Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Android Phone *proper* Specification Listing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phone *proper* Specification Listing (587 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S9 Full Specification And Review / Infinix Zero 5, Price and Specification Discussion Thread / 3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Android Phone *proper* Specification Listing by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi guys am an avid follower of this thread but I must say i've noticed something wrong here, when listing the specs of the phone, most people never write the Processor Model and always forget to list the GPU,

The GPU is actually important especially for those of us interested in gaming, and also I see people who create videos and try to review the gaming aspect and i cringe when they test 2D games and old 3d games, that's actually wrong, when you buy a GPU for a PC you test against the latest game and also latest technology.

Meaning we should run a benchmark on the phone like 3DMark and see the FPS counts for different OpenGLES features, and also we should run high end games and put to highest quality games like Modern Combat, Prometheus and Opengl3.1 games if they are available and also some demos to see if the phone can run Vulkan API, alot of us want to invest in the right phone.

Thanks

Also I want to review phones in terms of gaming, do companies usually give people phones to review before returning it.

1 Like

Re: Android Phone *proper* Specification Listing by slimmax: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2016
pcguru1:
Hi guys am an avid follower of this thread but I must say i've noticed something wrong here, when listing the specs of the phone, most people never write the Processor Model and always forget to list the GPU,

The GPU is actually important especially for those of us interested in gaming, and also I see people who create videos and try to review the gaming aspect and i cringe when they test 2D games and old 3d games, that's actually wrong, when you buy a GPU for a PC you test against the latest game and also latest technology.

Meaning we should run a benchmark on the phone like 3DMark and see the FPS counts for different OpenGLES features, and also we should run high end games and put to highest quality games like Modern Combat, Prometheus and Opengl3.1 games if they are available and also some demos to see if the phone can run Vulkan API, alot of us want to invest in the right phone.

Thanks
Also I want to review phones in terms of gaming, do companies usually give people phones to review before returning it.
yeah they have like a small test group, just like major game console coys do. what i would love to see is a phone that has upgradable RAM.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Top Five Mobile Brand With Highest Sales In Q2. / ROYALSTAR Big Screen Android Phone For 20K Call 08147022418 / Nokia Lumia 950 XL Photos, Specifications And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.