Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident (16151 Views)

Another Protest Ongoing At FUTO In Owerri (Photos) / A Student Shot During Protest In FUNAAB Today (Photos) / Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Emmafe(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Police shooting like they are fighting Boko haramembarassed
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by opedaydydx9(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Uhm
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by DVMtuppence(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
It's bloody already, 2students dead
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by lammie21(m): 12:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
winkmart:
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SCHOOL..WE NEVER HAD THIS IN OUR TIME..WHAT HAS GONE WRONG...WELL THE POPULATION IS QUITE GROWING..SO DEFINITELY THORNS WILL GROW AMONG THE GRASS

08/09 SET
Yea bro.. 09/10 SET
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Abbeyunique2(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
What is happening @ my Alma mata?? To think I stayed closed to the hostel when I was still in school. All is well. RIP to the dead 100 level student.
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by winkmart: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

Same set too, wc dept?

Funaab (unaab to me) is not knwn for violence bt it was long coming. The rate of y-y boyz n cultists ryt nw is alarming and its d honest students dat r suffering it.

Truth is we faced-off with police in 2005 when den VC prof adu brought a whole police unit with their tanks to storm the school. Will never forget that day, it was beautiful horror and we paid 5k afta spending 3months languishing @home. But back den we had correct aluta machines wey add sense, not all dis babies dat jus wanto cause trouble.
RIP to d dead if na true.

I wasnt in good that day in the year 2005. I just developed one malaria that morning. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, because I knew myself to be a stubborn lad then...studied ABG
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Smhart1(f): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
I just heard 3 students are dead now...

RIP to the dead student.

bringbackourfunaab

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by baser02(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
rip to the dead ones
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by engrfemi(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Unaab unaab glory of our days Onward ,forward we shall ever be...............!!!!!
Balogun's product though.......!

3 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by baser02(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
God should just help and protect us
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by engrfemi(m): 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Unaab unaab glory of our days Onward ,forward we shall ever be...............!!!!!
Balogun's product though.......!

God help unaab
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by horluwatosin(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
winkmart:
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SCHOOL..WE NEVER HAD THIS IN OUR TIME..WHAT HAS GONE WRONG...WELL THE POPULATION IS QUITE GROWING..SO DEFINITELY THORNS WILL GROW AMONG THE GRASS

08/09 SET
who are d thorns and who r d grass. if it were to b your sister that was robbed and raped u wont say this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by horluwatosin(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
rita25:
AND THEY WILL CLAIM TO HAVE STRONG MEN IN THAT SCHOOL AND LOCAL THIEVES DEY USE THEM SHINE ...ABI NA THE RUNS MEN BE THE THIEVES? WELL LET ME COME AND BE GOING MY OWN JEJELY WERRIN CONCERN AGBERO WITH OVERLOAD?
****if it were to b your brother is that wat u will say

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by ademidedavid(f): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
dudua de:
Where is the dean of student affairs?
On his way to ELEWE ERAN!!!
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Only God will help us ..
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ongoing riot at camp/obantoko

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by itoese(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Let the Student Union call a meeting of all the the Landlords and community members. Let them brainstorm and come up with a security plan. By this the situation could be brought to a minimal level.
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by 1wolex85: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
sunnyeinstein:

Same set too, wc dept?

Funaab (unaab to me) is not knwn for violence bt it was long coming. The rate of y-y boyz n cultists ryt nw is alarming and its d honest students dat r suffering it.

Truth is we faced-off with police in 2005 when den VC prof adu brought a whole police unit with their tanks to storm the school. Will never forget that day, it was beautiful horror and we paid 5k afta spending 3months languishing @home. But back den we had correct aluta machines wey add sense, not all dis babies dat jus wanto cause trouble.
RIP to d dead if na true.

Guy, that date was Sept 30th 2004! Wole Aluta, Versace (Fasasi) dem time. That day was bloody and will never forget in my life!

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by DhimxyMaxwell(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
It is with sad hearts we announce the death of ABISOYE TAIWO, a hundred level student of the department of Forestry and Wildlife Management (FWM), FUNAAB; who was reported to have been shot dead this morning at Camp.

May his Soul Rest in Perfect Peace

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Ademat7(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
when they said police shot protesters in ABA we think it's a lie now we can see it's true we hv **illiterate police**
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by octopusfreaky(f): 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
DhimxyMaxwell:
It is with sad hearts we announce the death of ABISOYE TAIWO, a hundred level student of the department of Forestry and Wildlife Management (FWM), FUNAAB; who was reported to have been shot dead this morning at Camp.

May his Soul Rest in Perfect Peace
Haaa, menn ds is bad.
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by jaydee87(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
uhm my beloved unaab, when did u degenerate to this wen protest are done at nay slight. incidence. robbery off campus don tey na not just starting and nothing can be done to that unless u want to be lied to. so denco should look for a way to stop the protest and device another means to plead with the students affected. wish u guys all the best...
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by olu4life(m): 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Oh Jeezzzz. Never for once had UNAAB gotten this much publicity on a bad news.
A once peaceful environment turned upside down. That VC is useless as the "p" in psychology. Very stupid man, a so called Pastor for that matter.Im so mad right now angry angry angry

Kudos to the SUG for this step. Same robbery news was here on NL last year and nothing had been done so far.

Oh my Balogun, God bless you wherever you are. And for those saying the VC has no business with security on off-campus. Its like ur brain has malfunctioned and no longer can reason. angry

My beloved Alma mata cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by jaydee87(m): 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
What is happening @ my Alma mata?? To think I stayed closed to the hostel when I was still in school. All is well. RIP to the dead 100 level student.
did u stay in unique villa.....
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by sunnyeinstein(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
1wolex85:

Guy, that date was Sept 30th 2004! Wole Aluta, Versace (Fasasi) dem time. That day was bloody and will never forget in my life!

Pardon me mistake jere. I dey always mix both togeda #mybad. I can vividly rememba hw guys were throwin teargas back to police arnd dat colnas field. Na inside cassava farm i hide wen tank come meet me (my white shirt gave me away) and they shoot me n my guy teargas, waited for us to run out but we held on to our breath till dey went away. Thank God dem no catch us if not dem go rusticate me ni because most pple wey dem give 1-3 semester knew nothing abt it.... all because of mtn mast!

2 Likes

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Darey00(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
God bless Balogun wherever he is!! Left before the madness started. It is well o

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by sunnyeinstein(m): 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
winkmart:

I wasnt in good that day in the year 2005. I just developed one malaria that morning. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, because I knew myself to be a stubborn lad then...studied ABG

Na 2004 oo, my 1st year. I wasnt supposed to be in skool dat day oo bt na exam pass carry me go. And i kon wear my best shirt den (white) to schl. D tin turn brown and i lost my slippers!

U knw Dara Tayo (nickname TY) in APH? Na my good broda
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by winkmart: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
horluwatosin:
who are d thorns and who r d grass. if it were to b your sister that was robbed and raped u wont say this nonsense

shut up, did I call you

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by JosephChaze: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
There aren't enough comfortable hostels inside the school to accommodate all the students so, there will definitely be students that will have to live outside the school.
Knowing this, the Chief Security Officer of the school in a careless statement at some point when these robberies became more rampant said that "The People living outside the school are non of my concern". This statement alone may have encouraged the robbers or would-be robbers to continue with their criminal act.

The school management, security officers and even the police had never taken any real action to stop the robbery of students. Now, two students have been confirmed dead, talkless of the countless injuries inflicted upon the students by these robbers.

Now that the protesting students have seemed to catch the attention of the general public to these horrible events, we hope to see some real change.
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by horluwatosin(m): 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
winkmart:

shut up, did I call you
sharap.....heartless idiot. A student is dead and u av d mind to say shit
Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by Harmored(m): 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
NameChecker:
These lazy student have found a strategy to postpone exams?

See that one with football?

2 students are dead already

1 Like

Re: Protest Ongoing In Funaab Over Robbery Incident by SamOgasco(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2016
ollykay619:
The protest is serious. A stray bullet just hit one of the student and he is confirmed dead.

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Universities And Colleges Ranking The Best Is: / How To Prepare For JAMB 2018/2019 And Score Very High / OAU Will Not Conduct Post UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.