking me to buy a new product key!
Anybody with my type of laptop should please help.

(1) (Reply)

How To Change Password And Username In Yahoo! / Fun Websites That Keep Nigerians Busy As Well As Reward Nigerians! / Epson R390 Photo Printer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.