Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] (50962 Views)

Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Chukwuka Akaeze Receives Staff Of Office As Ubulu-Uku, Delta King (Pics) / Behold The Face Of A New King (pics Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by 2kass(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
e don they wey this people don they Kidnap and abduct...

Laziness does not start in a day. Its in the blood!!!

1 Like

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by casttlebarbz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Deejay1000(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2016
kidnapping don tey for this country ooooo

he was the founding father of kidnapping... btw. @ op did he eat them raw abi na with pounded yam and egusi soup

1 Like

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Lazyreporta(m): 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by henrydadon(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
fireforfire:
sad

Nigga u gay
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by simplynola(m): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
With which soup abeg or was it barbecue?
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by kevoh(m): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
What if this story was a lie concocted by the British to defame the King?
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by prinsam30: 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
OP, you can lie oooooo, who told you he ate those white maggots, were you there
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Elihu82: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Most of Nigerian cheifs do eat or taste human meat.
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Horsesmouth: 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
It wasnt Frederick William Koko Mingi VIII alone who ate 40 white men.
The abducted white men were ceremoniously eaten by the Nembe warriors.
The British war ships sacked Koko Mingi and he ran to the hinterlands where he died years later.
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Proffdada: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Landloard01:

It's a pitiable dismal pismal. It's regrettably lubricious that white folks, who explored the continents of the black descendants, met their their unfortunate water-low, in a cannibalistic dismay. This news is shocking and apologetic! Let me quickly say that the people of the federal republic of Nigeria are throwing their weights against this hullabaloo.

I must say that Nigerian people and the microscopic few of the deltans, who witnessed the horrible calamity, are those masquerading as the avengers... they imbibe the culture of feeding as vultures in quest for their freedom, planted a rotten luck with a continuous pollution of their own vicinity. But when a crafty man buried himself, he struggle in idiocy. I am not bamboozling you with highfalutin, I am only taking an elephant stand to discredit the man-eat-man attitudes, as recorded in the deltan region. grin
copacetic discombobulation undecided

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Landloard01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
Proffdada:
copacetic discombobulation :-\
grin Na be the real man? I hale
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by bellville: 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
So no be today militancy start. E don teyyyyyyy.
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by YINKS89(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
confirm cannibal.
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Deejay1000:
kidnapping don tey for this country ooooo

he was the founding father of kidnapping... btw. @ op did he eat them raw abi na with pounded yam and egusi soup
help us ask the op o,who knows if it's not one of those constructed lies by the white people to make us look bad, like they have been doing for long,helping us to tell our tale which ever way they deem fit
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by sotyuzono(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
In Moments like this I can beat my chest and say I am proud to be an ijaw man. U all are saying trash dt 'e don tay since militants dey south' non cud say ' marginalisation of. Niger delta don tay ooo'

To does that tink the story is a fiction go to Nembe dts if u have d liver to cross that our sea u will see evidence for urself

THE SOUTH REMEMBERS: King koko, King JaJa, ken sarowiwa and the Ogoni 12, Isaac Adaka Boro

2 Likes

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by maxzzo1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
The story is not complete and u js suddenly concluded, u didnt tell us wat Niger coy did, and how d arrest n treatmt giving to JaJa also cause d war..nembe was destroyed by royal navy but koko was not found....d 40 died of malaria in d creeks so it was alleged dat dey ate den...so as to attack and secure d release of royal navy from d queen..nebi today creek tinz start....read ur history well op..stop lying...
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by greatmen: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
The ijaws have always been war like ask the British lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Ini9(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lata one moronn go say na calabar dey eat pipo undecided
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Deejay1000(m): 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
2dugged:
help us ask the op o,who knows if it's not one of those constructed lies by the white people to make us look bad, like they have been doing for long,helping us to tell our tale which ever way they deem fit

nor mind am Naso dem go just de lie upandan
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Niyinficient(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Landloard01:

It's a pitiable dismal pismal. It's regrettably lubricious that white folks, who explored the continents of the black descendants, met their their unfortunate water-low, in a cannibalistic dismay. This news is shocking and apologetic! Let me quickly say that the people of the federal republic of Nigeria are throwing their weights against this hullabaloo.

I must say that Nigerian people and the microscopic few of the deltans, who witnessed the horrible calamity, are those masquerading as the avengers... they imbibe the culture of feeding as vultures in quest for their freedom, planted a rotten luck with a continuous pollution of their own vicinity. But when a crafty man buried himself, he struggle in idiocy.

I am not bamboozling you with highfalutin, I am only taking an elephant stand to discredit the man-eat-man attitudes, as recorded in the deltan region. Working with the global understanding within the pool of the western education, I hereby remind the chiefs and those wearing the traditional ornaments as bangles in that region to quickly decipher that those illicit actions, from the younger folks are only ephemeral to the nation building grin

[img]http://2.bp..com/-D8a9eowmlb4/Ufd0J_tZqcI/AAAAAAAAJ8g/NXM3knXTh1M/s1600/patrick+obahiagbon.png[/img]

no be only 'Water-low' na water-high! grin

3 Likes

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Landloard01(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Niyinficient:

no be only 'Water-low' na water-high! grin
grin water-down bro, why now? cheesy grin
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by SmellingAnus(m): 5:51pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nembe Ibe o Nuwa eh....
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Otimkpu440: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
TunezMediaTV:
An Ijaw man, Koko was a convert to Christianity who later returned to the local traditional religion. Before becoming king, he had served as a Christian school teacher, and in 1889 this helped him in his rise to power.

The leading chiefs of Nembe, including Spiff, Samuel Sambo, and Cameroon, were all Christians, and after having ordered the destruction of Juju houses a large part of their reason for choosing Koko as king in succession to King Ockiya was that he was a fellow Christian.

With the settlement of European traders on the coast, Nembe had engaged in trade with them, but it was poorer than its neighbours Bonny and Calabar.

By the 1890s, there was intense resentment of Royal Niger Company's treatment of the people of the Niger delta and of its aggressive actions to exclude its competitors and to monopolize trade, denying the men of Nembe the access to markets which they had long enjoyed.

As king, Koko aimed to resist these pressures and tried to strengthen his hand by forming alliances with the states of Bonny and Okpoma.

In January 1895, he threw caution to the winds and led more than a thousand men in a dawn raid on the Royal Niger Company's headquarters at Akassa. Arriving on 29 January with between forty and fifty canoes, equipped with heavy guns, Koko captured the base with the loss of some forty lives, including twenty-four Company employees, destroyed warehouses and machinery, and took about sixty white men hostage, as well as carrying away a large quantity of booty, including money, trade goods, ammunition and a quick-firing gun.

Koko then sought to negotiate with the Company for the release of the hostages, his price being a return to free trading conditions, and on 2 February he wrote to Sir Claude MacDonald, the British consul-general, that he had no quarrel with the Queen but only with the Niger Company.

Despite this, the British refused Koko's demands, and more than forty of the men were then ceremoniously eaten.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/08/do-you-know-of-nigerian-king-that-ate.html?m=1

tongue
TunezMediaTV:
An Ijaw man, Koko was a convert to Christianity who later returned to the local traditional religion. Before becoming king, he had served as a Christian school teacher, and in 1889 this helped him in his rise to power.

The leading chiefs of Nembe, including Spiff, Samuel Sambo, and Cameroon, were all Christians, and after having ordered the destruction of Juju houses a large part of their reason for choosing Koko as king in succession to King Ockiya was that he was a fellow Christian.

With the settlement of European traders on the coast, Nembe had engaged in trade with them, but it was poorer than its neighbours Bonny and Calabar.

By the 1890s, there was intense resentment of Royal Niger Company's treatment of the people of the Niger delta and of its aggressive actions to exclude its competitors and to monopolize trade, denying the men of Nembe the access to markets which they had long enjoyed.

As king, Koko aimed to resist these pressures and tried to strengthen his hand by forming alliances with the states of Bonny and Okpoma.

In January 1895, he threw caution to the winds and led more than a thousand men in a dawn raid on the Royal Niger Company's headquarters at Akassa. Arriving on 29 January with between forty and fifty canoes, equipped with heavy guns, Koko captured the base with the loss of some forty lives, including twenty-four Company employees, destroyed warehouses and machinery, and took about sixty white men hostage, as well as carrying away a large quantity of booty, including money, trade goods, ammunition and a quick-firing gun.

Koko then sought to negotiate with the Company for the release of the hostages, his price being a return to free trading conditions, and on 2 February he wrote to Sir Claude MacDonald, the British consul-general, that he had no quarrel with the Queen but only with the Niger Company.

Despite this, the British refused Koko's demands, and more than forty of the men were then ceremoniously eaten.

http://www.tunezmediablog.com/2016/08/do-you-know-of-nigerian-king-that-ate.html?m=1

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by fr3do(m): 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
tales by the british used to justify colonialism and racism
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Niyinficient(m): 5:57pm On Aug 17, 2016
Landloard01:
grin water-down bro, why now? cheesy grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by kayowalemi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
How sweet will it be o...I don't know why I click this topic
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is to the "Delta state environmental protection agency" in particular and all other related bodies. Please for the sake of the generation yet unborn, lands owners and investors or would be investor(s) in the twin towns of ORUWHORUN and ARAGBA in Udu LGA of delta state, We call on all relevant authorities to check the activities of sand dredgers, whose operations are causing serious havoc and untold environmental hardship to residents and visitors alike. A visit to some of their numerous sites in the company of my business partners while searching for lands to locate/site our factory leaves everyone in the team/entourage awed and speechless, seeing the vast level of wanton destruction and environmental degradation perpetuated by just some few elements who are supposed to be sons of the soil and their collaborators.
An on-the-site findings reveals that they (dredgers) neither carried out any form of Enviromental Impact Assesment EIA nor care about the effect of their activities on the surrounding houses, some of which are at the verge of collapsing. Also none of them (dredging operator or businessmen) have any form of landed property or investment within the vicinity of their nefarious operation.
As a Nigerian and a deltan, I believe it is everyone's responsibility to watch out for our neighbors, neighborhood and the Enviroment. Hence my using this wonderful forum. I promised some of the residents I spoke with that I will revisit the sites and also help them pass their plea to the relevant authorities through wherever legal means possible. Please Nairalander help repost this until justice is done. Thanks
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Organizer111222(m): 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
It has tay this Niger delta and hostage taking oooo
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Oyinbo meat don enter im eyes...tastes like pork angry
Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by GorkoSusaay: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ecce Homo, King William Koko of Nembe, Bane of the British cool

Re: Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] by rhektor(m): 6:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
EpicMaurice:
Really thought you were going to show the pics of the whitemen being eaten.
Mtcheww

Maybe you need to know history

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / Olori Wuraola Reverts To Her Maiden Name After Confirming Marriage Breakup / Tijaniyyah Appoints Sanusi As Caliph, Social Distancing Shunned (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.