Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering (4028 Views)

Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
1.Christians and muslims ...if creation had supposedly stopped since far back as 10000 years ago,why are stars like FU ORIONIS being birthed inside the last 100 years.?
2..Christians if you were born in Afghanistan to muslim parents which God wud u have called the true God?
Muslims if you were born in the Vatican city(a country) or Greece to staunch christian parents which God wud u have called the true God?
3...Christians do you believe Muhammed rode a flying horse and divided the moon into two?
Muslims do u believe yahweh made a donkey talk?

4..Christians and Muslims do u believe the sun orbits the earth as ur holybooks said it did or do u believe the earth orbits the sun?

5...Christians and Muslims ..if the universe is jst approx. 10000 years old...then how does the light from
the ANDROMEDA GALAXY which is supposed to take 2.2 MILLION YEARS to reach the earth reaches us?
6...Christians why dont u believe and fear the islamic hell and Muslims why dont u believe and fear the christian hell? ....

7...Christians and Muslims ..why did ur holybooks make no mention of HOMO NEANDERTHALS? And how is it possible that the fossils of them are being found if the earth is jst 10000 years old?
cc:winner01 kingsebukablog 4evergod felixomor malvisguy212 image123 Empiree worldword etc..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by malvisguy212: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Title of your thread, "will lie when answering " seriously ? You really want to argue. Goodluck with your thread. Bye

2 Likes

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by Ekugbeh(m): 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
I think som questions need no answer. Q.E.D.
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Where did you see that the universe is 10,000 years old??
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
Title of your thread, "will lie when answering " seriously ? You really want to argue. Goodluck with your thread. Bye
i jst want u to state ur answers..majorly in yes and no..with lil points if need be
I dnt have the intent of procuring an argument..
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:
1.Christians and muslims ...if creation had supposedly stopped since far back as 10000 years ago,why are stars like FU ORIONIS being birthed inside the last 100 years.?
2..Christians if you were born in Afghanistan to muslim parents which God wud u have called the true God?
Muslims if you were born in the Vatican city(a country) or Greece to staunch christian parents which God wud u have called the true God?
3...Christians do you believe Muhammed rode a flying horse and divided the moon into two?

4..Christians and Muslims do u believe the sun orbits the earth as ur holybooks said it did or do u believe the earth orbits the sun?

5...Christians and Muslims ..if the universe is jst approx. 10000 years old...then how does the light from
the ANDROMEDA GALAXY which is supposed to take 2.2 MILLION YEARS to reach the earth reaches us?
6...Christians why dont u believe and fear the islamic hell and Muslims why dont u believe and fear the christian hell? ....

7...Christians and Muslims ..why did ur holybooks make no mention of HOMO NEANDERTHALS? And how is it possible that the fossils of them are being found if the earth is jst 10000 years old?
cc:winner01 kingsebukablog 4evergod felixomor malvisguy212 image123 Empiree worldword etc..

Your post is suffused with logical fallacies - strawman , Hasty generalization and short gun argumentation

I'm a progressive creationist , there are old earth creationists and new earth creationists . There are also theistic evolutionists

Plus there are people who have different views and opinions about Hell

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by malvisguy212: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

i jst want u to state ur answers..majorly in yes and no..with lil points if need be
I dnt have the intent of procuring an argument..
how old are you ? What the point in answering your questions when you already reject the answer ? Wait for the next person to answer you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
Budweiser:
Where did you see that the universe is 10,000 years old??
its even younger than that according to creationists...
The story of adam and eve date back to 4004bc m jst giving t a latter date...
Islam states no exact age of the universe except once it said a day of the lord equals a thousand years..(nd allah made the earth in 6 days..approx 6k years..20th century -6th century gives abt 14 centuries ...7.4k years..so lets jst say islam puts.the universe to 10kyrs..
Cheers
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Okay we've heard.
But what exactly do you want?

To not believe in God with you? undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
how old are you ? What the point in answering your questions when you already reject the answer ? Wait for the next person to answer you.
what has age got to do with the questions above.?
I stated that because of my no 2 question..
M pretty confident u wont admit allah is the real god...
Or wud u?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your post is suffused with logical fallacies - strawman , Hasty generalization and short gun argumentation

I'm a progressive creationist , there are old earth creationists and new earth creationists .

Plus there are people who have different views and opinions about Hell

pls point out the logical fallacies...thank u
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
Answer at your own peril. Have you ever spoken to a tree?
Well, i guessed so too. Except that this tree spends its only life wanting you to become a tree with him.

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by felixomor: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Shallowness on display!
Please o, how did u arrive at your estimated christian view for the "age of the earth" or age universe so to say ?

Please explain in detail, shocked
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
winner01:
Answer at your own peril. Have you ever spoken to a tree?
Well, i guessed so too. Except that this tree spends its only life wanting you to become a tree with him.
ts nt a matter of god...as u see..i didnt isolate christianity...its a matter of general sincerity..
So if u have answers..answer
if u dont have answers..u prove me right indirectly...
I may be a tree..bt i am a tree of life...
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
felixomor:
Shallowness on display!
Please o, how did u arrive at your estimated christian view for the "age of the earth" or age universe so to say ?

Please explain in detail, shocked
the adam and eve event is dated to 4004 BC
i even elongated the age for benefit of doubt..
Or did i forge this?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

ts nt a matter of god...as u see..i didnt isolate christianity...its a matter of general sincerity..
So if u have answers..answer
if u dont have answers..u prove me right indirectly...
I may be a tree..bt i am a tree of life...
The only answer I have for you; Go and learn what a "LACK OF BELIEF" means.
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:
I cannot explain this. Though I would have said that God has already subjected the universe to the principle of motion.
surely, I would have called Allah God

Verily, I do not

the earth orbits the sun.

this I do not know
I do not vouch for the barbaric doctrine of hell neither do I believe in an infernal confine of eternal
punishment

The book of Job made mention of men dwelling in caves. I would post the verse when I remember it.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
winner01:
The only answer I have for you; Go and learn what a "LACK OF BELIEF" means.
does lacking belief prohibit me from speaking on a concept?
Does ur lack of belief in the present nigerian government prohibit u from talking about it?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

does lacking belief prohibit me from speaking on a concept?
Does ur lack of belief in the present nigerian government prohibit u from talking about it?
I believe in the existence of the Nigerian Government. I lack a belief in the existence of the Niger-ghana government. I dont spend my life dwelling on it.
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thank you for your sincerity..
lordnicklaus:

I cannot explain this. Though I would have said that God has already subjected the universe to the principle of motion.
in other words..he set the motion..not create them..that wud contradict the bible tho..

surely, I would have called Allah God
i appreciate sincerity here..bt it begs some questions tho..like substituting this event for the real world...doesnt it then create confusion on the real god? Or doesnt it make choosing the right god to be a probability?

Verily, I do not
okay..if u apply this vice versa..well i leave it to the heavens

the earth orbits the sun.
thank you

this I do not know
aiit

I do not vouch for the barbaric doctrine of hell neither do I believe in an infernal confine of eternal
punishment
ok..well said

The book of Job made mention of men dwelling in caves. I would post the verse when I remember it.
aiit..i await..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:
1.Christians and muslims ...if creation had supposedly stopped since far back as 10000 years ago,why are stars like FU ORIONIS being birthed inside the last 100 years.? [/b]

What does a sinner know about honesty? Anyway. Who said that creation stopped since far back as 10000years ago? Where was it said? What context was it said?

There are christians in Afghanistan, and i have christian friends who were born to muslim parents and still have some muslim siblings. There are also people born inside church and children of Reverends and Prophetess that are not christians. Christianity is not by the first birth, ever heard of the phrase "BORN AGAIN"?

What if they did? Whose fault and whose business? How does their doing or not doing that affect my life?

Where does the Bible say that the sun orbits the earth?

Who said that the universe is approximately 10000 years old?

Hell is real, i do not think you should fear it, i think you should avoid it. There is nothing like the christian hell, it is as foolish as saying the christain sun or the christian earth or the christain river.

Because there was no need to. Why did the Nigerian constitution not make mention of it? Why is it not stated in any of your certificates or any of your family's certificates or documents?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
winner01:
I believe in the existence of the Nigerian Government. I lack a belief in the existence of the Niger-ghana government. I dont spend my life dwelling on it.
ok..
But if someone then tells u the Niger-ghana government exists...wont u speak ur opinions abt it?
And if somehow mysteriously a huge number of persons believe in that government...wont u ponder why? And in some instances ask why they do?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

ok..
But if someone then tells u the Niger-ghana government exists...wont u speak ur opinions abt it?
And if somehow mysteriously a huge number of persons believe in that government...wont u ponder why? And in some instances ask why they do?
Then ill tell him its a lie. If he sounds so convinced, ill make my findings. If I discover its a lie and he's still pretty sure about it, then its a case of delusion. Ill leave him to live his life and not mock him everyday of my life.

Afterall, the universe does not care what you do or dont do, so why are bags of cells deluding themselves into thinking their beliefs or disbeliefs matter?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
raphieMontella:

pls point out the logical fallacies...thank u

Strawman - you falsely represented the views of Christians and Muslims . False conclusions could be drawn

Hasty Generalization - not everyone holds the views you presented .You generalized from insufficient evidence

Shortgun argumentation - you are inundating your opponents with too many arguments

2 Likes

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thank you ffor ur sincerity
Image123:

What does a sinner know about honesty? Anyway. Who said that creation stopped since far back as 10000years ago? Where was it said? What context was it said?
Gen 2:1-2.....Exodus 20:11
cheers..

There are christians in Afghanistan, and i have christian friends who were born to muslim parents and still have some muslim siblings. There are also people born inside church and children of Reverends and Prophetess that are not christians. Christianity is not by the first birth, ever heard of the phrase "BORN AGAIN"?
afghanistan is 99.8% islam...
Nd like i said..u were born to islam parents...
So i jst need a straight answer...if it were u..what wud u be ?

What if they did? Whose fault and whose business? How does their doing or not doing that affect my life?
ok..it doesnt...then it doesnt make muhammed a liar also...

Where does the Bible say that the sun orbits the earth?
psalms 19:4-6
joshua 10:12-13
judges 5:31
job 9:7

Who said that the universe is approximately 10000 years old?
dating backwards from the birth of jesus in 4BC it has been dated that the adam and eve story took place around 4004BC ...(genesis stories)

Hell is real, i do not think you should fear it, i think you should avoid it. There is nothing like the christian hell, it is as foolish as saying the christain sun or the christian earth or the christain river.
in religion...they may be...
The cause of the hell in christianity differs frm that of islam...
Or do the two gods co-function?

Because there was no need to. Why did the Nigerian constitution not make mention of it? Why is it not stated in any of your certificates or any of your family's certificates or documents?
nigeria did nt talk about the creation of man...neither did my family claim to create planet earth...
Bt the homo neanderthals were kind of a sub species of homo sapiens..nd god seemingly the all creator...failed to say so of such...nd said the origin of man started with a homo sapien..
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 12:08am On Aug 19, 2016
winner01:
Then ill tell him its a lie. If he sounds so convinced, ill make my findings. If I discover its a lie and he's still pretty sure about it, then its a case of delusion. Ill leave him to live his life and not mock him everyday of my life.
k..bt this works two ways
a christian wud nt leave a muslim or an idol worshipper to do his stuffs...because he feels they are delusional..and that delusion wud lead to eternal damnation..so the human in the christian tries to win that person to his belief...
Is this true or not?

If u substitute the terms..
Its kinda like the same tin for an average atheist..
Wudnt want his fellow human to keep on living a lie when he/she has jst one life to live...
We both knw Christians first startted the evangelism..

Afterall, the universe does not care what you do or dont do, so why are bags of cells deluding themselves into thinking their beliefs or disbeliefs matter?
because every bag of cells have jst an average of 30k days on earth..so it matters a lot...utilizing that chance given to each bag of cells to make the earth better is relevant.
We all have ethics...
Atheists are not cold blooded mammals
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 12:12am On Aug 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Strawman - you falsely represented the views of Christians and Muslims . False conclusions could be drawn
i ask again sire...where did i?

Hasty Generalization - not everyone holds the views you presented .You generalized from insufficient evidence
is it that muslims dnt believe in muhammed or what sire?

Shortgun argumentation - you are inundating your opponents with too many arguments [/quote]
baba all these grammar are unnecessary..dnt knw ur corelation with grammar..
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by Image123(m): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2016
raphieMontella:
Thank you ffor ur sincerity

Gen 2:1-2.....Exodus 20:11
cheers..

Thank you for thanking me, cheesy cheesy
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The above scriptures say absolutely nothing about 10000years ago. You may re-read them again to be sure. To help you though, we have new chickens born every day, new trees grow, new mountains and rocks continually formed. The emergence of a star or planet is not contradictory to any Bible claim. And as you have seen, the passages say nothing about any 10000 years.

afghanistan is 99.8% islam...
Nd like i said..u were born to islam parents...
So i jst need a straight answer...if it were u..what wud u be ?

Exactly why i am saying that there are christians there. Out of about over 30million people, there are some christians there. i also KNOW people, MY FRIENDS who were born to islam parents and have siblings who still practice that religion but they are christians. These REALITY makes nonsense of your hoping PROBABILITY that someone born of islam parents or someone living in Afghan cannot be a christian. Jesus died for the whole world, and people give their lives to Him anywhere and everywhere. He is not bound. Deal with realities and facts, not with conjectures and whatifs. That is straight enough, the God that knew me from my mother's womb knows and i know that i was born to be God's pikin.

ok..it doesnt...then it doesnt make muhammed a liar also...

Who cares? It is not my business or not if he is a liar or a 'truther', it adds nothing to me. If he likes, let him divide the sun into 24, so what? It takes nothing away from the fact that Jesus died for me.

psalms 19:4-6
joshua 10:12-13
judges 5:31
job 9:7
Psa 19:4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
Psa 19:5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
Psa 19:6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

Jos 10:12 Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Jos 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Jdg 5:31 So let all thine enemies perish, O LORD: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.

Job 9:7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.

ORBIT: to move around an astronomical object in a path dictated by the force of gravity exerted by that body

None of the above scriptures talks about the Sun moving AROUND the earth, in revolution or rotation context as you are suggesting or implying(i understand your line of argument/query). It is a simple and normal standard of expression as the usual SUNRISE and SUNSET. Everybody uses those expression till tomorrow, nobody makes silly noise about it. Only people who have nothing to say will be twisting it as scientific evidence against Bible, the Bible is not your geography textbook. It is like saying breaking one's heart, or my heart jumped. Tha't human viewpoint and expression. And yes, the clouds, the moon and the Sun do move, but the earth also move. Just like in a moving car, the trees appear to be moving when you are the one actually moving. Come to actually think of it, you are not moving in a sense but it is the car that is moving, or even more correct to say that the car is moving you.

dating backwards from the birth of jesus in 4BC it has been dated that the adam and eve story took place around 4004BC ...(genesis stories)

Well, that still says nothing about the UNIVERSE being 1000years old. Jesus or Adam and Eve are not the Universe, are they?

in religion...they may be...
The cause of the hell in christianity differs frm that of islam...
Or do the two gods co-function?

The cause of the River Ogun in Egbaland is different from the cause of the River Ogun from the christian viewpoint too, some people think that it was a human being that became river, you know?. The cause of the economic issues in Nigeria is different in the mouths of the two major political parties. Does that mean that there are no economic issues?

nigeria did nt talk about the creation of man...neither did my family claim to create planet earth...
Bt the homo neanderthals were kind of a sub species of homo sapiens..nd god seemingly the all creator...failed to say so of such...nd said the origin of man started with a homo sapien..

The homo neanderthals are not homo sapien, are they?

1 Like

Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 9:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Image123:

Thank you for thanking me, cheesy cheesy
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

new mountains and rocks continually formed. The emergence of a star or planet is not contradictory to any Bible claim...
well said..

Exactly why i am saying that there are christians there. Out of about over 30million people, there are some christians there. i also KNOW people, MY FRIENDS who were born to islam parents and have siblings who still practice that religion but they are christians. These REALITY makes nonsense of your hoping PROBABILITY that someone born of islam parents or someone living in Afghan cannot be a christian. Jesus died for the whole world, and people give their lives to Him anywhere and everywhere. He is not bound. Deal with realities and facts, not with conjectures and whatifs. That is straight enough, the God that knew me from my mother's womb knows and i know that i was born to be God's pikin.
0.2 of a populace...u know christians in afghan?...so u wud have been a christian..
Even in 100 percent islam countries..u wud have seen jesus as the real god?
Ryt?

Who cares? It is not my business or not if he is a liar or a 'truther', it adds nothing to me. If he likes, let him divide the sun into 24, so what? It takes nothing away from the fact that Jesus died for me.
ok...it also does nt take away the fact that muhammed can be the real dude

Psa 19:4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
Psa 19:5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
Psa 19:6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it : and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
the bolded words give description of an orbital movement of the sun..

Jos 10:12 Then spoke Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
Jos 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

the sun stood still nd didnt go down the whole day such that night never came till victory was attained...in other words...the movement(orbiting) of the sun determines a day...
Saying it was written at the level man understood the workings of the universe means that the scripture of joshua was nt divinely inspired...
A creator wud know how his creations operate..and an ominiscient one wud have known these scriptures wud also be for future generations nt only that one....this proves it was written by man's initiatives..

Jdg 5:31 So let all thine enemies perish, O LORD: but let them that love him be as the sun when he goeth forth in his might. And the land had rest forty years.
as the sun goes forth it its strength..a kind of movement pertaining to earth....

Job 9:7 Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars.
i didnt want to initially include sun set and sunrise verses..like 3 more like that...
Bt this one kinda stood out..
He commanded the sun not to rise..nd it didnt...(in relation to the earth)
a divinely inspired scripture may have said smtin like
which commanded the earth to be stable nd the sun shineth or ariseth not..
Or smtin like
which commanded the earth not to turn in thy own self nd the sun ariseth not
or better still(a creator given word)
which commanded the earth to not spin(turn) like a ball and the stable sun gaveth not her light..

ORBIT: to move around an astronomical object in a path dictated by the force of gravity exerted by that body

None of the above scriptures talks about the Sun moving AROUND the earth, in revolution or rotation context as you are suggesting or implying(i understand your line of argument/query). It is a simple and normal standard of expression as the usual SUNRISE and SUNSET.
they do...especially joshua nd the psalmists...
Scriptures are supposed to be divinely inspired..directed by the holy spirit,,exact words of god etc..
So giving them a man-like idea is nt fitting for a creator god inspired work.
Everybody uses those expression till tomorrow, nobody makes silly noise about it. Only people who have nothing to say will be twisting it as scientific evidence against Bible, the Bible is not your geography textbook. It is like saying breaking one's heart, or my heart jumped. Tha't human viewpoint and expression. And yes, the clouds, the moon and the Sun do move, but the earth also move. Just like in a moving car, the trees appear to be moving when you are the one actually moving. Come to actually think of it, you are not moving in a sense but it is the car that is moving, or even more correct to say that the car is moving you.
everybody does tho not to the extent u claim we do..bt they dont claim to get the idea or are directed by god or smtin likke dat....and they know how it truly works...

Well, that still says nothing about the UNIVERSE being 1000years old. Jesus or Adam and Eve are not the Universe, are they?
according to the bible...god made the universe in six literal days....and he created adam on the sixth day..so u can do the maths...
I jst gave it ten k years..
Its even younger than that frm ur biblle....lets say 6100 years old...so answer why that happens if the universe is 6k years?

The cause of the River Ogun in Egbaland is different from the cause of the River Ogun from the christian viewpoint too, some people think that it was a human being that became river, you know?. The cause of the economic issues in Nigeria is different in the mouths of the two major political parties. Does that mean that there are no economic issues?
if the economice issues they describe are not true..then they may nt be economics issues to tackle...the real economic issues may be hidden frm both parties...
Bt the two parties claim to knw the true economic issues nd blame the other opposition for it or label the other opposition as a lier(the economic issues brought by the other)

The homo neanderthals are not homo sapien, are they?
no they are not modern homo sapiens..
If the bible/quran said we started offf as homo sapiens since the inception of the universe
From where did they come from?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by agwom(m): 9:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Why these questions?
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by raphieMontella: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2016
agwom:
Why these questions?
to see sincerity in each religious sect...
Re: 7 Questions For True Christians And True Muslims..bt Will Lie When Answering by winner01(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2016
raphieMontella:

k..bt this works two ways
a christian wud nt leave a muslim or an idol worshipper to do his stuffs...because he feels they are delusional..and that delusion wud lead to eternal damnation..so the human in the christian tries to win that person to his belief...
Is this true or not?
Most of my relatives are muslims. I have spoken to everyone of them at a time. The best thing is to pray for them and let them see you living the life of God. About 7 or 8 of them are now in christ. You dont mock people out of their delusion, atheists do this all the time. It can only be as a result of insecurity not commitment to human life.

raphieMontella:

If u substitute the terms..
Its kinda like the same tin for an average atheist..
Wudnt want his fellow human to keep on living a lie when he/she has jst one life to live...
We both knw Christians first startted the evangelism..
Christians evangelize because they have a mandate. We dont force people to accept Jesus and most importantly, we dont mock people for their beliefs. No Man has the power to convert another. God is the only One who can change a mans heart. The problem is what does it matter to you if you live your life in a lie or not. There is no single thing in this world that atheists do better than christians so what basis do they have. If I open a thread on what atheists do better, you start hearing annoying stuffs like:
You tend to love better, understand the world better, work harder e.t.c
wtf! like seriously! atheism does this better only with their mouth.

raphieMontella:

because every bag of cells have jst an average of 30k days on earth..so it matters a lot...utilizing that chance given to each bag of cells to make the earth better is relevant.
We all have ethics...
Atheists are not cold blooded mammals
Look "it matters a lot" is what you are saying cos atheist leaders have said it and regurgitated it over and over.
The truth is that it does not matter. If humans just exist accidentally to exist, then all actions are equal, either good or bad. You people are terribly ignorant that it is in many peoples nature to be bad, some people derive satisfaction in stealing what does not belong to them, cracking peoples heads open, blowing up buildings for money etc. Not everyone wants to live that socially dictated life of go to school, get a job, have kids and die. Some people want to be FREETHINKERS. Yeah I said freethinkers cos those are the people who really question everything in life. The only things atheists question is religion. And yet in your deluded minds, you feel you can judge such people for the few years of fulfilment/satisfaction they want to live?
The universe did not care to create you, your existence is meaningless. So why does it matter what you do or what meaning each accidental cell bag makes from life. What position are you in to judge the meaning which other people have given to life?
The fact that you all cling firmly to meaning in life is enough proof that there is a God, for you cant use meaningless to proclaim meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will We Still Believe In Jesus In These Situations? / Atheists Pls I Need Ur Help / The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.