Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life (10084 Views)

Sad Realities Of The Modern World(pics) / Creepiest Ancient Egyptian Curses Unleashed By Archaeologists(Photos) / The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Explorers(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
hahn:

What about our own elders that have been chewing kpako from the days of dinosaurs? undecided

Maybe some traders brougth that from there, i also learnt somewhere that our ancestors started cleaning their teeth&bathing when the whites first came to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Richie0974: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Explorers:
15. The planets.

Egyptians knew the existence of Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Mars, and Jupiter. They had names for them such as Sebequ,a god associated with Set , (Mercury), “god of the morning” (Venus), “bull of the sky” (Saturn), “Horus the red” or “Horus of the horizon” (Mars), and “Horus who limits the Two Lands” (Jupiter).

http://facts.randomhistory.com/interesting-facts-about-egypt.html

How could they have known this when they had not been to space?
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Explorers(m): 2:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Richie0974:

How could they have known this when they had not been to space?

Maybe you should check this bro.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_astronomy?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9283416583
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by hahn(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
Explorers:

Maybe some traders brougth that from there, i also learnt somewhere that our ancestors started cleaning their teeth&bathing when the whites first came to Nigeria

Where did you read that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Richie0974: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
Explorers:

Maybe you should check this bro.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_astronomy?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9283416583

Ok, thanks.
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Explorers(m): 2:09am On Aug 20, 2016
phykiesexy:
Explorer Chei I give it u. D pen is really mightier than d sword. Why don't u decide to make money from ur research via blogging. I read through where u got the information from and u tried a little to avoid plagiarism. U already have fans here. Once u post some points, d rest wld be on ur blog. I am sure Nairalanders would encourage u. Just saying sha oh. grin

Lol..Tnx bro.
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by SpicyJosBabe(f): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2016
Brilliant write up
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by undiplomatic: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Explorers keep up ur good work, ur threads are always exciting, educative & informative on a wide range of issues & events, you are intelligent and hardworking cos i know it takes a lot of time researching and putting the resource materials together before creating the threads, kindly help me out please, i think u are an academician?

1 Like

Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by Explorers(m): 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
Tanx bro, am not o.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by MtuMsuper: 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
Explorers:
16. Religion.

Ancient Egyptians believed in more than 2,000 deities.

Egyptians worshipped different Gods so that life could be kept in balance. Each God had different “responsibilities”. The list of deities includes hawk-headed Sun God Ra, Goddess of moisture Tefnut, Anubis the god of embalming and the dead, and many more.

The Ancient Egyptians had questions about the afterlife, what happens when you die, and if gods existed. So they invented a religion that they strongly believed in and followed through in their beliefs and worshiped their gods, just like we do today. If they wouldn't have created these religions we would have different beliefs today.

http://www.storypick.com/fascinating-ancient-egypt/
Alot of people may not know this but the adoption of the cross as the pre eminent symbol of christianity owes alot to Egyptian religious practice in the late antiquity period when the founders of the faith lived. Observe that all of those egyptian gods holding an object in the left hand.That object is called an ankh The ankh was the symbol of divinity in ancient Egypt. That christ died on a cross and his divine nature and awe being widely known, and also the notion of a single supreme almighty being being popular since the times of the (heretic!) pharaoh Akhenaten ,proved to be a major factor in the adoption of xtianity amongst egyptians in the roman empire in the early years. The egyptians were the first amongst the many nations in the roman empire to adopt xtianity en masse, and its connection to the symbolism represented by the ankh and cross has not escaped the attention of curious scholars.
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by balogunakanbi: 8:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
hahn:
Can we classify Egyptians as Africans?
Acient Egyptians were Blacks.
Re: Some Ways The Ancient Egyptians Influenced The Modern Life by mamaafrik(m): 6:13am On Nov 27, 2018
undiplomatic:
Explorers keep up ur good work, ur threads are always exciting, educative & informative on a wide range of issues & events, you are intelligent and hardworking cos i know it takes a lot of time researching and putting the resource materials together before creating the threads, kindly help me out please, i think u are an academician?
he should start writing books and films.He will soon blow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Tai Solarin College Of Education Post Utme Form Out / world shortest man - picture / Shortlisted Candidates For NLNG SCHOLARSHIP Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.