Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,677 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Video Directing Help - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Video Directing Help (1169 Views)

Get A Diploma In Video Editing & Compositing,3D Animation & Motion Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Directing Help by smartsoft(m): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2009
hello everyone, there is something have wanted to do which is VIDEO DIRECTING. and am beginning to wonder, i don't handle CAMERAS but some people says i must know how to handle camera before i can be called any DIRECTOR. so the question is must i know how to handle camera or must i just know when to tell the D.O.P to give me a particular angle??

Please SOJI where you dey??
Re: Video Directing Help by emmakc(m): 11:09am On Oct 05, 2009
Yes, u have to know ur shots, angles and frames. And terms u know, CU, MS, WS,, ETC
Re: Video Directing Help by talk2cj08(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2009
You must not know how to handle camera. Camera is the job of a D.O.P. All you need is just an experience in camera shots in other to get what you want.
Re: Video Directing Help by sojioguns(m): 10:43am On Dec 21, 2009
Very simply put, a director is the creative guy/babe with the final picture in his head. This includes:
- The cast and their acting
- A vague idea of the costumes and colours
- The kind of music that would drive the edit
- The Camera angles (he would also get assistance from the D.O.P)
- The actual edit
N.B: I believe the director MUST sit in on edits, even if he doesnt know how to operate a computer.

You dont need to handle the camera to be a director, although that could be an added advantage if it doesnt cause distraction.
Re: Video Directing Help by talk2cj08(m): 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2010
Do any one know the motion graphic software that was use in bracket video
{NO TIME and ADA OWERRI}
Re: Video Directing Help by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
adobe aftereffects

(1) (Reply)

Work We Are Up to Here at EVCL / I Need A Logo And Flyers Designed / Adobe Flash Designer Needed For Urgent Full Time Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.