Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

My Monitor Is Blank Or Has No Picture---this Is What To Do - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Monitor Is Blank Or Has No Picture---this Is What To Do (967 Views)

Pls Help Pc Monitor Is Not Displaying When Cpu Is On / My Zinox All-in-one Windows 10 PC Screen Is Blank. Help! / My Laptop Is ON But The Screen Is Blank! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Monitor Is Blank Or Has No Picture---this Is What To Do by Richbboy22(m): 10:08am On Aug 17, 2016
The monitor appears blank when it is not connected to the monitor cable or if the monitor is defective. Perform the following steps to solve this problem.

1.Verify that the monitor is connected to a power source and is receiving power. In recent times, monitors have a small light on the front indicating that the power is on.

2.If the screen of the monitor appears white or gray(instead of black) and if a buzzing or high-pitched whistle is coming from the monitor, the monitor is probably not connected to the PC’s video card and ensure the connection is proper. Also check the connection at the rear of the monitor. The monitor uses a two-end video cable. Check the pins in the cable connectors for bent or broken pins before reconnecting them.

Having Issues with your Computer? visit www.orgutech.

3.Check that the brightness and contrast controls have not been tuned all the way up, which results in a dark screen. If these two controls are all right, check other controls because some combinations of settings will also darken the display. Use the monitor’s manual to see whether the solution to this problem is given or not. Besides this, set the monitor’s adjusting controls, such as brightness or contrast from the monitor’s menu.

4.Reboot the PC. Listen for beep codes and watch for error messages, if any, from the power on self test (POST). If a single beep is sounded and the PC appears to be continuing with the boot, then it means that the problem is in the monitor .Otherwise the problem may be that the boot is hanging up before the video BIOS and the device drivers are loaded.

5.Repalce the monitor with a new monitor. If the display appears, then it means that the previous monitor is faulty.

Having Issues with your Computer? visit www.orgutech.

(1) (Reply)

Unlock My Glo NetPro Modem / List Of 7 Ways To Tell If Your Computer Is Malware Infected / Buy Your Laptop Harddrive & Desktop Harddrive...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.