Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident (16136 Views)

Another Protest Ongoing At FUTO In Owerri (Photos) / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2016
its a pity that the FUNAAB everybody knew is gone.. we now have a school in which Robbery case happens almost everyday..
we now have a school in which there is disorderliness among our Excos
we now have a school in which the health centre no longer have enough workers to treat the students
we now have a school in which everything is now being postponed(inaugural, convocation, resumption)
we now have a school in which the academic calendar is no more straight...

what caused this morning protest was because, 2 hostels were robbed over the night(in which this is not the first time of its happening)
Adejoke hostel was robbed with Phones ,laptops and some valuables were carted away with a student seriously injured on his head..
This instigated the protest because this is not the first of its happening in funaab,it has become a regular routine in funaab environment with Robbers/burglers upsetting the peace of the students but the best the school could do is to fold their arms and look...
The road leading to the school has been blocked making it impossible for any vehicle to go in or out of the school..
The student union president popularly known as DENCO addressed the crowd at the protest and stated three things that would be done if at all the student would stop the protest
*NO ACADEMIC activities till a lasting solution is found

* School management should write a letter of commitment to the students off campus to show that they are also property of the school from hence forth

* The commissioner of police Ogun state should be presented at the protest right way .

If any of this three is not put in place the protest would move to the school..
Students are already moving to the main Express road(abk-Ibadan)

#Bring_back_FUNAAB

Do you know that our VC was invited by EFCC yesterday?

1 Share

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by octopusfreaky(f): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2016
:-XFunaab again
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by horlahsunbo225(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by veekid(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
shocked
It's well
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by RobinRay(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
tbh their protest is gonna be as useless as the "P" in psychology
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Spells(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
All I see is football.... Abi na football robbery protest

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by harshemeyou: 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
MAKE I JUST TAKE A SIT AND WATCH
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Temmytea70(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Where is the Funaab i always know.. ... #saveFunaab

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Unsad(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
Slowly becoming another OAU
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by ollykay619(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
The protest is serious. A stray bullet just hit one of the student and he is confirmed dead.
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Unsad(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
ollykay619:
The protest is serious. A stray bullet just hit one of the student and he is confirmed dead.
Seriously?
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by jaymejate: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bad things in Nigeria universities
Mtchew
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by winkmart: 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SCHOOL..WE NEVER HAD THIS IN OUR TIME..WHAT HAS GONE WRONG...WELL THE POPULATION IS QUITE GROWING..SO DEFINITELY THORNS WILL GROW AMONG THE GRASS

08/09 SET

7 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by brunobaba(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Funny enough,the thieves might join in the protest....no be student dey rob student?

8 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
ONE DAY NIGERIA WILL GET BETTER.. cool cool cool cool ALL this will stop
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Timoleon(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
there is a possibility that members of the robbery gang are amongsst the protesters.

Just thinking out loud.

4 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by slim19(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thank God I left the hostel before the incident....God is great #savefunaab
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Yusfunoble(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
God help us!
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by rita25(f): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
AND THEY WILL CLAIM TO HAVE STRONG MEN IN THAT SCHOOL AND LOCAL THIEVES DEY USE THEM SHINE ...ABI NA THE RUNS MEN BE THE THIEVES? WELL LET ME COME AND BE GOING MY OWN JEJELY WERRIN CONCERN AGBERO WITH OVERLOAD?
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by LydayBobo(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
With due respect which one is FUNNAB? Is it UNAAB. Either way they should just right an open letter (SOS) march peacefully to the DPO office, Governor office, King palace and finally VCs office to drop the letter. Don't barricade the roads, it might be hijacked by unscrupulous elements. Just my thoughts
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by NameChecker: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
These lazy student have found a strategy to postpone exams?

See that one with football?

6 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by shotin(m): 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
I like that SUG president... Not a puppet to the school management.... Sometimes if students don't do sometin lyk dis, the school will not do wot ought to be right......
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by ademidedavid(f): 12:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
since this FST man (Prof. Olusola Oyewole) became unaab's VC, the school has being in serious mess!!! ohhhhh my unaab that used to be the most peaceful university in Nigeria then.......best institution some years back and always in the 1st 10 universities ranking in Balo's period, best in web ranking then......how hath thou fallen oohhh my great institution..... I STILL REMAIN AN EX UNAABITE

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by funaabu: 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
more

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by OYAY(m): 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
What a dumb demand!!! What is the correlation between insecurity in the campus and commitment letter to the off campus students? And the op to say a student of my former school wrote this piece arose my curiosity!
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
more
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Fidelismaria: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
ONE DAY NIGERIA WILL GET BETTER.. cool cool cool cool ALL this will stop

One day

But one tin is 4 sure u will b long dead
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Neyo230(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
God help us in Funaab! #SaveFunaab
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
From what I see in that picture,.....all I see is misplaced protest

Who carries football to protest?

No placards showing reasons for d protest

Btw....how can the school provide security for students leaving outside campus? unless the sch has no hostel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by invisible4d: 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
2 people confirmed dead
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by sunnyeinstein(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
winkmart:
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SCHOOL..WE NEVER HAD THIS IN OUR TIME..WHAT HAS GONE WRONG...WELL THE POPULATION IS QUITE GROWING..SO DEFINITELY THORNS WILL GROW AMONG THE GRASS

08/09 SET

Same set too, wc dept?

Funaab (unaab to me) is not knwn for violence bt it was long coming. The rate of y-y boyz n cultists ryt nw is alarming and its d honest students dat r suffering it.

Truth is we faced-off with police in 2004 when den VC prof adu brought a whole police unit with their tanks to storm the school. Will never forget that day, it was beautiful horror and we paid 5k afta spending 3months languishing @home. But back den we had correct aluta machines wey add sense, not all dis babies dat jus wanto cause trouble.
RIP to d dead if na true.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by duduade: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Where is the dean of student affairs?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PTDF Gives Scholarships To 60 Nigerian Undergraduates In Norwegian University / Nigerian Science & Mathematics Olympiad Past Questions: Free Download / Nigeria Universities And Colleges Ranking The Best Is:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.