Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? (25680 Views)

Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Denmark 2 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Melonny(m): 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
the players look as though they didn't well together before.. I doubt the guys are even the best lads..we have the yahaya, the awoniyi out there.. Siasia should be sacked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Cool23(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Dude we weren't even suppose to go to Olympic even not that people advised buhari zika virus is at hand and u are here insulting buhari we were all shouting Olympic and with came away with nothing guy go and sleep joor
famzynet:
I de vex ooooooooo. These guys just spoilt my day. Just today weee I say make I go watch them na him de f**k up. Make de cucu come back joooor. I trust our dullard president not to send them plane. I go support am for that one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Rocketicon(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
To be frank, those player lacked motivation... Dat game was a national disgrace! I have never seen a Nigeria soccer team played dat way since I was born

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by justmi1: 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Our guys did well, they tried and I am impressed with their performance considering that they are inexperienced when it comes to playing with"machines", they played with the European champion, those Germans played like they were more than eleven on the pitch, and they were physical too, I wish we converted our few chances. We can't win all the time, mind us that all team that lost before now had intentions to win, that's game, that's life, you win some, you lose some, but for 9ja we must win and if we lose then we didn't perform well. How about " we did well but the Germans were better"?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by viki84(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
24 strokes of cane for each of the boys

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Proffdada: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
One word that spoilt the game and the present administration :NEPOTISM
Only strong Ibo strikers would've saved our shame
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Deenite(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ball control equal zero.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by kecee99(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
see how them all played like drunkards. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Please is this a team. Buhari must ensure they're not paid
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by dionflex: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
I blame everybody including myself cos of if i np.watch we for win

Buh i also blame BUHARI for no reason
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by jozz(m): 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Built2last:
Sadiq should not come back to Nigeria.

That babe wey collect his brain and energy in Brazil should keep him.

We had our chances in first half to even up and go ahead to win but SadiQ blockos was too heavy for him to move.

Simply stated, we were outclassed. we played inferior teams all along so we thought we were good.playing a good team such as Germany exposed all our flaws-
1. poor tactics
2. poor ball control
3.inadequate preparation
4.inferiority complex.(our boys were showing too much respect for the Germans)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by witorwitoutyou(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
We were just woeful,D final third passes dt will lead to attack didn't click,i expected siasia to withdrew mikel back to his normal positn(4) to spread d pass and stabilize d middle,retain dt tall guy(Umar),den introduce ajayi to replace aminu Umar. But in all

We still need a foreign coach,our local can't read matches,dis match was very beatable,D Germans didn't play anytin.it was just a replica of what d Danish guys played with all.we were just woeful

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Jarus(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
Our attack let us down. They lacked bite.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Abeyjide: 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
untill we stopped imposing players and sentiments, nigeria will never come out good in football. i even prefer under 17 to represent nigeria. just wasted my petrol.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by lieutenantHaven: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
Quota system and federal character... Sadiq umar, umar Mohammed, shehu umar, Mohammed sadiq, Mohammed shehu.
I can only spot two average players(Mikel &Daniel)....others are so so substandard
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by darmheee: 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
Siasia dd hs best despite all odds bfor n during the competition.... our boys put themselves under-pressure nd playd like Yemetu Bombers aside Mikel, Ekong and lil frm Ezekiel.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Ugosample(m): 10:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Sad we lost but we go out of that game with our heads held high. It is easy to say horrible match and heap blames on the players.

What a lot of people do not get is that outside talents and hardwork, there is also preparation. The Germans have worked for years on playing a particular way. During League breaks, the hold seminars with all the coaches, improving their games. They have Youth projects that have the kids playing a particular way.

Them beating us was not a surprise. The Germans worked hard on pressing the midfield and the defence. That made it very difficult for our players to keep the ball and attack.

First, I give a big shout out to Sadiq Umar. That kid ran his heart out. For a teenager, that to me was a brilliant display.

Mikel Obi. Our mercurial captain. For a player known for not relying on pace, his hard work to press the defence was amazing. His skill and strength in battling the Bender Twins was impressive.

Ekong. He put in a top class performance. There is no way that guy is not the future of the Super Eagles defence.

Emmanuel Daniel. Nice saves. Terrific reflexes. Kept us in the game for most of the match.

I hope this Dream Team wins the Bronze medal. They worked hard, showed determination and Belief. This was a team we can applaud and they deserve a medal for their hard work.

At last, someone with a reasonable comment has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by lieutenantHaven: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Quota system and federal character... Sadiq umar, umar Mohammed, shehu umar, Mohammed sadiq, Mohammed shehu, sadiq shehu.
I can only spot two average players(Mikel &Daniel)....others are so so substandard

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
I will first start by saying that Siasia was biased in his squad selection and players invitation.
Come up, he failed to invite players who could turn on their magic and get him results.

The failure of NFF to press the release of players who could turn the tide for us if everything were against us with their individual brilliance e. g Iwobi, Iheanancho, Ighalo etc.

The tactical blunder of Sia1's taking just one original and CB in William troost Ekong. The likes of Seth, Amuzie and Shehu Abdullahi are just make shift.

He wasted 2 slot of Overage players. We all saw how Akpeyi coped. Why not invite Carl Ikeme if you need a capable safe hands.

Siasia will never learn, he always build a high attacking minded team without having good defenders. Attack Attack Attack without knowing how to defend.

Siasia failure to quickly withdraw Udoh and allow Mikel play his defensive role to shield the black four and coordinate the midfield. The bender brother played as if they were on drugs. They ran riot in our midfield.

We missed Azubekwe and Etebo.

Umar wasted a golden chance to restore parity.

Mikel, Ekong and the GK gave their all.

Why go for high lofty balls w knowing fully well the Germans won all the ball contest? ? .

Siasia should get his act right. His near success syndrome is his bane.

The lads did well knowing fully well how they were treated by the FG, NFF and Sports Ministery.

Daniel Emmanuel, Etebo, Azubekwe and Imoh Ezekiel are good enough for the Super Eagles.

I applaud them for their sacrifices despite having all those numerous challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by ATERI(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
I can`t remember two passes materialising throughout the match, coach can`t be blamed for that. What I think the coach can be blamed for is the fact that he sent them out on a containment mission-that has never yielded anything for us in the past. Once one goal went in, that was the end of the story. As for the over-aged players; Moses, Mikel and Ahmed Musa would have been my preference. On top of everything, is the fact that, SIASIA never wins the top matches at the world level. Once he couldn`t do it in Holland 2005 I don`t see him doing it anytime soon. Today, the Germans were just better in every department of the game. Apart from our goal-keeper, nobody performs for Nigeria today. All in all, it has been a very bad day in the office!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Bobbysmart6(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2016
I knew we re gonna lose,bt i was expecting a tight game. Smh.we go 4 bronze
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Bigcake: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
tonio2wo:
Our boys tried sha indiscipline on their side killed d game for them. The germans deserve tge victory, they were d better team.

Until nigeria put away quoter system in everything we do, we can NEVER move forward as a country. We will keep dwelling in mediocrity if we refuse to pick the best in anything we get involve with.

I don talk my own! Make una take heart Man U will win d EPL and make us happy grin
Keep kwayet, what do you understand by quota system.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by chuksey1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
this is definately a clear case of INNOSON vs MERCEDES BENZ

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by lieutenantHaven: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Slimzjoe:

To show how Johnbullish you are undecided Akpeyi no even play
Ewure, d goalie's name is Daniel akpeyi.
Obo
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by mightyleks(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hmmmmmm I shouldn't just write my thought here bacause
1. Nairaland will not contain it
2. My ba3 will run down before I finish
3. I might keep writing till #1=$1

Good night
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by justmi1: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2016
Our guys did well, they tried and I am impressed with their performance considering that they are inexperienced when it comes to playing with"machines", they played with the European champion, those Germans played like they were more than eleven on the pitch, and they were physical too, I wish we converted our few chances. We can't win all the time, mind us that all team that lost before now had intentions to win, that's game, that's life, you win some, you lose some, but for 9ja we must win and if we lose then we didn't perform well. How about " we did well but the Germans were better"?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Brozo1:
The match was just catastrophic. Guess the fear of playing against the German machines actually gave Germany the lead that early and they now kept on playing long passes and high balls, when they know that those guys were tall, after the match when saliu, the substitute went to greet one of the germans, the difference was clear. Our defence and attack was poor, just the midfield was to our saviour, wish that saliu started the match, his touches on the ball were marvellous, we really felt Etebo's absence.

Coach Siasia opted to play the long ball because he expected the Germans to perform better in the midfield. Looping over the packed five man midfield of the Germans was the only way he expected us to cope.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by tonio2wo: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Bigcake:
Keep kwayet, what do you understand by quota system.
Fuckoff! Afonja!
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by EkeneElectrons(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
dry match... both teams where boring.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by seyema(m): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
They prefer bronze
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by Sijo01(f): 10:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
brostheo:
Girl on gen watch match? My sister are you sure?

Read your post out loud and hear how shallow you sound. Smh
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? by powacon: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
IMO, the Beret wearing Minister completely destabilized the team. SUCH INCOMPETENCE. I still give it to the team for putting up a fight against a well organized, coordinated and strong German side.

Our leaders need to get it right.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week / Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe / Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 44th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.