Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? (25683 Views)

Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Denmark 2 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by semitunde: 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Rushed home to meet the first 10min, knew then and there that we'd lose the match. I thought there was a thread that said etebo would play?

Little tactical play, but that was OK; it was the woeful passing ( especially the final pass), the terrible ball control, the seeming lack of intelligence sometimes by some players ( like attack gnabri who early was on a yellow and attack the keeper more).

Umar shooting when he had Mikel for a tap in after intercepting the keeper...Anwuzie(?) Kicking every cross, shot and free kick into the night sky...just depressing to watch.

Siasia has his blames, playing etebo in a non crucial match instead of that short player that came in later, the one that can't make a tackle to save his life; is a low for him. That apart from the seeming lack of ideas he has shown again and again when on the back foot. He was the "nearly man", this is even worse than nearly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by drnairalov: 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
We miss Etebo more that we miss Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Slimzjoe(m): 10:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
chrisxxx:
FTC! Jah bless me and those who like or share this. I doubt if this set of players are the best Siasia could lay hands on. Nepotism and federal character or quota system have ruined us.
Secondly if we can stick to been sincere. Use the right age players. Our guys got tired it is obvious they are older than the Germans.
I am happy with Ekong, Akpeyi and Mikel. These are the only players we went with. The rest are next to flop.

To show how Johnbullish you are undecided Akpeyi no even play
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Kenturkey048(m): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Let's be factual na only mikel playball,,the rest players just they wander round field..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by ferdoplay123: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
i wasted my hard earn data but was disappointed nevertheless let's go for Bronze

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Nathanieloo7(m): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nigeria played a beautiful nonesense. #dat sadiq was our number one enemy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Nathanieloo7(m): 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Nigeria played a beautiful nonesense. #dat sadiq was our number one enemy tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by famzynet: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
I de vex ooooooooo. These guys just spoilt my day. Just today weee I say make I go watch them na him de f**k up. Make de cucu come back joooor. I trust our dullard president not to send them plane. I go support am for that one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by chrisxxx(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Slimzjoe:

Faultfinder the goalkeeper not sure of his name.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Ada9103(f): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
We tried sha..........like 2-0 grin..

I never expereit

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Cool23(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
We only trained for four to six month so what did we expect to win the germans used simple tactics e.g if a German is with the ball every Nigeria will attack him and leave the other players free plus the Germans knew what they were going to do before it even came to them it is only God that helped us we have skill but lack sense

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Moz22: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
I am sad..that's all. Hopefully I'll get better by tomorrow, and if chelsea wins by weekend, it'll make it lot more better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Kenturkey048(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
Slimzjoe:

ahahahaahahahahahah johnbullish
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ere ki laja ba ekun se? What sort of play does does a dog have with a lion?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by brostheo(m): 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sijo01:
The fuel wey I burn dey pain me sad
Girl on gen watch match? My sister are you sure?
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by AfroKnight: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
It is time to stop expecting amazing results from our boys. You cannot get world class results from crude tools. Let us stop saying "the boys tried". No time for excuses.

We no get level for football. That's the truth. Mediocrity is celebrated too much in this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by bamasite2: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
They have finished their own, though I was expecting an upset. I had hope that we will win. Bit it has happened. Now it is for me to gp and try my own at the shell 2016 Ogoni livewire youth empowerment program. Just ten days left to register

http://successsecrets01..com/2016/08/only-10-days-left-for-2016-shell.html

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by okhiai1(m): 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
The match pain me die
watin even pain me pass be say i add dem for my ticket and i believed in my team my country haaaa he pain me sad
and dem warn me oooo say make i remove ma i know hear i talk say dem go win
abeg make dem they come house
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by whoAreYou11: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
They should come home jare...

Chelsea is waiting for you Mikel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by shekinahola: 10:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
We lost this match due to Siasia's substitution of Sadiq and bringing on that short guy who allowed the noise of the crowd to enter his head and played rubbish throughout his stay on the pitch. Ajayi as well underperformed.

But with the condition we came to the competition with we tried.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by KevMitnick: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
OK may thunder fire dalongie and his bad luck beret.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by An0nimus: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
I didn't expect us to win just like the Arsenal game vs L'pool. I half-hoped if there's anything like that.

Pass completion should be 20%

Ekong should be in the Premier League.

Mikel should go to another club. He still has some ball in him but even Chelsea's bench is overcrowded right now. Mikel you have won everything, go to another EPL or London club (apart from Arsenal bros angry).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sad we lost but we go out of that game with our heads held high. It is easy to say horrible match and heap blames on the players.

What a lot of people do not get is that outside talents and hardwork, there is also preparation. The Germans have worked for years on playing a particular way. During League breaks, they hold seminars with all the coaches, improving their games. They have Youth projects that have the kids playing a particular way.

Them beating us was not a surprise. The Germans worked hard on pressing the midfield and the defence. That made it very difficult for our players to keep the ball and attack.

First, I give a big shout out to Sadiq Umar. That kid ran his heart out. For a teenager, that to me was a brilliant display.

Mikel Obi. Our mercurial captain. For a player known for not relying on pace, his hard work to press the defence was amazing. His skill and strength in battling the Bender Twins was impressive.

Ekong. He put in a top class performance. There is no way that guy is not the future of the Super Eagles defence.

Emmanuel Daniel. Nice saves. Terrific reflexes. Kept us in the game for most of the match.

I hope this Dream Team wins the Bronze medal. They worked hard, showed determination and Belief. This was a team we can applaud and they deserve a medal for their hard work.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by fotadmowmend(m): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
It tot I was watching Paralympics

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Louiscutedude(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tho dey try I even thk God dat d Germany machine do not score Nigeria up to 5:0 grin is just 2 so God z wonderful I was just praying for Nigeria to equalize around 80minute wen I saw dat in d 88minute Germany added another goal dem I realize dat 3rd place z dre for Nigeria.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by jogsman01(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Built2last:
Sadiq should not come back to Nigeria.

That babe wey collect his brain and energy in Brazil should keep him.

We had our chances in first half to even up and go ahead to win but SadiQ blockos was too heavy for him to move.
i can't just stop laughing at your post....... the thing pain you baje. Anyway, i dey sell german visa...... shey you care...? grin
Built2last:
Sadiq should not come back to Nigeria.

That babe wey collect his brain and energy in Brazil should keep him.

We had our chances in first half to even up and go ahead to win but SadiQ blockos was too heavy for him to move.
i can't just stop laughing at your post....... the thing pain you baje. Anyway, i dey sell german visa...... shey you care...?
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Neoguru1: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
THE ZOO MUST FALL

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Brozo1: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
The match was just catastrophic. Guess the fear of playing against the German machines actually gave Germany the lead that early and they now kept on playing long passes and high balls, when they know that those guys were tall, after the match when saliu, the substitute went to greet one of the germans, the difference was clear. Our defence and attack was poor, just the midfield was to our saviour, wish that saliu started the match, his touches on the ball were marvellous, we really felt Etebo's absence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by iaminspired: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
My thought

I believe the match as not been played. The sorcerers from Brazil just told us what to expect.

Relax they will soon play the match

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week / Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 44th Birthday Today / Why Manchester United Chose Erik Ten Hag As Their Next Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.