Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,590 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

A Lesson From Rio - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Lesson From Rio (887 Views)

Lesson From A Toothache / You Won't Regret Reading This!! Lesson From Islamic Teachings!! / A Surprise Lesson From Squeezing An Orange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Whatever your faith is. This is for you, a simple pics that speaks.

What set differences in life is being coordinated, taking control of your situations, planning, practice , making mistakes and learning from our pasts to improve our future and some bit of luck
(luck & opportunity, a rare gift of coincidences of nature, many ascribe it to some supernatural powers based on whatever god they believe and faith they hold)

Such is what determines success. Once u are coordinated and few things are left to chances and luck (supernatural forces as theist will agree), success in all spheres of life shall be seen.

Thus, a nation with high percentage of successful, competent, knowledgeable and talented citizens will definitely be a great nation among other nations. The higher the percentage of such citizens, the more the chances the nation as a whole will excel.

whatever ur faith may be, christianity, Islam, atheist, agnostic, etc together we can make our nation great.

Thank you.

cc seun, johnydon22, winner01, KingEbukasBlog KingEbukaNaija, lalasticlala

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Lesson From Rio by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
So wait ... how many atheists have won medals at the Olympics And how many religious people have won medals in the Olympics smiley cool

Do you see that the tables have turned? One word for you bro : Ignorance
Re: A Lesson From Rio by Nostradamus: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
this look promising.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
So wait ... how many atheists have won medals at the Olympics And how many religious people have won medals in the Olympics smiley cool

You my brother are too fast to read befr comprehension.

read again and understand the message befr commenting
Re: A Lesson From Rio by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
realmindz:

You my brother are too fast to read befr comprehension.

read again and understand the message befr commenting

I asked you a simple question , how many atheists have won medals at the Olympics . Answer me angry angry angry .
Re: A Lesson From Rio by DeSepiero(m): 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The op talks about;
Some religious nations not performing well in the Olympics
Working nations performing well in the Olympics
Working nations working in all spheres.

The op doesn't talk about;
Atheists performing well in Olympics
Theists not performing well in Olympics.

Hope you've seen your level of basic comprehension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I asked you a simple question , how many atheists have won medals at the Olympics . Answer me angry angry angry .

Since u are so mean on arguing this, lemme break it down slowly to ur lowly understanding.

The success of a nation or an individual is independent of religious views. Practice, planning, coordination, organisation, preparations plus some bits of luck set the pace and the difference which determines the success of an individual and a nation as a whole.

Great individuals create great nations and enabling environments which develops greater individuals and talents. Hence success shall be enjoyed as a whole irrespective of your religious views.

These nations topping are all of different religious views.

Your question: obviously, simple mathematics, set theory and probability theory answer ur question. There should be over 97% to 3% theists to atheists (though of different religious beliefs) so by default the theist have it.

But note, this is not the issue, my point is that we all should take control of our lives irrespective of our beliefs and faiths to have more successful citizens hence a greater nation with better organisation and coordination as this affects all spheres of individual lives and the nation as a whole

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lesson From Rio by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

The op talks about;

I don't care about what the OP says cos I know his intention . I simply asked a question which of course he knows the answer . And please I'm not at your level of comprehension . I don't reason or discuss with atheists because of the abysmal reasoning you guys display . I am here to expose the lies and foolishness of atheism not to reason with you guys .
Re: A Lesson From Rio by kilo4sure: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

The op talks about;

Isn't it true that some atheist nations like North Korea and Russia are not also performing as well as those working nations in the Olympics? Why mention religion at all in this matter?
Re: A Lesson From Rio by DeSepiero(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't care about what the OP says cos I know his intention . I simply asked a question which of course he knows the answer . And please I'm not at your level of comprehension . I don't reason or discuss with atheists because of the abysmal reasoning you guys display . I am here to expose the lies and foolishness of atheism not to reason with you guys .

You know his intention?
Did you read up to his last statement?
This is his concluding statement;

"whatever ur faith may be, christianity, Islam, atheist, agnostic, etc together we can make our nation great".

Where is the foolishness you talk about?

1 Like

Re: A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

Isn't it true that some atheist nations like North Korea and Russia are not also performing as well as those working nations in the Olympics? Why mention religion at all in this matter?
cus u ve all made religion appear more important and necessary. Nigerians will rather leave things to faith than reality and facts. hate it or love it, that's the truth and it's killing us.

For peace, belief whatever u wish, but leave little things to chances.

The north Korea and Russia u mentioned are far ahead in many spheres of life and they are still ahead even in Rio

1 Like

Re: A Lesson From Rio by DeSepiero(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

Did the op mention Atheist Nations?
Why not read, comprehend and digest the post?
Re: A Lesson From Rio by Ranchhoddas: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Did you read the OP?
Re: A Lesson From Rio by Ranchhoddas: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

Russia is actually doing well, considering the circumstances.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by kilo4sure: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
realmindz:

cus u ve all made religion appear more important and necessary. Nigerians will rather leave things to faith than reality and facts. hate it or love it, that's the truth and it's killing us.

For peace, belief whatever u wish, but leave little things to chances.

The north Korea and Russia u mentioned are far ahead in many spheres of life and they are still ahead even in Rio
So what about the Americans who usually give God thanks for the medals and many other individuals who attribute their success to God, does it make them less successful? Leaving all things in God's hands doesn't mean we shouldn't work, and there's no proof that those who rely on God are ignorant of the fact that they must also work hard. For example, the footballer kaka in his time worked hard on the training ground, but when he scored he always gave God all the glory.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by kilo4sure: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
DeSepiero:

Did the op mention Atheist Nations?
Why not read, comprehend and digest the post?

What the op quoted in the end made reference to some religious nations not doing well. There was actually no need to add religion there.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

So what about the Americans who usually give God thanks for the medals and many other individuals who attribute their success to God, does it make them less successful? Leaving all things in God's hands doesn't mean we shouldn't work, and there's no proof that those who rely on God are ignorant of the fact that they must also work hard. For example, the footballer kaka in his time worked hard on the training ground, but when he scored he always gave God all the glory.
Thank you for that.
i tell u that they give thanks to God makes no difference, they believe in God makes no difference either. They won their success thru hard work and some bit of luck (good coincidences of nature) which many attach to the supernatural
success is independent of your religious beliefs, which has been proven by the obvious facts we see around us.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by kilo4sure: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
realmindz:

Thank you for that.
i tell u that they give thanks to God makes no difference, they believe in God makes no difference either. They won their success thru hard work and some bit of luck (good coincidences of nature) which many attach to the supernatural
success is independent on your religious beliefs, which has been proven by the obvious facts we see around us.
So are you saying Nigeria and those religious nations you mentioned do not know all these? I am yet to see a religious person who does not know that success is a result of hard work, even the bible talks about running a race in order to get the crown, and the bible states that the man who does not work should not eat.
The fact is there's no proof that these religious nations are solely depending on God to be successful in the Olympics, their problem is majorly poor governance, corruption, amongst other things, due to these problems they know they ain't prepared, thus they then hope for some kind of magic, but deep down they doubt that prayer because they know they ain't adequately prepared.
Re: A Lesson From Rio by realmindz: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2016
kilo4sure:

So are you saying Nigeria and those religious nations you mentioned do not know all these? I am yet to see a religious person who does not know that success is a result of hard work, even the bible talks about running a race in order to get the crown, and the bible states that the man who does not work should not eat.
The fact is there's no proof that these religious nations are solely depending on God to be successful in the Olympics, their problem is majorly poor governance, corruption, amongst other things, due to these problems they know they ain't prepared, thus they then hope for some kind of magic, but deep down they doubt that prayer because they know they ain't adequately prepared.
I think we are getting close to agreeing, so close but I maintain my stance that religious beliefs have nothing to to do with success, it's all delusions and mindsets. That X factor, the God factor, the bit of luck. In summary, religion has nothing to contribute. It just exists

If u read my post well, u'll see I pointed out
great citizens build great nations which create an enabling environment to build great individuals and talents thereby they enjoy success in all spheres.

It's a fact that nigeria is too religious, virtually everything starts with religion and ends with it.

it satrts from each individual, a man births more children than his finance can provide. He has the mindset that children are God's gifts and God will one way cater for them. The children grow to become malnourished and poverty stricken plus illiteracy. Tell me, how such a nation shall progress with high rate of illiteracy, poverty and malnourishment.

my intention was never to bash religion, but if I did by default, I'm not sorry either
Re: A Lesson From Rio by kilo4sure: 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
realmindz:

I think we are getting close to agreeing, so close but I maintain my stance that religious beliefs have nothing to to do with success, it's all delusions and mindsets. That X factor, the God factor, the bit of luck. In summary, religion has nothing to contribute. It just exists

If u read my post well, u'll see I pointed out
great citizens build great nations which create an enabling environment to build great individuals and talents thereby they enjoy success in all spheres.

It's a fact that nigeria is too religious, virtually everything starts with religion and ends with it.

it satrts from each individual, a man births more children than his finance can provide. He has the mindset that children are God's gifts and God will one way cater for them. The children grow to become malnourished and poverty stricken plus illiteracy. Tell me, how such a nation shall progress with high rate of illiteracy, poverty and malnourishment.

my intention was never to bash religion, but if I did by default, I'm not sorry either
Is Nigeria more religious than USA of the 19th and early 20th century or even GREAT BRITAIN of that era? Maybe the problem is in the way Nigerians practice religion.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Who Can Identify Jesus In These Photo / Much Prayer And Holy Sacrifices: Which Penetrates Heaven Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.