Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN (1148 Views)

Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / Whatsapp Will Not Work On These Phones / Has Anyone Tried This Surprise Deal From MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2016
Please be informed that wow weekend doesn't work everyweek and ONLY dial the code when you get the text. I believe this is is a scam becuase the first time i used this service was the N500 wowweekend for a trial so the next week my account was actually charged automatically BUT i didn't have up to 500 in my account and mind you i didn't get the text that week. The reason i used the word scam is because i called the customer line immmediately that i didn't get the 7.5g after recharging 1000 and dialing the code and the guy told me that the wow data 7.5g is there! Only for me to get a text that my data has finished after few hours of browsing. Another customer agent told me this morining that i didn't even sub for the wow data and also said the plan is not preditable and it is by luck. I did and called to comfirm that the plan was active.

So my question to MTN is: why not say in your ads that this plan is not permanament or is by luck? I'm just wondering how many people fall into this trap.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by olanreyman(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Was also a victim yesterday... I was given 1gb for the normal sub though.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Rick9(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Was a victim also
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2016
olanreyman:
Was also a victim yesterday... I was given 1gb for the normal sub though.
I was given 1.5g. It is normal data for the money
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by olanreyman(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2016
chumakk:
I was given 1.5g. It is normal data for the money
in a nutshell if we didn't receive the wow message we should not just bother to try it.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2016
How is this a scam? Did MTN send u a message to recharge and get bonus which they failed? When u recharged, did MTN fail to give u ur normal data for which u subscribed? Nairalanders just misusing the word SCAM. A promo doesn't last forever, there are T&C.

2 Likes

Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2016
all I can said is all Nigeria network customers representative don't know a jerk about the company they are working for... they are so, outdated like internet explorer on window XP...
You asked them simple question, they put you on hold forever... until the google they answer before they respond back (that's if you're lucky )
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2016
greenhulk:
How is this a scam? Did MTN send u a message to recharge and get bonus which they failed? When u recharged, did MTN fail to give u ur normal data for which u subscribed? Nairalanders just misusing the word SCAM. A promo doesn't last forever, there are T&C.
Which kind of stupi*d promo is that. You do it today and don't do it tomorrow. That wow weekend is a trap. The question is that why did other people fell into this scam. My friend, if you do understand marketing, promotion and human behavior you will know MTN has scamed thousnads of people if not millions who they have MAKE believe that wowweeked is every week promo. If i want normal data did you think i don't know the code to dial? Or why do i have to wait till friday to activate "normal data" plan
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by virus05(m): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2016

chumakk:
Please be informed that wow weekend doesn't work everyweek and ONLY dial the code when you get the text. I believe this is is a scam becuase the first time i used this service was the N500 wowweekend for a trial so the next week my account was actually charged automatically BUT i didn't have up to 500 in my account and mind you i didn't get the text that week. The reason i used the word scam is because i called the customer line immmediately that i didn't get the 7.5g after recharging 1000 and dialing the code and the guy told me that the wow data 7.5g is there! Only for me to get a text that my data has finished after few hours of browsing. Another customer agent told me this morining that i didn't even sub for the wow data and also said the plan is not preditable and it is by luck. I did and called to comfirm that the plan was active.

So my question to MTN is: why not say in your ads that this plan is not permanament or is by luck? I'm just wondering how many people fall into this trap.
yeah that's true. i subscribed 1k this morning and got normal 1.5gb.. MtN very stupid network. They remove N20 from my account everyday for 1 stupid fashion and prayer tips which i did'nt subscribe for. if i call customer care, they will cancel it, but the next day it will start again. I no dey keep credit for that sim o
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
chumakk:
Which kind of stupi*d promo is that. You do it today and don't do it tomorrow. That wow weekend is a trap. The question is that why did other people fell into this scam. My friend, if you do understand marketing, promotion and human behavior you will know MTN has scamed thousnads of people if not millions who they have MAKE believe that wowweeked is every week promo. If i want normal data did you think i don't know the code to dial? Or why do i have to wait till friday to activate "normal data" plan

Call it whatever u like. It is still a promo and not meant to last forever. I doubt they even put it on their website. They have the right to change their T&C without prior notice. Moreover mtn usually send texts to inform subscribers about the wow promo. When they did the techplus 2k for 7gb for 3 days, did they not deliver? They did the wow promo where u recharge above 500 and get 1gb did they not deliver? Last week it was subscribe for 2k 3.5b and get 17gb for the weekend... They delivered as I enjoyed it. This week we don't know what promo they are doing, so u cannot Say they scammed u because THEY DID NOT SEND U ANY MESSAGE TO RECHARGE A PARTICULAR AMOUNT AND GET A PARTICULAR DATA.

And since u like promo I think I got one that works. Mtn are giving double data for any plan u subscribe, but the catch is it can only be activated once on one phone... So if u already have double data with ur phone before, there's probability u won't get it. I got 7gb yesterday subscribing for the 2k 3.5gb plan. Today I put my sim card in another phone that I have never used to subscribe to mtn and they texted me that my phone has been activated for double promo. So now I'm going to subscribe for the 5k 10gb plan and get 20gb.

Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by dhsfbi(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
Do not sub for the wow weekend data if they did not send out message.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Call it whatever u like. It is still a promo and not meant to last forever. I doubt they even put it on their website. They have the right to change their T&C without prior notice. Moreover mtn usually send texts to inform subscribers about the wow promo. When they did the techplus 2k for 7gb for 3 days, did they not deliver? They did the wow promo where u recharge above 500 and get 1gb did they not deliver? Last week it was subscribe for 2k 3.5b and get 17gb for the weekend... They delivered as I enjoyed it. This week we don't know what promo they are doing, so u cannot Say they scammed u because THEY DID NOT SEND U ANY MESSAGE TO RECHARGE A PARTICULAR AMOUNT AND GET A PARTICULAR DATA.

And since u like promo I think I got one that works. Mtn are giving double data for any plan u subscribe, but the catch is it can only be activated once on one phone... So if u already have double data with ur phone before, there's probability u won't get it. I got 7gb yesterday subscribing for the 2k 3.5gb plan. Today I put my sim card in another phone that I have never used to subscribe to mtn and they texted me that my phone has been activated for double promo. So now I'm going to subscribe for the 5k 10gb plan and get 20gb.
It is a trap. That's the fact. You don't give with one and take back what you gave. It got the wow data last and this week i have "paid" back it through their debious means so i didn't get anything in total. Don't worry, they will do you one day and i know you will not have the courage to tell us.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
chumakk:
It is a trap. That's the fact. You don't give with one and take back what you gave. It got the wow data last and this week i have "paid" back it through their debious means so i didn't get anything in total. Don't worry, they will do you one day and i know you will not have the courage to tell us.

TThey will do me? How? I do not cry foul if I don't receive a bonus. The only time I will speak is when I recharge and I don't get my normal recharge, or when I subscribe to a plan and they don't give me the plan I subscribed for.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Dam5reey(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
chumakk:

You trapped your self
Was your credit deducted? you should be banned for this thread!

every promotion has it T and C
It is not a plan.. . Even plans do expire I remembered Xtracool.. Call rates and so on kept changing. ..

You should blame your ignorance.. .
The promotion lasted for about 3 weeks replaced by extra data.. Data offer for the weekend. .. About 2 weekends too..
No weekend promotion currently. ..

Mr free things. ... How is offering 3G for 500 that is a data plan

2 Likes

Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

You trapped your self

It is not a plan.. . Even plans do expire I remembered Xtracool.. Call rates and so on kept changing. ..

The promotion lasted for about 3 weeks replaced by extra data.. Data offer for the weekend. .. About 2 weekends too..

You should blame yourself for giving wrong information. That wow data was available last week.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

You trapped your self

Correct. Exactly the same thing I been saying. Since credit was not deducted then how is that a scam? Some people sef.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Buffer(f): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
I never see people like Nigerians, small thing na SCAM, they just think things would go the way they think always without reading the T&C.

It is called wow weekend and it is a series of offers which comes with a sms notifications.

The trick I am seeing MTN employing though is to get people on data plans with auto renew, when you least expected it, you are renewed unless you kept your balance low
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by Hansbireo(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
chumakk:

You're absolutely wrong, you're not the owner or boss of mtn.. this guys did something probably you'd not do.. market means business and it's to make gains and the interest of customers.. go through to your economics textbook and read on supply and demand.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2016
Hansbireo:

You're absolutely wrong, you're not the owner or boss of mtn.. this guys did something probably you'd not do.. market means business and it's to make gains and the interest of customers.. go through to your economics textbook and read on supply and demand.
You should read on the value of money. I can buy 30g with the 1000 i wasted on MTN 1.5g with airtel night plan. MTN cheated and my work here is to make sure others don't fall victim. You should also read something businesss ethics.
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by stred: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Why are you guys complaining?.. there was no wow weekend promo this week. You guys did yourselves and you started crying foul play here. Op the wow weekend is coming this week so you can sub this week
Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by teewhydope(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2016
chumakk:

you caused this urself yet you are still putting d blame on mtn. ignorance is a voluntary misfortune...smh

3 Likes

Re: Wowweekend Does Not Work Every Week! Another Scam From MTN by chumakk: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
teewhydope:

you caused this urself yet you are still putting d blame on mtn. ignorance is a voluntary misfortune...smh
Thank you, MTN Amb

(1) (Reply)

Fil Power Banks, Which One Have You Used / Techno R7 / What Can You Say About Tecno Products & Infinix Products.. ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.