Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. (613 Views)

Banana Plantation And Plantain Plantation..which Is More Profitable? / Between Plantain Farming And Cashew Farming, Which Is More Profitable? / Gnld Super Gro Fertilizer For Crop Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. by iyoha240: 12:14am On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Friends, i want to venture into Farming but i dont know the one to go for. My questions are

Which one is more profitable?
Which one require less income to start with?Which one requires less Human power to manage?

Pls i will like to get more comments on this......you can site example from your experience....Thanks

Mods pls help me......I need this on Front page, i want to get huge opinion...Thanks

Seun, Lalasticlalalala..
Re: Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. by victorpotasowie: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
hi. hw i wish i hav wat u ve got anyways i advice u dont bother too much if u ve a big land say 3 - 5 plots i wld do mixed farming wer i may not require tins like fertiliizer n other animal feed but if u ve limited space ps do livestock period.
ps i am in kaduna if u cud help me get a land? tnx
Re: Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. by iyoha240: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2016
i need more answer to this please
Re: Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. by NaijaPress: 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Both types of farming can be very lucrative, all it requires is adequate planning and that is all... Get a business plan and start... https://www.ngbusiness.com.ng/crop-farming/
Re: Livestock Farming And Crop Farming Which One Is More Profitable In NIG. by GideonOludayomi(m): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Both can be very profitable and one thing I can assure you from experience is that none outweighs the other even in terms of risk exposure. Isn't that awesome? However, what is most important is your understanding of either of the two.

I would advise you let some indices guide you such as the size of land you have access to, your persoƱal disposition, access to 'expertise emergency', and the size of your purse. To be better guided, you should network with farmers or consultants, visit or volunteer on their farm for a little time for exposure.

Lastly, you should know that agriculture is the only sector with a complete or recycling value chain. That is, as in the context of this response, crop waste= animal gain and animal waste = crop gain. Therefore in the light of this, most experienced farmers practice both but with more emphasis on one.

(1) (Reply)

Pl Help I Hav Lost Over 40% Of My Cucumber Plant / Snail Farming Technology That Guaranty High Yield / Ilorin: Farm Fresh Christmas Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.