Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,182 members, 7,957,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! (52861 Views)

Invitation To A High Profit, Multimillion Naira Rice Investment Concept! / 20 Small Business Investment Opportunities In Lagos State / 2million Naira, But No Business Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
There are hundreds of small businesses which are thriving in the Nigerian society today. Some of these small businesses are already yielding hundreds of thousands of naira to your neighbours and peers.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee! Instead of waiting all year for a white-collar appointment that might not even be forthcoming, here are 20 small businesses you could start up with little capital while you wait for that dream job. You can start all these businesses with 20,000 Naira (aprroximately $70) or less.

Technology Businesses

#1 Recharge card printing

The recharge card you use are mostly not printed by the big telecommunications giants you subscribe to. They are printed by everyday people like you. If you do your research well, you can start this business with as little as #20,000.

#2 Selling fairly used computers and TVs

A host of Nigerians cannot afford to purchase brand new computers, laptops or TV sets. You could open a shop which collects used laptops and TVs and then sell them at a higher price, after refurbishing. Don’t see this as difficult, lots of people are already doing it. The first step is to get a shop or space, the rest comes with diligence.

#3 Selling fairly used phones

Just like the small business above in #2, this one involves little or no skill. It can be engaged in by anyone including students. Return on investment is almost guaranteed. Once again, diligence is key. However, I would advice that you carry out in-depth research on how to tell "good market" from "bad market".

#4 Mini cyber café

Cyber café have gone out of fashion, true. But students still need to register for JAMB, WAEC, NECO, post-UTME etc. People who are not digital savvy also need to register for several things online including the very important national passport. This is where you come in. This small business can be started right at the comer of your house.

Food Businesses

#5 Preserving and selling of beans

During the harvest season in Nigeria, foodstuff such as beans become very cheap. You can take advantage of this and buy, store and preserve them to sell during the planting season. You need to first have space for storage.

#6 Buying and reselling of rice or garri

Rice, especially local rice as well as garri, is cheaper in some states of the country than in others. You could start a business buying and selling these foodstuffs with as little as #20,000. You, however, need to be committed to making it work as it requires a lot of logistics.

Animal husbandry

#7 Fish farming

Small scale fish farming is easy to start and requires low capital. You can start this right at your backyard with a large basin, few fingerlings that can fit in it and fish feed. However, I advise you do some in-depth research first.

#8 Snail farming

Just like fish farming, small-scale snail farming is also lucrative. It, however, requires that you take your time to understand how it’s done first.

#9 Poultry farming

This one requires a little bit of skill but also promises a high return on investment. You can start this with a few chicks and a make-shift cage right in your backyard.

“My best advice to entrepreneurs is this; forget about making mistakes, just do it.” – Ajaero Tony Martins

#Advice: These small business ideas require planning and lots of patience to grow into profitable businesses. Don't be scared of failing, just do it!

Service Businesses

#10 Dry cleaning

No matter how many dry cleaning shops are out there, more are still needed. You can start with dry cleaning at home for neighbours. Get a business card and distribute it. Start with manual washing if you don't have a washing machine; no one cares as long as their clothes are clean, ironed and smells nice. Make your business stand out and you will excel.

See More Ideas @ https://idonsabi.com/2016/08/09/20-small-businesses-you-can-start-today/

1 Like

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks very much......looking forward to selling farm produce soon
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2016
none of the above mentioned can be started with 20000 naira

10 Likes

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by MrBlazy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Rent a shop with #20,000 and start selling farly used TV's? Op please go back and do your home work well.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
MrBlazy:
Rent a shop with #20,000 and start selling farly used TV's? Op please go back and do your home work well.

You can sell in an online shop or rent an open space. The last time I tried renting an open space in Lagos, the charge was a bit over 1k per month
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 8:41am On Aug 21, 2016
girlfromafrica:
There are hundreds of small businesses which are thriving in the Nigerian society today. Some of these small businesses are already yielding hundreds of thousands of naira to your neighbours and peers.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee! Instead of waiting all year for a white-collar appointment that might not even be forthcoming, here are 20 small businesses you could start up with little capital while you wait for that dream job. You can start all these businesses with 20,000 Naira (aprroximately $70) or less.

Technology Businesses

#1 Recharge card printing

The recharge card you use are mostly not printed by the big telecommunications giants you subscribe to. They are printed by everyday people like you. If you do your research well, you can start this business with as little as #20,000.

#2 Selling fairly used computers and TVs

A host of Nigerians cannot afford to purchase brand new computers, laptops or TV sets. You could open a shop which collects used laptops and TVs and then sell them at a higher price, after refurbishing. Don’t see this as difficult, lots of people are already doing it. The first step is to get a shop or space, the rest comes with diligence.

#3 Selling fairly used phones

Just like the small business above in #2, this one involves little or no skill. It can be engaged in by anyone including students. Return on investment is almost guaranteed. Once again, diligence is key. However, I would advice that you carry out in-depth research on how to tell "good market" from "bad market".

#4 Mini cyber café

Cyber café have gone out of fashion, true. But students still need to register for JAMB, WAEC, NECO, post-UTME etc. People who are not digital savvy also need to register for several things online including the very important national passport. This is where you come in. This small business can be started right at the comer of your house.

Food Businesses

#5 Preserving and selling of beans

During the harvest season in Nigeria, foodstuff such as beans become very cheap. You can take advantage of this and buy, store and preserve them to sell during the planting season. You need to first have space for storage.

#6 Buying and reselling of rice or garri

Rice, especially local rice as well as garri, is cheaper in some states of the country than in others. You could start a business buying and selling these foodstuffs with as little as #20,000. You, however, need to be committed to making it work as it requires a lot of logistics.

Animal husbandry

#7 Fish farming

Small scale fish farming is easy to start and requires low capital. You can start this right at your backyard with a large basin, few fingerlings that can fit in it and fish feed. However, I advise you do some in-depth research first.

#8 Snail farming

Just like fish farming, small-scale snail farming is also lucrative. It, however, requires that you take your time to understand how it’s done first.

#9 Poultry farming

This one requires a little bit of skill but also promises a high return on investment. You can start this with a few chicks and a make-shift cage right in your backyard.

“My best advice to entrepreneurs is this; forget about making mistakes, just do it.” – Ajaero Tony Martins

#Advice: These small business ideas require planning and lots of patience to grow into profitable businesses. Don't be scared of failing, just do it!

Service Businesses

#10 Dry cleaning

No matter how many dry cleaning shops are out there, more are still needed. You can start with dry cleaning at home for neighbours. Get a business card and distribute it. Start with manual washing if you don't have a washing machine; no one cares as long as their clothes are clean, ironed and smells nice. Make your business stand out and you will excel.

See More Ideas @ https://idonsabi.com/2016/08/09/20-small-businesses-you-can-start-today/
Palm oil business is the best and with the lowest or no risk rate. Go into pal oil business and you will not regret. It requires very little capital

2 Likes

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2016
winnah:

Palm oil business is the best and with the lowest or no risk rate. Go into pal oil business and you will not regret. It requires very little capital

Thanks for sharing...will look into it!
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=girlfromafrica post=48678643]

Thanks for sharing...will look into it![/
I tell you the truth palm oil business is like doing blood money. Currently, am serving in kano state. Before I return to kano, my mum gave me 40k to get an accommodation when I get to kano. Looking for a way to multiply the money or increase it, I used the money to buy palm oil. I got it at the rate of 4,500 per jerry can. I used 22,500 to purchase 5 jerry can of palm oil, but when I got to kano state I sold each of them at the rate of 8k and I sold of everything without stress and realize 40,000. U don't need a shop, market, just have the product. Currently now in kano palm oil is about 15k per jerry can. The risk in palm oil business is 5/100. It's one investment with the lowest risk rate. It dose not spoil. Price do appreciate. With hundred thousand, you can see yourself a millionaire. This is the best investment. You can start with any amount,. You can't loose it, the risk rate is as low as 1%. Take note; during dry season the price is always very cheap, this is when u can get the product at a very cheap price, get the product this period, store it a during raining season sale them off and make your huge returns. This is the best investment plan that gives you time to do other business and will never stress you also give you rest of mind because there's title or no risk.
]

3 Likes

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by nexwayne: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2016
winnah:

Please brief me
Chineduchiaju@gmail.com
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=nexwayne post=48681022]

Please brief me
Chineduchiaju@gmail.com [/quote
I tell you the truth palm oil business is like doing blood money. Currently, am serving in kano state. Before I return to kano, my mum gave me 40k to get an accommodation when I get to kano. Looking for a way to multiply the money or increase it, I used the money to buy palm oil. I got it at the rate of 4,500 per jerry can. I used 22,500 to purchase 5 jerry can of palm oil, but when I got to kano state I sold each of them at the rate of 8k and I sold of everything without stress and realize 40,000. U don't need a shop, market, just have the product. Currently now in kano palm oil is about 15k per jerry can. The risk in palm oil business is 5/100. It's one investment with the lowest risk rate. It dose not spoil. Price do appreciate. With hundred thousand, you can see yourself a millionaire. This is the best investment. You can start with any amount,. You can't loose it, the risk rate is as low as 1%. Take note; during dry season the price is always very cheap, this is when u can get the product at a very cheap price, get the product this period, store it a during raining season sale them off and make your huge returns. This is the best investment plan that gives you time to do other business and will never stress you also give you rest of mind because there's title or no risk.

1 Like

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 9:07am On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=winnah post=48685180][/quote]

Wow, more great info and more info please like where is palm oil cheapest? how do you transport it? who do you sell to?

...I also hope you don't mind if I share this with my network? smiley
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
girlfromafrica:

Wow, more great info and more info please like where is palm oil cheapest? how do you transport it? who do you sell to?

No problem, your free to share. But my advice to you is that you shouldn't go into the business now (between this august and september) because the price now is very high (this is period were people do sale off old stuck) the reason why dis product is usually high now is because of too much rain. Palm oil business is usually in season (dry season this is period where the product will be in abundance dew to the weather, so this is the best time to store the product; thus raining season, this period, the product is usually very scares dew to much rain and as a result of this the price will be very high. A jerry can now is between 11-14k. But by Dec the price should go down to like 5k. And from January to April the price would go for as low as 4-4500. Then by July to September is the best time to sale it off, during this period you can realize 100 -112% profit. (profit of 4-6k) per jerry can. Best of luck in your quest. From winnah.com
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
girlfromafrica:

About your question: first who to sale it to. Palm oil is like gold, just have the product and don't be in a hurry to sale, palm oil is not a perishable goods, you don't need to advertise it, but get it when it's cheap basically during dry season and be ready to make huge returns during raining season. Where to get it cheap, I believe this product is cheap in every where except north. Observe seasons. But research shows that it's cheap in ebonyi, imo, abia Calabar, anambra, enugu. Etc. But I will tell you that the best thing to observe is it season. It very simple, buy it during dry season (this is when it's cheap) and sale it during raining season(now the price is always very high). I hope your ok with my reply? Good luck in your quest. Winnah.com
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by wadetaw202: 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2016

Please where did you buy your palmoil at cheaper rate down south?
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by mrsage(m): 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
good
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by nexwayne: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by anath(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=winnah post=48679617][/quote]

Thanks I really appreciates this info of yours,but can the price of palm oil also increase during raining season in south south? This is my number sir lets talk more on watsapp!
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by anath(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2016

Thanks I really appreciates this info of yours,but can the price of palm oil also increase during raining season in south south? This is my number( +2348158452063)sir lets talk more on watsapp!
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2016
winnah:

About your question: first who to sale it to. Palm oil is like gold, just have the product and don't be in a hurry to sale, palm oil is not a perishable goods, you don't need to advertise it, but get it when it's cheap basically during dry season and be ready to make huge returns during raining season. Where to get it cheap, I believe this product is cheap in every where except north. Observe seasons. But research shows that it's cheap in ebonyi, imo, abia Calabar, anambra, enugu. Etc. But I will tell you that the best thing to observe is it season. It very simple, buy it during dry season (this is when it's cheap) and sale it during raining season(now the price is always very high). I hope your ok with my reply? Good luck in your quest. Winnah.com

Is it possible to operate this business without being physically present in these locations?...since I have a full time job.
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
girlfromafrica:

Is it possible to operate this business without being physically present in these locations?...since I have a full time job.
It is very very possible on the scale of 100, it's 99.5%. It doesn't requires much from you. You can even make it looks like networking. If the cost is 4,500, without employing anyone, just let them know that anyone who bring one jerry can will get 500, or you bring someone that will sale at the actual price 4500, then for every jerry can the person sale to you, him as agent will get 500 from u th means the more jerry can you bring or the more person you bring the more they will receive money from you ok let assume anyone who bring 10 jerry can of red oil will receive 5k e.i 500*10) and if bring 20 jerrycan that person will receive 10k. So see it as if your buying each jerry can for 5k. Doing it this way, you've relive your self from the bottle neck of sourcing for the product an indirectly your creating employment. Abeg is this not networking. (it just a suggestion ooooo) but doing it this way will give you time to do other stuffs and to see your self as a boss. Good luck in your quest
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by winnah(f): 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
anath:

Thanks I really appreciates this info of yours,but can the price of palm oil also increase during raining season in south south? This is my number( +2348158452063)sir lets talk more on watsapp!
Sure it's even as a result of the increment In the south, and south east region that even make it so or extremely high in the north. As I am talking to you, the price of one jerry can in south now is about 12k. So you can store it in south and still resale it in south without taking it to the north. Imagine you have up to 100 jerry can an your making an average profit of 5k on each jerry can. Let's calculate the profit just the profit( 5,000 profit on each jerry can * 100 jerry can) 5,000*100=500,000.. this is one investment with the lowest risk rate, and you don't need much capital in other to start it. Although your capital determine your return. I hope your ok good luck with your quest. Winnah.com

1 Like

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by girlfromafrica: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
winnah:

It is very very possible on the scale of 100, it's 99.5%. It doesn't requires much from you. You can even make it looks like networking. If the cost is 4,500, without employing anyone, just let them know that anyone who bring one jerry can will get 500, or you bring someone that will sale at the actual price 4500, then for every jerry can the person sale to you, him as agent will get 500 from u th means the more jerry can you bring or the more person you bring the more they will receive money from you ok let assume anyone who bring 10 jerry can of red oil will receive 5k e.i 500*10) and if bring 20 jerrycan that person will receive 10k. So see it as if your buying each jerry can for 5k. Doing it this way, you've relive your self from the bottle neck of sourcing for the product an indirectly your creating employment. Abeg is this not networking. (it just a suggestion ooooo) but doing it this way will give you time to do other stuffs and to see your self as a boss. Good luck in your quest

Very good suggestion. I hope you don't mind my many questions but I stay in Lagos, if I want to source from Ebonyi State whats your suggestion on the logistics. Should I use transport services to bring it to Lagos or hire a truck man or what?
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by Ckof: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2017
[quote author=winnah post=48685180][/quote] can you please share your contact or please reach me on 08137305821
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by ssolaoye: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
#GOPAPERLESS! Say goodbye to paper invoices. Invoice allows you to create beautifully customised invoices and accept payments online.

Visit https://invoice.ng now.
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by nneomac89: 8:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
We supply good quality palm oil from the east to any state including the north. Contact 08036313862 if you're interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by mddavid(m): 4:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
Thanks for this business information,it will help me alot.
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by Preetivee: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
@winnah please could you send me an email ivyuche2@gmail.com, lets talk business
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by ishayaauta(m): 8:25am On Feb 11, 2018
hello sir please is the palm oil business still lucrative?
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by emmaliver(m): 8:58am On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=winnah post=48679617][/quote] where do u buy from and how do u preserve it to avoid spoiling.
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by maxiwise: 5:45pm On May 22, 2018
There is money on facebook, WhatsApp, instagram. And its available to everyone, you just have to know how to get it. Its not rocket science. If you spend up to 3 hours on facebok everyday and you are not getting alert from your activity on facebook, you should never complain about being broke. If you are really broke, then you will grab every opportunity that teaches you how to make money while having fun on social media.

I will attend to only 3 serious people who are hungry for success and ready to take the plunge and make serious money on Social Media .

Inbox me lets Break Records.
Watsapp me 2348106017549

#Longrichrocks
Re: 20 Small Business Ideas You Can Start With 20k Or Less And Get High Profit!!! by maxiwise: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
How would you feel if your annual income became your weekly income??

Do you know that this is possible?.. Yes, it is possible with Longrich International.

I therefore present Longrich International to you; a company that has been in existence for over 30 years, owns 3% of China's economy(as at 2016) and manufactures for top brands like Unilever, Avon, Marks and Spencer etc. Longrich also invests in real estate, Education and agriculture and is willing to share their profits with you based on their business model.

If you are hungry for financial success,
If you are ready to work,
If you believe in yourself,
If you believe in me,
If you believe that together, we can break financial records in 6 month,chat me up @2348106017549

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stock Market Jumps To 15-year High After Emefiele’s Suspension / How I Was Cheated By Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Ltd / MMM Dumps Naira, To Use Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.