Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun (31743 Views)

Delta Women Protest Over Shops In An Unusual Manner (Photo) / Over 500 Traders Protest Handpicking Of P-G At Ogidi Building Material Market / Alaba Market Boils, Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Fidelismaria: 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Obosi d family man
Family first
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Fernandowski(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
lol..... obosi is a name of a town close to onitsha here

my fellow ibos no dey carry last at all

2 Likes

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by youngalex(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
As a Business Consultant i know almost all of them..The Man is the Eselu of Alaba what ever he says stands..Godfatherism is prevalent in all markets in Lagos esp the IGBO dominated ones such as TRADE FAIR,IDUMOTA AND ALABA..The money these associations rake in monthly is enormous and how the money is spent no body knows

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by colbankz(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
wit all dz tin wae obosi dae do dz 1 turn market matter 2 family matter very soon dher children go inherit dher positions 4 market
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by semitunde: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
youngalex:
As a Business Consultant i know almost all of them..The Man is the Eselu of Alaba what ever he says stands..Godfatherism is prevalent in all markets in Lagos esp the IGBO dominated ones such as TRADE FAIR,IDUMOTA AND ALABA..The money these associations rake in monthly is enormous and how the money is spent no body knows

Idumota market is dominated by Igbo marketers.Get your facts right.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by onnenka: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Obosi has turned Lagos to no man's land.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by SonofDevil: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
onnenka:
Obosi has turned Lagos to no man's land.

My Friend !!!will you go and pack feaces at ogbete market Enugu before I descend on you grincheesy

12 Likes

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by striker9(m): 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
SonofDevil:

My Friend !!!will you go and pack feaces at ogbete market Enugu before I descend on you grincheesy
Lol u mean not only India and Indonesia needs development haha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Deen77: 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ibo Map 1903.

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by kunle75(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
sholikay:
hmmmm.. obosi?...one of alaba market most powerful men... I could recall that, someone once narrated an incident where this same "obosi" ordered the whole alaba market or perhaps a particular market section,not to open their shop at a particular date.. he then brought a very expensive car that worth millions of naira to an open place in the same alaba market, then brought out a gun and then sprayed extreme amount of bullets into the car.. he threatened to shoot whosoever go against his order the same way he has done to the car.. (don't know if it is true incident)...

I don't know how true it was but i heard about the incident,i schooled in LASU and i can say that the same man is also one of the king pin for film pirate..........he is too powerful for other traders,guess they want to take their own pound of flesh from him............its about time though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Crieff(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
YourNemesis:
If na Lagos state task force dey come collect tax now, they no go let us hear word. They will be screaming Discrimination and Marginalisation.
But a market tout called "Obosi" have been terrorizing them for years and we are only now beginning to hear about it.
IPOD Hypocrisy.

Ipodcrisy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by amdoyin82(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2016
Donald3d:
If its true , then wisdom is getting endangered
I don't seem to get u bro
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by amdoyin82(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
OsuIbo:
I sincerely look forward for the day we Igbos would stop disgracing our tribe in Nigeria. We Igbos are the only one that will leave Igboland and start constituting nuisance in other peoples land.
nice talk coming from non- sentimental Igbo dude
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by czaratwork: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
this is where the igbos differ from yorubas. Igbos will not allow one person control them and will always revolt.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Proffdada: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Deen77:
Ibo Map 1903.
landlocked risk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Proffdada: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
czaratwork:
this is where the igbos differ from yorubas. Igbos will not allow one person control them and will always revolt.
what were looking when he installed all his relatives? What were they doing all the time he enslaved them?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Donald3d(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
amdoyin82:
I don't seem to get u bro
I mean if he really did that , then he is not a wise man
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by drnoel: 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
striker9:
And same people will open there mouth to insult Tinubu yet there own chief made the market his family affairs..shioorrr

For u ans those that liked ur comment to compare a village champion with Tinubu ur ignorance speaks too loud and I doubt that u really are yoruba.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by YungMillionaire: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
cool These Ibos are a nuisance wherever they go in the world. Make dem come try dis nonsense for Warri now - make we carry their heads do pepper soup cool

8 Likes

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by NICENEDU29: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
goldiam:
Nah their brother dey do dem this time thank God.
U should know dat right from time immemorial, Igbos don't tolerate nonsense, whether de person is their brother or not. They ar not people dat will see impunity & injustice & then keep quiet. They must react or voice out. That was partly what led to the civil war because they could not tolerate de maltreatment from de Hausas, hence, their decision to seceed. They believe so much in de Rule of Law, democracy, equality & justice. If u trace de history of Igbos u wil know dat it has always been like dat. In fact in de pre-colonial Nigerian Society, Igbos were the most democratic among all tribes. Rememba de popular Aba Women Riot of 1929 & its major causes. Evn up til today, dat strong democratic blood is stil in them, because to them, they strongly believe dat no one feeds or shelters de others; so why shuld one lord himself ova others? So, my dear, dat is one true & lovly fact u shuld always like de Igbos for, no mata what.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by BlackMbakara1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Abeg who Obosi they marginalize? With this i doubt this Biafra kini...
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by czaratwork: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
that is why they(igbos) are revolting. Can Yorubas try it? Iyaloja is inherited and she can close the market for 1 week and nobody dares complain. SMH
Proffdada:
what were looking when he installed all his relatives? What were they doing all the time he enslaved them?
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by czaratwork: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
So tinubu is god! that is the problem.
drnoel:

For u ans those that liked ur comment to compare a village champion with Tinubu ur ignorance speaks too loud and I doubt that u really are yoruba.
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by stonemasonn: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
NameChecker:
Traders in that section of the market, locked their shops to protest the overbearing influence of Chief Azubuike Ekwerekwu, aka Obosi, who they claimed had enslaved them over the years, by forcing them to pay through their noses in matters of security, shops and PSP, among others. They also accused him of ‘manipulating the elected executives’ to exploit them.

I can to check name grin

What will then be the fate of the New Biafra Republic if created?
The 0.1% richest will lord over the weakest.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by striker9(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
drnoel:

Go back and read my post carefully again...
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by NICENEDU29: 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
OsuIbo:
I sincerely look forward for the day we Igbos would stop disgracing our tribe in Nigeria. We Igbos are the only one that will leave Igboland and start constituting nuisance in other peoples land.
I strongly doubt the fact that you are Igbo. So, dont think you can come here and deceive people
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by niggi4life(m): 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Obosi Plaza comes to my mind, where GTBank is situated and also FCMB.
Never knew it was owned by a very powerful man
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by kossyablaze(m): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
free2ryhme:
make dem kukuma kill themselves
lol u preach Jesus is coming soon and u champion tribalism... Lol I understand. 2faced Christian
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by nnokwa042(m): 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
OsuIbo:
and u worship and praise fulani people who goes to another man's town to kill and take over farm land ewu like u may fulani people visit ur family instead of igbo people efulefu
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by NameChecker: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
OsuIbo:

shocked
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Femich18(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sirwallace:
This is what I called obosiiozation of poor IPOB market.

If your own man can treat you like this in another man land, I wonder what he will do if you perhaps get a sovereign nation of Biafra.
Hahaha... You nailed it
Re: Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun by Koleman(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
Oops! I never hear anything wailing concerning marginalization o. The fact remains that the greatest enemy of every ethnic group remains the members of that same ethnic group. You want to know if your brother truly loves you? Then wait until the presidency is zoned to between you two. Then you will know if he loves you or not. The greatest threat to human co existence is greed. Greed has nothing to do with ethnicity. Its simply a default human setting

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create / #10YearsChallenge: Femi Otedola Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / Non-Ghanaian Retailers Ordered To Leave Ghana Markets In 30 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.