Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

News Around The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News Around The World (509 Views)

News Around The World / News Around The World / News Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Around The World by Newsbreakers: 7:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
Puel: Mourinho will struggle to keep Man Utd stars happy

The Southampton manager warns his Old Trafford counterpart about trying to fit all of his best players into his team on a regular basis following the arrival of Paul Pogba

With so many stars at Jose Mourinho’s disposal, Southampton manager Claude Puel has questioned how his Manchester United counterpart will keep his players happy at Old Trafford.

Paul Pogba – the world’s most expensive player – is set to make his long-awaited return for United in Friday’s Premier League clash against Southampton after arriving from Italian champions Juventus.

The Frenchman will bolster a midfield already including Juan Mata, Marouane Fellaini, Morgan Schneiderlin, Ander Herrera, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Michael Carrick, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial are all in the starting XI.

And as Southampton prepare to face United at Old Trafford, Puel insists Mourinho will have his hands full.

“Pogba has qualities and is a different player who can make a difference in an offensive game and also defensive,” Puel told reporters.

“He is always dangerous on the run, but I don’t know how his manager can make all these great players work together.

“It is difficult to remain a collective and to have two or three players for every position on the pitch. I’m sure they can be one of the favourites to win the championship. But I hope we can slow them down and take one or all three points from Manchester United.

“The most important thing for us is not to consider them as a great team with great players but to consider them as opponents with good opportunities to make a good game and to make a good result.”

Southampton were held to a 1-1 draw by Watford in their opening fixture, whilst United beat Bournemouth 3-1 with Ibrahimovic scoring on his debut.

Amber Heard to give away her $7M divorce settlement from Johnny Depp

Two days ago, Amber Heard dismissed her domestic violence restraining order petition against her estranged husband, Johnny Depp, as the case has settled, since he agreed to pay Amber approximately $7 million to walk away.

However, Amber Heard plans to give the whole settlement money to Charity.

Speaking to TMZ, she said:

“The donation will be divided equally between the ACLU, with a particular focus to stop violence against women, and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, where I have worked as a volunteer for the past 10 years.”

According to Amber, the divorce wasn’t about financial gain.

“Money played no role for me personally and never has, except to the extent that I could donate it to charity and, in doing so, hopefully, help those less able to defend themselves.”

She also claims to have forfeited all residuals Johnny earned from movie deals he made during their 15-month marriage (which she’d be entitled to because there was no prenup).

T.I.’s wife Tiny denies claims they are getting divorced

Rapper T.I. and his wife, Tameka ‘Tiny’ Harris have been plagued with relationship troubles, fabricated by people. Recently, there were reports that the couple was getting divorced.

On Thursday, Tiny’s rep denied recent reports that the star and her husband are headed for a divorce adding that they were not having marital issues. The rep also denied that T.I. had cheated on his wife.
The rep said:

‘Tameka Harris has read so much about her marriage in the past few weeks that it’s time to set the record straight and really educate everyone on the facts. Certain blogs have ‘reported’ that she’s going to be a single mom, she’s getting a divorce, she has a new residence and everything in between.

‘On behalf of Mrs. Harris this is the truth – Tameka and T.I. are good. They love each other and they have a beautiful family with 7 amazing children. ‘For them it will always be family over everything.’

The couple has been together since 2001 but got married in 2010. They have three children together, two boys and a daughter they welcomed in March.

Cindy Crawford’s 14-year-old daughter lands her first solo magazine cover

Cindy Crawford was 16 when she made it onto a magazine cover but she has been outdone by her 14-year-old daughter, Kaia Gerber. The teen who landed on the cover of POP magazine expressed her delight at living her modelling dream.

Kaia who covered Vogue last year along with her mother said: ‘It’s not like I never dreamed it could happen because it’s really all I dreamed about,’ she explains. ‘But I never thought it’d happen this early. It didn’t hit me until Mum and I got the French Vogue cover – even after that I was like, “wait is this really happening?” I’m still kind of shocked.’

According to the founder and Editor-in-Chief of POP Ashley Heath; “Kaia Gerber will be the biggest model in the world within 5 years.”

Couple have sex on Live TV while BBC reporter hosts sporting action at the Rio Olympics

This is the hilarious moment BBC Olympics presenter Dan Walker was interrupted by a couple who appeared to be having sex behind him on a beach in Rio. As Walker talked on Live TV, he realized that social media viewers were tweeting about the ‘amorous’ positioning of a couple behind him in the shoreline background.

He looked back and saw what was going on and tried to laugh it off by telling viewers that the scene behind him wasn’t “that” and that the pair were ‘having a hug’ or ‘reading a book…. in a strange pose’. Walker also informed viewers that his camera team were not going to zoom in on the couple to find out what was really going on…to the disappointment of some.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Overriding Public Interest / Sacrificial Faith. / Bandits Kill 2 Policemen, 7 Others In Fresh Attack In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.