Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,902 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Ifa For Morning Devotion. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ifa For Morning Devotion. (1533 Views)

Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piƧ / Any Man Who Sleeps With Ooni's Ex-Queen Will Die If Not Cleansed - Ifa Priest / Alaafin Of Oyo Declares Ifa Priests Wanted, Sues Them For Giving Oyinbo Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa For Morning Devotion. by lawani: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
IFA FOR MORNING DEVOTION.

For over a week now, I have been publishing my analysis of the 16 mejis but I have only dealt with the ires (good fortune) aspect when there is also ibi (misfortune). The normal procedure is to generate the first pattern as answer to a query. Say 'how is today going to be?', then you generate two more, if the first is senior to the second, then the answer came with ire or good fortune if otherwise, it is ibi (misfortune). You will be greeting the odus as they come up. There are verses for both ires and ibis. If you know 20 verses each for the mejis, that is 320 verses, then 5 each for the omo odus that are 240 that is 1200 making just less than 2000 verses, then you are in shape, you can use whatever method to determine which verse to chant as direction to your path.

Use that as a morning devotion instead of the alien and evil Bible and Quran.
You will be shocked by the accuracy of your readings if you are an upright person with ASE but even if not, your readings should still be taken seriously.

WHAT IS THE USE OF IFA?

We use Ifa to get answers that we could otherwise never have gotten, we use Ifa to do things that would have been otherwise impossible. That is the use. How do I know how the end will be from the beginning? Only Ifa!. Ifa la fi ni moran, Ifaloju, Ifalogbon. Ifa is the path clearer, Ifa is our eyes and wisdom. It was Ifa that let the Bush family know that their young newly born daughter is going to marry an African. Even if you are not paying attention, Ifa is yet trying frantically to guide you!

May Olodumare help us. Ase.

1 Like

Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by sen8or(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2016
I'm following keenly, updates needed please
Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2016
What is the meaning of ikofa and itefa
Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by lawani: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Ayomidegbenga1:
What is the meaning of ikofa and itefa

Itefa means initiation, I believe ikofa means learning. The things to learn are many. If you can recognise all the 256 patterns and you know like 7 verses for each and the rituals, then you are a junior Ifa priest, let us say a Bachelors holder. Then there is MSc, PHd, Associate Prof, Prof, Emeritus Prof even Nobel laureatte. Take it that Ifa can be used to do anything, to know anything, whether past or future. If you are an expert for instance, we can communicate with Ifa like we are in front of each other. You can use Ifa to play back what happened in the past on a projector and record it You can use Ifa for teleportation. Anything you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by ghostofsparta(m): 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
lawani:

Itefa means initiation, I believe ikofa means learning. The things to learn are many. If you can recognise all the 256 patterns and you know like 7 verses for each and the rituals, then you are a junior Ifa priest, let us say a Bachelors holder. Then there is MSc, PHd, Associate Prof, Prof, Emeritus Prof even Nobel laureatte. Take it that Ifa can be used to do anything, to know anything, whether past or future. If you are an expert for instance, we can communicate with Ifa like we are in front of each other. You can use Ifa to play back what happened in the past on a projector and record it You can use Ifa for teleportation. Anything you can imagine.
How many Odus have you learned/memorized i.e. how many are the ones you can recite
Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pls,is it compulsory to take ifa (ikin) to igbodu? Also,what is the benefit of feedind ones ikin without taking it to igbodu.
Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by lawani: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ayomidegbenga1:
Pls,is it compulsory to take ifa (ikin) to igbodu? Also,what is the benefit of feedind ones ikin without taking it to igbodu.

The purpose of itefa is proper organisation. Can you write a BSc thesis without a superior? A supervisor? It is thesame way. Then for uniformity and conformity to ethical standards, then we all know if one person can do two, two in cooperation may be able to do ten. So it is good to be properly initiated but once you grasp the flow, you will realise your work is cut out for you, hardwork and focus is the only way to become a master in any field of human endeavor.
Re: Ifa For Morning Devotion. by emmanuelbrown26: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
lawani:

The purpose of itefa is proper organisation. Can you write a BSc thesis without a superior? A supervisor? It is thesame way. Then for uniformity and conformity to ethical standards, then we all know if one person can do two, two in cooperation may be able to do ten. So it is good to be properly initiated but once you grasp the flow, you will realise your work is cut out for you, hardwork and focus is the only way to become a master in any field of human endeavor.
abeg how will i reach u, tel or mail

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Ijomu Oro In Kwara State / Last Cannibals - Last Survivals Of The Stone Age / Supreme Comradium!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.